Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Kindle & Amazon.com

Kindle & Amazon.com

Old May 11th 2011, 11:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle & Amazon.com

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Thanks Mitzy. I have done that, it said "unknown" in the country bit so I put in the name and address of where it was send to in the UK so now it says UK instead of unknown. Do you know whether this now means that both Kindles will be registered under that one address?

Rosemary
Well it should be. Wait for a few hours, and if it still shows .com in the kindle management then just send them an email. Dont specifically say you live outside the UK, just say you dont understand why you are registered on .com when your kindle (s) is / are based in the UK

We have had no problems since changing ours by email
Old May 11th 2011, 11:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up to this. Graham has just looked into buying a book and it comes up with the details and price in UK but not in USA so I think that your method worked brilliantly, THANK YOU.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2011, 11:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up to this. Graham has just looked into buying a book and it comes up with the details and price in UK but not in USA so I think that your method worked brilliantly, THANK YOU.

Rosemary
Hurrrahhhhh .... I'll go back to my bathroom tiling now
Old May 11th 2011, 11:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hurrrahhhhh .... I'll go back to my bathroom tiling now
No, no, no, please, please pretty please just one more question. Where it said the name of the Kindles it still says .com, is this a problem, is this what I may need to e-mail them about?

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; May 11th 2011 at 12:23 pm.
Old May 11th 2011, 12:00 pm
Senior Moment

No, no, no, please, please pretty please just one more question. Where it sayd the name of the Kindles it still says .com, is this a problem, is this what I may need to e-mail them about?

Rosemary
I only remember that it didnt happen right away ... I had to wait for a few hours before it kicked in.

But yes, you want it registered to the .co.uk site, so if they dont do it then send that email
Old May 11th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

hi mitzyboy. i got o the manage your kindle page on co.uk and it says:

Your Kindle account is currently registered at Amazon.com. Go to the Manage Your Kindle page at Amazon.com.

I go to amazon.com page and it says:

Download or wirelessly transfer your Kindle content directly from this page. Learn more.

Your Account > Manage Your Kindle
Manage Your Kindle
This page outlines tools for Kindle owners to view and manage their Kindle content, personal settings and account information. Don't own a Kindle? Get your Kindle here
Your Kindle(s)
You do not have a Kindle registered to your Amazon.com account. Register a new Kindle below. If you previously owned a Kindle, you may still have subscriptions that you will need to cancel.
Register your Kindle to enable purchasing of Kindle books, newspapers, magazines and more using your personal Amazon.com account information. Once registered, you can make Kindle purchases wirelessly from your Kindle device or by shopping on Amazon.com. Your Kindle purchases will be auto-delivered wirelessly to your Kindle.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:10 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Palmera
hi mitzyboy. i got o the manage your kindle page on co.uk and it says:

Your Kindle account is currently registered at Amazon.com. Go to the Manage Your Kindle page at Amazon.com.

I go to amazon.com page and it says:

Download or wirelessly transfer your Kindle content directly from this page. Learn more.

Your Account > Manage Your Kindle
Manage Your Kindle
This page outlines tools for Kindle owners to view and manage their Kindle content, personal settings and account information. Don't own a Kindle? Get your Kindle here
Your Kindle(s)
You do not have a Kindle registered to your Amazon.com account. Register a new Kindle below. If you previously owned a Kindle, you may still have subscriptions that you will need to cancel.
Register your Kindle to enable purchasing of Kindle books, newspapers, magazines and more using your personal Amazon.com account information. Once registered, you can make Kindle purchases wirelessly from your Kindle device or by shopping on Amazon.com. Your Kindle purchases will be auto-delivered wirelessly to your Kindle.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Its difficult to make understand it all. In your manage your kindle section is your country set to UK?

The same as the oddities really, all you need to do is email amazon and tell them a mistake has been made and ask them to register it to .co.uk, on the basis that your kindle is based in the UK

It doesnt sound as if your kindle is registered at .com though, from the above. Have you actually registered it yourself?
Old May 11th 2011, 4:19 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scolly52
You should have no problems going this route, Amazon are spot on when delivering etc.

You might want to re-think the Kindle though, average screen failure rate is around 40%, although amazon will exchange with no quibbles, one of my customers is on her 4th exchange...
Wow! I've had mine for over a 1-1/2 years and have no probs despite taking it on all my travels camping. I really love it and would buy another one without hesitation.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

Its difficult to make understand it all. In your manage your kindle section is your country set to UK?

The same as the oddities really, all you need to do is email amazon and tell them a mistake has been made and ask them to register it to .co.uk, on the basis that your kindle is based in the UK

It doesnt sound as if your kindle is registered at .com though, from the above. Have you actually registered it yourself?
sorry Mitzyboy, i assumed you'd read my earlier posts. It was registered to .com so i de-registered it, rightly or wrongly! It says i can put in my 16 digit serial number to re-register it with them but obv i want it on .co.uk

I have emailed both .com and .uk with this question and neither are giving me a definitive answer. It is on its way to me from the UK so will be with me next week so maybe i can do something from the kindle itself.....?
Old May 11th 2011, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Mitzyboy, i assumed you'd read my earlier posts. It was registered to .com so i de-registered it, rightly or wrongly! It says i can put in my 16 digit serial number to re-register it with them but obv i want it on .co.uk

I have emailed both .com and .uk with this question and neither are giving me a definitive answer. It is on its way to me from the UK so will be with me next week so maybe i can do something from the kindle itself.....?
Phone them up. They were very helpful when I phoned about non delivery of a book.
Old May 11th 2011, 6:13 pm
Senior Moment

No, you register on your account on amazon when you have the serial number. To save me going back, if you have a kindle amazon.co.uk account, then you just register it on there. The easiest way to have done it would have been to ask amazon to transfer it from com to uk

We dont use them for books at all now
Old May 11th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

No, you register on your account on amazon when you have the serial number. To save me going back, if you have a kindle amazon.co.uk account, then you just register it on there. The easiest way to have done it would have been to ask amazon to transfer it from com to uk

So who do you use?
Old May 20th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

who do you use mitztyboy? Thanks.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:25 pm
Senior Moment

I'm not sure I should say, for fear of being berated

But suffice it to say that you wouldnt be able to use them because in effect it's a members only site of which I think only two people on here are members
Old May 20th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not sure I should say, for fear of being berated

But suffice it to say that you wouldnt be able to use them because in effect it's a members only site of which I think only two people on here are members

I won´t berate you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.