Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I dont get upset much...

I dont get upset much...

Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:11 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont get upset much...

Hi Keri2323,Iv just been reading this thread, I wish you a safe and happy journey into your new life,Im sure there will be ups and downs along the way,this is life no matter where you choose to live,Im sure that you will be in close contact with your family,and before you know it you will get to see them again,just think of all the future hols you will share and the new and exciting experiences,and Im sure your family will be happy for you when they visit,you never know they may have the desire to make the move also.I hope everything goes to plan.

Best Wishes,The very best of Luck,take care.......
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Dude not read this entire thread yet, but i know exactly what you mean. As others may know im leaving shortloy after keri, though sadly fo ranother part of spain. Would love to meet up with you, there doesnt seem to be many young travellers like ourselves going out. Its always the old cronies retiring (no offence of course lol).

But yes im seeing my brothers for the last time on saturday and then im off to my mums on sunday, they took me out for dinner last week. Im already saying "all the best" to people at work who i wont see again. Seeing a couple of friends in the week for the last time.

But its not really for the last time, i know myself that if i get sorted down there ill be driving back up with a car to pick my stuff up and people will be flying over. Got a mate in glasgow wanting to fly down like as soon as i land practically. Amusingly its just as quick for him to fly down than drive down to where i live in the UK. And people are right you would be a cheap holiday and cheap flights off peak would see people coming out for a long weekend and stuff.

But lets not forget, the new people that we are about to meet. Theres people out there we have no idea about their existence, but in a few weeks time they're going to be daily names. Could meet the love of your life, could meet some really good friends, spanish people or other expats who knows?

I know exactly how youre feeling keri youre just a few days closer to the airport than I am. Do do do keep in touch when you go, would love to see how things are going for you.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Lovely post Crispy, best of luck to all moving soon. we have the house up for sale. I have a mom with agoraphobia, sons 19 and 23, daughter 25 and the sweetest grandaughter nearly 2. I feel really terrible that I'm going to leave them all but I'm 46 and don't want to be 70ish and wish I'd gone for it so I'm going for it now.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:39 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kaylee
Lovely post Crispy, best of luck to all moving soon. we have the house up for sale. I have a mom with agoraphobia, sons 19 and 23, daughter 25 and the sweetest grandaughter nearly 2. I feel really terrible that I'm going to leave them all but I'm 46 and don't want to be 70ish and wish I'd gone for it so I'm going for it now.
Hey Kaylee, I had agoraphobia for 11 years, from the age of 16 to 27, I finally kicked it's fat horrible bottom last year, and haven't had a panic attack for 2 years now. I don't mind what people think about it, that is a huge part of why Im leaving alone and being in wide open spaces like camping in fields, because now I can. Im finally free of it. Its a long journey, if your mum ever wants to talk and she's on the internet give her my email [email protected]

Problem with agoraphobia is there isn't much help out there, I always use to laugh about how many people would actually be able to turn up to an agoraphobics anonymous meeting Its hardly gonna be packed is it?

Laughter is sometimes your best friend.

Thanks for all the beautiful advice guys, I went out with my family last night and it was amazing. My dad (a classic non emotional) gave me a massive hug and said "If you ever need anything, you just call, I dont have much, but on the very same day I will put money in your bank so you never go hungry" which made me cry a lot. Then I walked home arm in arm with my two brothers and told them how talented they were and how much I love them, and they told me how much they appreciated me sticking around when my mum and dad got divorced. I cried then too. Then I stayed at my mums for the night and she cried too. I cried then too.

But you know what?

I know it's not forever but this whole process has been the most soul cleansing thing I have ever done. I'm at peace with my family, I'm at peace with myself and I have a whole new life to enjoy.

People on this forum, are truly the salt of the earth, and Britain will be missing you all. They say only the good..... leave England
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:53 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Keri2323

Thanks for all the beautiful advice guys, I went out with my family last night and it was amazing. My dad (a classic non emotional) gave me a massive hug and said "If you ever need anything, you just call, I dont have much, but on the very same day I will put money in your bank so you never go hungry" which made me cry a lot. Then I walked home arm in arm with my two brothers and told them how talented they were and how much I love them, and they told me how much they appreciated me sticking around when my mum and dad got divorced. I cried then too. Then I stayed at my mums for the night and she cried too. I cried then too.

But you know what?

I know it's not forever but this whole process has been the most soul cleansing thing I have ever done. I'm at peace with my family, I'm at peace with myself and I have a whole new life to enjoy.

People on this forum, are truly the salt of the earth, and Britain will be missing you all. They say only the good..... leave England

keri, I'm sobbing, tissues, tissues, you lovely boy.......if you have bad days just remember what you have just wrote here.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispygirl
keri, I'm sobbing, tissues, tissues, you lovely boy.......if you have bad days just remember what you have just wrote here.
Bless you Crispy! Here, you can have one of my tissues today.

And Keri - take care, lots of luck and keep us posted.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:09 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kaylee, I had agoraphobia for 11 years, from the age of 16 to 27, I finally kicked it's fat horrible bottom last year, and haven't had a panic attack for 2 years now. I don't mind what people think about it, that is a huge part of why Im leaving alone and being in wide open spaces like camping in fields, because now I can. Im finally free of it. Its a long journey, if your mum ever wants to talk and she's on the internet give her my email [email protected]

Problem with agoraphobia is there isn't much help out there, I always use to laugh about how many people would actually be able to turn up to an agoraphobics anonymous meeting Its hardly gonna be packed is it?

But you know what?

Hey Keri.....it's nice to be out of the closet, right?

I have suffered with agoraphobia most of my life too. Most people that know me wouldn't have a clue, but I fight it every single day of my life and hide it very well......and my trip to Greece on my own is scaring the sh*t out of me *lol*

The bestest of best luck to you....because you deserve it.

Martha
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:14 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Hey Keri.....it's nice to be out of the closet, right?

I have suffered with agoraphobia most of my life too. Most people that know me wouldn't have a clue, but I fight it every single day of my life and hide it very well......and my trip to Greece on my own is scaring the sh*t out of me *lol*

The bestest of best luck to you....because you deserve it.

Martha
You all rock Hey crispygirl, Kyla

Martha, I was like that too, nobody had a clue about it. Apart from close friends and family. It's a horrible, debilitating thing. But please trust me when I say you can beat it, it will never fully go away, but it's almost a background thing now, it comes up every now and then and says, hang on, remember me? I use to control all your thoughts and decisions? Not any more
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:18 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

You all rock Hey crispygirl, Kyla

Martha, I was like that too, nobody had a clue about it. Apart from close friends and family. It's a horrible, debilitating thing. But please trust me when I say you can beat it, it will never fully go away, but it's almost a background thing now, it comes up every now and then and says, hang on, remember me? I use to control all your thoughts and decisions? Not any more
Yes, I know...been there, been back and there again!

Only Michael (my husband) understands it and the control it has over me, fully.

But as I said I fight it every single day I walk out that door with the most self-assured "face" you have ever seen. Nobody would guess

Keep up the good work and don't let it get the best of you. Life is for living, not for being afraid!

Sending lots of positive energy your way!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:21 pm
I have a member

Originally Posted by MnM
Yes, I know...been there, been back and there again!

Only Michael (my husband) understands it and the control it has over me, fully.

But as I said I fight it every single day I walk out that door with the most self-assured "face" you have ever seen. Nobody would guess

Keep up the good work and don't let it get the best of you. Life is for living, not for being afraid!

Sending lots of positive energy your way!
And vice versa, sending you a load of Karma x Every time you walk out that door, you are one step closer to total freedom. xxx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:22 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

But you know what?

What a beautiful post, would send you Karma but it says I have to spread some more reputation before I can give you some more. Wishing you all the luck and happiness with your travels and please please let us know how you are getting on as soon as you can.

Sam
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:27 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and happiness Kerri and here's hoping life is so good to you that you never get upset again - and if you do they are only small upsets which you can deal with
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:33 pm
I have a member

Lionda and Sam Thank you very, very much.

Whoah can you feel the love in this thread. This is what life's all about in my opinion. Spread the love regardless of age, religion or the fact that I'm Welsh with a girls name
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:05 pm
MnM

And vice versa, sending you a load of Karma x Every time you walk out that door, you are one step closer to total freedom. xxx
Rock on....

here
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keri and Martha,

I think you are both incredibly brave and honest people to share your experiences of agrophobia.
It's not something I've ever had any personal knowledge of (other than its existence!) so the only way I can imagine its control over your lives, is to think about the teenagers I worked with who were suffering from anorexia.

Of course I understand that the two conditions are totally different in themselves, but the control issue sounds very similar
You've obviously both worked extremely hard to battle you way through the enormous constraints agrophobia had on you, and continue to have to stay in control of it. That must take a whole lot of guts and a very definite desire to be your own person - and what lovely people you both seem

Keri, I'm sure you've got a wonderful future ahead of you. You sound determined, self aware and compassionate - may this journey you're about to take bring you happiness, freedom and a host of brilliant new experiences.
You have a lovely voice too! (I can't sing for toffee, but I love to hear people who can really sing) Are you thinking of singing your way round Spain??
It sounds like your evening with your family was really precious, and will be something to hold really close to your heart if you're having a down day anytime.
Don't forget.......we're here too!
Wishing you a very safe journey tomorrow.
Hugs from Sam x

Martha, you sound like an incredibly strong person, surrounded by a lot of love.
It seems like you and Michael were destined for each other, and I have no doubt your lives will continue to be happy and fulfilled (and hopefully with a bit less work involved, eh!? )
I bet you're the kind of person who lights up a room - I think you do that on this forum too

Wishing Michael the very best of luck with his motorcycle test
I think you're fantastic to make the journey to Greece on your own. Just think what an achievement that will be for you - you'll be unstoppable once you've done that!
If you get a bit "wobbly" at any time, just think about your Mum and your son waiting for you at the other end.
On your way back again, you'll probably be so tired from all that talking, that you'll just fall asleep!

If all else fails, just think about my one and only brief trip to Athens a few years ago.......it was a holiday I'd organised to Cyprus in February, and we had to change flights in Athens.
That just happened to be the year when there was the first snow in Athens for millenia (!) and our flight was delayed for hours and hours.
The hotel was OK, the weather was dreadful, I injured my back.......and my O/H continues to take the proverbial out of me to this day for my wonderful holiday planning skills!!

A very safe journey to you, and can't wait to hear all about your travels.

Love and hugs,
from Sam xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.