Las Colinas

Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:32 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Las Colinas

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Quoting myself here just to add this link.

http://www.martinsafadesa.com/upload...ias/21_web.pdf
Las Colinas does not have VPO as far as I know and the article you refer to dates back to 2008 when properties were open to a rent and buy option. I don't think many people took up the option considering the price was set then and has nothing to do with the current pricing of property on Costa Esuri.
On another point Costa Esuri may have been predominantly non-resident property owners with British, Irish, Scottish & Welsh making up a fair majority of the owners but in the last 12-15 months I have seen a considerable growth in both Spanish and Portuguese population and with it all year round residents. Which imho is for the good of Costa Esuri.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -cordoba-
We're in Bloque 8 and all our neighbors are Spanish.
I was curious by this as it is unusual to find a lot of Spanish in tourist complexes. My Aunt was buying there but managed to get her money back. She has now bought a resale in Portugal.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Las Colinas

For example, in our complex 2 local police and a guardia civil have purchased apts. And I've also heard a lot of Portuguese have come. The more the merrier...
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

I was curious by this as it is unusual to find a lot of Spanish in tourist complexes. My Aunt was buying there but managed to get her money back. She has now bought a resale in Portugal.
Just out of interest why are you calling CE a 'tourist complex'. We live here permanently (as do lots of others all of different nationalities) so would not call ourselves tourists. Regards Bryony
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:03 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to split hairs go on then "residential tourist complex". That is what the junta calls them.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Las Colinas

If you want to split hairs go on then "residential tourist complex". That is what the junta calls them.
That is still not the right name for CE. When it was approved back at the turn of the Millenium it was the equivalent of a small English New Town such as Runcorn. It was to have a population of 18,000+ (as big as the municipality of Ayamonty) living in a mix of accomodation from apartments, duplexes, town houses and around 1000 parcelas for individual casas about 7000 units of accommodation in total. In the early days it was heavily marketed in Madrid and other major Spanish Cities and I think the northern European influx was an unintended consequence of the housing bubble. That part died in 2007/8 but the Spanish Banks who had foreclosed on whole blocks such as those in RAGO 1 and RAGO 3 (Las Colinas) had a marketing campaign last autumn & winter (co-inciding with the tightening of the rules by the Bank of Spain) and again sold many with attractive mortgages to Spanish Nationals. So it is much more as first intended with probably a majority of Spanish owners who are resident. There are also Portuguese resident and a mix of NE residents such as Brits, Dutch, French, Swedes, Danes Germans, and at least one Americans. Lots of these nationalities also own property for their own holiday use and rental use. A real mix!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:25 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

When you drive up to Costa Esuri the sign says "Urbanizacion Costa Esuri".....
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:32 am
Banned

Whatever

I only asked if there were any VPO (social housing etc) there because a poster said there was a lot of spanish. It is unusual a they don't like out of town living. I shall just use CE in future.

I agree it is good to get a good social mix, lots of chance to integrate if you are residents. I would hate to live in a solely ex-pat area. Only problem is the spanish never pay their community fees!

Last edited by jackytoo; Jul 1st 2011 at 11:37 am.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I knew I was speaking too soon; when we first came to Las Colinas the street lights were not working every night but after someone complained at the meeting last week they worked every day for a week. not last night though!!

I understand that there are very few English owners (unless anyone knows anything different there may only be the two of us), and a couple of Portuguese. There is also one resident South African (the golf pro). otherwise everyone is Spanish. because various blocks were owned by Spanish banks there was a big marketing campaign but this was only within Spain itself. it was not aimed at the British (or indeed any other) market. Most of them seem to be second homes because the place is packed at the weekends but quieter during the week. There are quite a lot of young families too.

Kath
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Las Colinas

Lots of info and comments. We are a U.S.- Spanish family so I don't know where that leaves us on the foreign vs. resident debate. We bought right before the big bank push (mostly BBVA and La Caixa) up here , directly from Fadesa. And most have been sold to Spainards (either from the area or as far away as Madrid?). We just paid out inter-community dues, though many don't (both Spanish and foreign)--Fadesa is another story... If anyone has more personal comments I think private e-mails are the way to go. Summer is here so CE may finally be crowded-hopefully the services will be up to the task...
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough

Hola Chicos
bienvenido a este foro.
Que problema estais teniendo ?
Nosotros vivimos en el Rago 2 y todo bien.
Mi familia es de Cordoba.
Best regards,
Paco
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Whatever

I only asked if there were any VPO (social housing etc) there because a poster said there was a lot of spanish. It is unusual a they don't like out of town living. I shall just use CE in future.

I agree it is good to get a good social mix, lots of chance to integrate if you are residents. I would hate to live in a solely ex-pat area. Only problem is the spanish never pay their community fees!
Well am the president of our block,two portals 22 appts,90% are Spanish and all pay the fees each quarter,no one missed in the last 18months.Even Fadesa are upto date.

The two main residents who actually live there permanent are Spanish,you say they don't like out of town living but Ayamonte is 5mins away in the car,along with Portugal and other towns.

Ken.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Paco
Hola Chicos
bienvenido a este foro.
Que problema estais teniendo ?
Nosotros vivimos en el Rago 2 y todo bien.
Mi familia es de Cordoba.
Best regards,
Paco
Or even córdoba will let you off the rest.....do all you spaniards use English keyboards now
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:04 pm
Banned

Well thanks for the info' I guess the answer is there aren't any VPO's in CE. That's all I was asking before all the whats in a name stuff
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:53 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

We´re all very happy to have helped and you´ve learned something too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.