Las Colinas

Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Las Colinas

Just spent the weekend in Las Colinas and things are picking up. Every week one or two new apts. are bought and the good news for us is that the pools finally opened(still no elevators (awaiting Fadesa)). It was a pleasant surprise as we hoped they would be repaired and opened before the end of the summer, but this Sat. was great news. Of course the bad news was seeing two dogs swimming w their owners!! who didn't feel they were doing anything wrong... and then this morning when I awoke early, I was pleased to see rabbits eating near the pool and then I saw an animal swimming in the pool and thought a rabbit had fallen in. Imagine my surprise when I saw a long tail...no, not our resident dogs but a rat! I hope it was a one time experience...
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Las Colinas

Originally Posted by -cordoba-
Just spent the weekend in Las Colinas and things are picking up. Every week one or two new apts. are bought and the good news for us is that the pools finally opened(still no elevators (awaiting Fadesa)). It was a pleasant surprise as we hoped they would be repaired and opened before the end of the summer, but this Sat. was great news. Of course the bad news was seeing two dogs swimming w their owners!! who didn't feel they were doing anything wrong... and then this morning when I awoke early, I was pleased to see rabbits eating near the pool and then I saw an animal swimming in the pool and thought a rabbit had fallen in. Imagine my surprise when I saw a long tail...no, not our resident dogs but a rat! I hope it was a one time experience...
Get something done about that ASAP "Weils Disease" is a killer and should not be treated lightly.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Las Colinas

I have an apartment on Las Encinas and our lifts are not functioning yet because the block took the decision to save the operating costs for the time being.
Until the majority of the apartments in your block are sold it may be very onerous for a few owners to pay the operating costs.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

That's part of the problem (apart from Fadesa). The ground floor residents don't really care about the elevators (understandably), and 1st floor don't want to pay up front. But it seems silly (if in the end it will have to be paid for) to have everyone (1st and 2nd floors) hauling everything (including themselves) up stairs. Hopefully they'll be working soon.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

That's part of the problem (apart from Fadesa). The ground floor residents don't really care about the elevators (understandably), and 1st floor don't want to pay up front. But it seems silly (if in the end it will have to be paid for) to have everyone (1st and 2nd floors) hauling everything (including themselves) up stairs. Hopefully they'll be working soon.
All floors including ground will have to eventually
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:17 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Is Las Colinas what I would call Rago 3, up on the hill? Get a gun and shoot the rats and the owners of them dogs !!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we're up on the hill. Won't be shooting anyone or anything though sometimes.....
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We are at Las Colinas at the moment. I didn't think that there were many other English speakers here. We went to the community meeting last Friday and everyone else was speaking Spanish. I understand now why people were getting so upset about dogs round the pool; we haven't seen any there but I wouldn't want any dogs swimming in the water (nor rats either!). We are in Bloque 11 and our lift is working; not that we need it as we are on the ground floor but we tried it when someone said that their's was not working. Last weekend was very busy although it has gone a little quieter today. It would be nice to get to know other people on the complex.

Kath and Ted
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

We're in Bloque 8 and all our neighbors are Spanish. We should be there mid July or so for the summer. Glad to hear your elevator is working. We just got community electricity but all the light bulbs were never installed or were stolen. Next is the TDT antenna and elevator. Are they picking up the garbage on your side?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Although I have never seen it done, the bins are empty every time we use them. There are recycling bins for plastic and paper but none for glass. We bought a tv last week and have managed to pick up over 60 digital channels; they are all in Spanish but someone told me that you can change the language on some of them but I haven't tried yet. We don't seem to have a problem with anything not working (touch wood); even the problem we did have last week with the external door not locking properly seems to have been fixed. Our biggest problem so far is being kept awake at night by the noise of the wind.
Kath
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, they are slowly fixing the area up--maybe after the intercommunity payment for July-Sept. is collected they will move faster. It does get quite windy up there--and the mosquitos?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are these blocks the ones sold to the spanish for social housing or VPO?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Although I have never seen it done, the bins are empty every time we use them. There are recycling bins for plastic and paper but none for glass. We bought a tv last week and have managed to pick up over 60 digital channels; they are all in Spanish but someone told me that you can change the language on some of them but I haven't tried yet. We don't seem to have a problem with anything not working (touch wood); even the problem we did have last week with the external door not locking properly seems to have been fixed. Our biggest problem so far is being kept awake at night by the noise of the wind.
Kath
Hi and welcome to Costa Esuri,
bet you have some great views from up there,have driven up a few times to nose about but was all very quiet back in April,but did seem to be getting busier?.

The blocks on the corner over looking the river and Portugal will have great views(plus the winds),get down the local shop or Jag's for a beer will soon meet a few English locals,enjoy.

Ken.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:29 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are these blocks the ones sold to the spanish for social housing or VPO?
Quoting myself here just to add this link.

http://www.martinsafadesa.com/upload...ias/21_web.pdf
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:22 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Not blocks, 47 apartments in total.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.