Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's cold outside.How are you coping?

It's cold outside.How are you coping?

Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's cold outside.How are you coping?

Its freezing.

We are doing all we can to keep warm-huge open fire,electric radiators,halogen heaters.

Anyone know something better to do

and

we are not sure of the electricity consumption on these things either but we have to have heat.

Iberdrola are gonna have a laugh on this this year i reckon.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:52 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's cold outside.How are you coping?

First winter here?

A woodburner is much more efficient than an open fire btw.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:58 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
First winter here?
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs8/i/200...y_sentrien.gif
How much do woodburners cost?? I've just bought a gas fire which I thought was the best value and gave out the most heat?

Jo xx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

First winter here?
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs8/i/200...y_sentrien.gif
Lived here in the wintertime before but that was in a flat.

We live in a house now and it is rented.

It has a large 3 bed upstairs with the equal below in the underbuild,which is not colder than upstairs.

The dream of central heating-ummmmm!!!!

This house will be great in the summer but having just moved in we need to deal with the heating which makes a massive difference cos we work from home.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:19 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
How much do woodburners cost??
Anything from a couple of hundred euro upwards. Generally, the more you pay the better quality they are and the more efficient they are. there are free-standing types, insert types...big ones, small ones...top loaders, front loaders...
Whether one is for you depends on how easily you can come by suitable firewood and whether you can physically easily put one in your property.
The main problem with gas fires is the water vapour they produce.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

below -3 up the mountains where i live. we have a huge old village house,terrific in summer,so cool,but winter, forget it. we have a huge open fireplace in the kitchen,but it only heats the kitchen!! as we live upstairs,i use a portable gas fire which throws out enough heat to keep us warmish...
funnily enough when we go walkies with the dog,it is normally warmer outside,this is the only house i have owned that you need to put extra clothes on when you enter it!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:28 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Anything from a couple of hundred euro upwards. Generally, the more you pay the better quality they are and the more efficient they are. there are free-standing types, insert types...big ones, small ones...top loaders, front loaders...
Whether one is for you depends on how easily you can come by suitable firewood and whether you can physically easily put one in your property.
The main problem with gas fires is the water vapour they produce.
hhhmmm, maybe if I was to buy a house. This gas fire is brilliant tho. it cost 99€, we've had it a month and its only now just run out of gas, so thats 11€ a month - no condensation, but then we have an open plan house and staircase, so that probably means the water vapour evaporates, however this thing heats all the way thru to the bedrooms, where he have halogen heaters which we put on just before bedtime!

I'm totally in love with my gas heater!!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

The kids came home today with a note from the school. All schools are closed in Galicia tomorrow because of the expected large fall of snow!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely here Been out shopping today, centrally heated shops got home, switched on the central heating, walking around on carpets and feeling cosy and warm. Going to have a nice hot bath in a short while and then settling down to watch tv .... in English (well American English but at least I can understand it ) Oh the joys of being home
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lionda
Lovely here Been out shopping today, centrally heated shops got home, switched on the central heating, walking around on carpets and feeling cosy and warm. Going to have a nice hot bath in a short while and then settling down to watch tv .... in English (well American English but at least I can understand it ) Oh the joys of being home
Hey I understand that lovely cosy feeling.

But were glad were not living it this year.

Its our new life and it really is great waking up to a new day with new things every day.

Its cold now but it wont be infinite,like the english weather.

Sorry that comment sounds awful-its not meant to be.

Spain/UK love - good and bad in both but I choose Spain
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:37 pm
Banned

I'm going back for christmas, so I'll get some of that. I still wouldnt want to actually move back there for good tho. A visit for a week will give me my central heating fix

Jo xxx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

I agree with you Lionda,lovely to be back home with central heating and carpets etc,also got a log fire burning away too........coz it is bloody freezing outside!But good Christmas feel out and about though.Anyway Happy Christmas to all of you,wherever u r.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:53 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We’ve lived here for many years and every winter have got by with two oil filled radiators for the downstairs part, which is all we use in the winter. This year, so far, has been the coldest yet and we’re going out tomorrow to buy a third radiator.

Gas is cheaper, but we had an accident with one of those and don’t use them any more.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by HimnHer
I agree with you Lionda,lovely to be back home with central heating and carpets etc,also got a log fire burning away too........coz it is bloody freezing outside!But good Christmas feel out and about though.Anyway Happy Christmas to all of you,wherever u r.
Haywards Heath??? Hhmm, I have a house in Worthing that I'm going to for christmas!!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Haywards Heath??? Hhmm, I have a house in Worthing that I'm going to for christmas!!

Jo xxx
Worthing eh,well how strange.not many miles away Jo.Well i hope you enjoy your stay back over here.........will u be tempted to come back i wonder?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.