Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I dont get upset much...

I dont get upset much...

Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:49 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Re: I dont get upset much...

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi Keri and Martha,

I think you are both incredibly brave and honest people to share your experiences of agrophobia.
It's not something I've ever had any personal knowledge of (other than its existence!) so the only way I can imagine its control over your lives, is to think about the teenagers I worked with who were suffering from anorexia.

Of course I understand that the two conditions are totally different in themselves, but the control issue sounds very similar
You've obviously both worked extremely hard to battle you way through the enormous constraints agrophobia had on you, and continue to have to stay in control of it. That must take a whole lot of guts and a very definite desire to be your own person - and what lovely people you both seem

Keri, I'm sure you've got a wonderful future ahead of you. You sound determined, self aware and compassionate - may this journey you're about to take bring you happiness, freedom and a host of brilliant new experiences.
You have a lovely voice too! (I can't sing for toffee, but I love to hear people who can really sing) Are you thinking of singing your way round Spain??
It sounds like your evening with your family was really precious, and will be something to hold really close to your heart if you're having a down day anytime.
Don't forget.......we're here too!
Wishing you a very safe journey tomorrow.
Hugs from Sam x

Martha, you sound like an incredibly strong person, surrounded by a lot of love.
It seems like you and Michael were destined for each other, and I have no doubt your lives will continue to be happy and fulfilled (and hopefully with a bit less work involved, eh!?
I bet you're the kind of person who lights up a room - I think you do that on this forum too

Wishing Michael the very best of luck with his motorcycle test
I think you're fantastic to make the journey to Greece on your own. Just think what an achievement that will be for you - you'll be unstoppable once you've done that!
If you get a bit "wobbly" at any time, just think about your Mum and your son waiting for you at the other end.
On your way back again, you'll probably be so tired from all that talking, that you'll just fall asleep!

If all else fails, just think about my one and only brief trip to Athens a few years ago.......it was a holiday I'd organised to Cyprus in February, and we had to change flights in Athens.
That just happened to be the year when there was the first snow in Athens for millenia (!) and our flight was delayed for hours and hours.
The hotel was OK, the weather was dreadful, I injured my back.......and my O/H continues to take the proverbial out of me to this day for my wonderful holiday planning skills!!

A very safe journey to you, and can't wait to hear all about your travels.

Love and hugs,
from Sam xx
Not sure how I coped before this forum Thanks, Brisca, a lot Sending you the same love back x