Reload this Page >

Kindle & Amazon.com

Kindle & Amazon.com

Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:25 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kindle & Amazon.com

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dont buy it from Amazon.com.

Ive been through all this in detail before Christmas. If you buy from amazon.com then your kindle will be registered to .com, which means you will not be able to download from .co.uk. That might seem insignificant until you check the differences in downloads from the different sites. Mine got registered to .com in error. I changed it to .co.uk. I cant download .com kindle stuff now, and thats the way I believe it works in reverse.
I have a Address in Amazon.com set up to a McDonalds in Times Square on the .com site it is set up as my preferred address thus allowing purchasing from the better kindle book store. Just match the zip code right to the address and it will autofill the phone number as well
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

I find the 3G is useful for deliver of any newspaper subscriptions while you are away from wifi. Also should the urge take you to get a book again while you are away. Wouldn't use if to surf or mail though.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayak
Err Yes they are!

My Ipad is, My IPOD, My Books, Newspapers, Work documents, TV (BBC I-player etc), Radio, Maps, Photos and internet! All fits very nicely into a briefcase and less Ryanair harassment for the 10KG hand luggage limit!
Whereas the kindle fits easily into my wifes handback, and my complete computer is ghosted onto a portable hard drive that fits into my inside jacket pocket
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

This is the delivery page for Amazon.co.uk and to me it reads that electronics are restricted for delivery to Span.

Delivery Destinations

This page displays destinations where each item type can be sent to

Some items bought from Amazon.co.uk and from third-party sellers can only be delivered to certain countries. Click the links below to check the list of countries to which those items can be delivered.

Note: third-party sellers on Amazon.co.uk may specify their own delivery destinations. See International Delivery on Marketplace Orders for more information.

The restrictions below apply to Amazon.co.uk.

Baby, Beauty, Clothing, DIY & Tools, Electronics, Musical Instruments, Health (excluding medicine), Home & Garden, Pets, Jewellery, Kitchen, Office Products, Shoes, Sports and Watches items
Books, Music, DVD and Video items
Mobile phones and Magazine subscriptions
PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Software items
Delivery Restrictions for Items that Contain Substances Classified as Dangerous for Transportation
Other Delivery Restrictions
Fulfilled by Amazon
Grocery

Baby, Beauty, Clothing, DIY & Tools, Electronics, Musical Instruments, Health (excluding medicine), Home & Garden, Pets, Jewellery, Kitchen, Office Products, Shoes, Sports and Watches items

* United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

See other delivery restrictions and exclusions for these categories.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Well can only go from experience and say I've never had a problem in Portugal not sure if being in Spain makes a difference

That page is very confusing...the UK would also be restricted as it's in the same list if your reading it that way, I read it as the listed items can be sent to the countries in the list....

G
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
This is the delivery page for Amazon.co.uk and to me it reads that electronics are restricted for delivery to Span.

Delivery Destinations

This page displays destinations where each item type can be sent to

Some items bought from Amazon.co.uk and from third-party sellers can only be delivered to certain countries. Click the links below to check the list of countries to which those items can be delivered.

Note: third-party sellers on Amazon.co.uk may specify their own delivery destinations. See International Delivery on Marketplace Orders for more information.

The restrictions below apply to Amazon.co.uk.

Books, Music, DVD and Video items
Mobile phones and Magazine subscriptions
PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Software items
Delivery Restrictions for Items that Contain Substances Classified as Dangerous for Transportation
Other Delivery Restrictions
Fulfilled by Amazon
Grocery

* United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

See other delivery restrictions and exclusions for these categories.
Ive certainly had CD,s and books sent here to Spain, and I'm sure someone pointed me at a link on amazon showing that they now shipped electronics to Spain

Failing that though, just get it delivred to a UK address and sent on
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:40 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The list of countries shown is a list of countries where you CAN have Amazon goods delivered.

Almost all electronic items can be shipped. Even heavy equipment, such as lawnmowers and microwave ovens etc, can be shipped free of charge.

It is essential to make sure that the item is being shipped from Amazon and not from one of their alternative suppliers.

Also you must select Supersaver Delivery to get the free postage.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Well I took the bull by the horns and sent a question direct to Amazon.co.uk.
Here is the reply. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I understand that you wish to order a Kindle from Amazon.co.uk for delivery to your Spain address.

Unfortunately Kindle can only be dispatched to addresses in the UK from the Amazon.co.uk website. However, Kindle is available worldwide for over 100 countries from our partner site Amazon.com.

You can place an order for Kindle from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y7M

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y8Q

All international Kindle orders dispatch via Priority Courier so you can track your order.

Your international shipment is subject to VAT. This is the same VAT rate you pay when you buy products in your country. There are no customs duties or any other fees. We will show you the estimated VAT upon checkout.

For further information on using a Kindle in your specific country, check the “Live Outside the US” box on the Kindle detail pages’ on Amazon.com and select your country from the drop-down menu.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:38 pm
Senior Moment

Well I took the bull by the horns and sent a question direct to Amazon.co.uk.
Here is the reply. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I understand that you wish to order a Kindle from Amazon.co.uk for delivery to your Spain address.

Unfortunately Kindle can only be dispatched to addresses in the UK from the Amazon.co.uk website. However, Kindle is available worldwide for over 100 countries from our partner site Amazon.com.

You can place an order for Kindle from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y7M

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ1Y8Q

All international Kindle orders dispatch via Priority Courier so you can track your order.

Your international shipment is subject to VAT. This is the same VAT rate you pay when you buy products in your country. There are no customs duties or any other fees. We will show you the estimated VAT upon checkout.

For further information on using a Kindle in your specific country, check the “Live Outside the US” box on the Kindle detail pages’ on Amazon.com and select your country from the drop-down menu.
Which means you can only order from the dot com site.

As I keep saying, have it delivered to the UK using a relatives address, and then get it sent over to you. Job done :-)
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which means you can only order from the dot com site.

As I keep saying, have it delivered to the UK using a relatives address, and then get it sent over to you. Job done :-)
No, it´s not................I need to pay in euros on my Spanish bank account.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

For reasons best known to themselves, Amazon make it very difficult to order a Kindle for shipment outside the UK.

They do insist that you order from the US and that can prove more expensive.

I can't see any reason why you can't pay for it with a Spanish credit card - they certainly accept Sterling cards.

As Mitzy said, you could order it from the UK for delivery in the UK - have you tried to see if they will accept a Spanish credit card?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:28 pm
Senior Moment

Which is more or less what I did when I bought my wifes Kindle from Spain and had it delivered to my address in the UK

You dont have a credit card or paypal?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which is more or less what I did when I bought my wifes Kindle from Spain and had it delivered to my address in the UK

You dont have a credit card or paypal?
I do have both but again they are linked to my UK account. Will see if they will accept the Spanish account but I doubt it as it is linked to a Spanish address.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:44 pm
Senior Moment

I do have both but again they are linked to my UK account. Will see if they will accept the Spanish account but I doubt it as it is linked to a Spanish address.
CG, I have a UK Amazon account. I use mainly a UK card on it, and I have had goods delivered to the UK and Spain on it. It really shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

CG, I have a UK Amazon account. I use mainly a UK card on it, and I have had goods delivered to the UK and Spain on it. It really shouldn't be a problem.
So why do they say it´s not possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.