Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I dont get upset much...

I dont get upset much...

Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice
Default Re: I dont get upset much...

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi Keri

I'm a mum and when OH and I said our goodbyes to our 5 kids/partners and grandchildren I thought my stomach was being rip apart I can not explain the pain I experienced my heart was pumping and I really thought I can not do this. I sobbed and sobbed for days and when I said goodby to my youngest I thought I was going to die. We insisted that no one came to the airport with us and although my two sisters came out for a few days 2 weeks later we told the kids they could not visit us until the New Year because I would not be able to bare it.
After a few months and having much to do here I became used to not seeing them and got on with life. All the kids come out 3 or 4 times a year and the scene is always the same at the airport, when they arrive I am like a child being taking to the sweet shop. I am glued to the window until that aeroplane lands and then I am waving like mad as they walk to the terminal, jumping up and down trying to see them waiting for the luggage and then I don't know which one to hugs first when they come through the doors.

When we take them back to the airport I am quiet all the way there, stand in line with them trying to be brave for their sakes then the kisses and hugs goodbye and by the time I get to the last one we are all sniffing and the tissues are all little pieces of paper held tightly in our hands.

BUT I LOVE IT! I love the excitement of seeing them arrive, love having them here and I even love saying goodbye, I think the move for us has brought us together even more than we were. Say your goodbyes, have a cry (yes boys can cry too) be extra special loving to your mum because she is your mum then once that is all done get on the aeroplane and get ready to start that LIFE..........
You've set me off!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:53 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kyla
You've set me off!
I can only find a dirty squnched up tissue, but you can share it...
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

I can only find a dirty squnched up tissue, but you can share it...
Awwww, thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:07 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Keri

I'm a mum and when OH and I said our goodbyes to our 5 kids/partners and grandchildren I thought my stomach was being rip apart I can not explain the pain I experienced my heart was pumping and I really thought I can not do this. I sobbed and sobbed for days and when I said goodby to my youngest I thought I was going to die. We insisted that no one came to the airport with us and although my two sisters came out for a few days 2 weeks later we told the kids they could not visit us until the New Year because I would not be able to bare it.

After a few months and having much to do here I became used to not seeing them and got on with life. All the kids come out 3 or 4 times a year and the scene is always the same at the airport, when they arrive I am like a child being taking to the sweet shop. I am glued to the window until that aeroplane lands and then I am waving like mad as they walk to the terminal, jumping up and down trying to see them waiting for the luggage and then I don't know which one to hugs first when they come through the doors.

When we take them back to the airport I am quiet all the way there, stand in line with them trying to be brave for their sakes then the kisses and hugs goodbye and by the time I get to the last one we are all sniffing and the tissues are all little pieces of paper held tightly in our hands.

BUT I LOVE IT! I love the excitement of seeing them arrive, love having them here and I even love saying goodbye, I think the move for us has brought us together even more than we were. Say your goodbyes, have a cry (yes boys can cry too) be extra special loving to your mum because she is your mum then once that is all done get on the aeroplane and get ready to start that LIFE..........
Hey Crispygirl, thats one of the nicest posts I have read on this site. Now Ive replied Im off for the kleenex
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi Keri,
I know what you mean, I think. It's true, that Spain is not so far away, and that it is easier, and quicker to get there than some places in UK. I think that the strong emotions that are around at the idea of leaving, are almost more to do with the actual closure of the old life and everything in it, although in a physical and emotional sense you will not be far away from those you love. For weeks, as I've been going about my business, I have been aware of thinking, 'Well, I'll probably never cycle down that road again, I won't need to catch that bus into town anymore. When I leave my flat, I will never see that particular view again.In a few weeks, my neighbours and friends will still be passing the time of day with each other, but without me. My manager will be going to advertise for someone to fill my job. Everything that is presently familiar will change. There are many things to mourn for, that will become a thing of the past. It's no wonder it is such an emotional time for people. You know somehow that the space that's left will be filled with new and happy experiences, and of course your family will be a big part of that, but I think the space between what is, and what will be is very emotional and scary until the transition is made.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:15 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
Hi Keri,
I know what you mean, I think. It's true, that Spain is not so far away, and that it is easier, and quicker to get there than some places in UK. I think that the strong emotions that are around at the idea of leaving, are almost more to do with the actual closure of the old life and everything in it, although in a physical and emotional sense you will not be far away from those you love. For weeks, as I've been going about my business, I have been aware of thinking, 'Well, I'll probably never cycle down that road again, I won't need to catch that bus into town anymore. When I leave my flat, I will never see that particular view again.In a few weeks, my neighbours and friends will still be passing the time of day with each other, but without me. My manager will be going to advertise for someone to fill my job. Everything that is presently familiar will change. There are many things to mourn for, that will become a thing of the past. It's no wonder it is such an emotional time for people. You know somehow that the space that's left will be filled with new and happy experiences, and of course your family will be a big part of that, but I think the space between what is, and what will be is very emotional and scary until the transition is made.
And there it is. Exactly what I was trying to say. Many thanks and all my love x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hey Crispygirl, thats one of the nicest posts I have read on this site. Now Ive replied Im off for the kleenex

Sadly that's me, if nothing else I can be relied upon to be full of emotion KAC Drives everyone round the bend
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keri,
Wise words indeed Compost mentis...enjoy the transition..
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Keri,
Spot on. You summed it up perfectly.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Impish
I've not followed your move at all but look at it this way.
You are a 2 hour flight away in Spain.
You would be farther away if you moved to Blackpool.
Spain is not the other side of the world!
I totally agree, we lived 1 1/2 hours by road from wifes son and family, and now we are only 2 hours away by plane, so not much different, have already been back to Uk once this year, will be going in summer and they are out here this wednesday, now hear that both of her brothers want to come out later. We will probably see as much of them as we would have done in the UK.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I totally agree, we lived 1 1/2 hours by road from wifes son and family, and now we are only 2 hours away by plane, so not much different, have already been back to Uk once this year, will be going in summer and they are out here this wednesday, now hear that both of her brothers want to come out later. We will probably see as much of them as we would have done in the UK.

Have to agree I have seen more of my brother in the last two years than I did in the last ten back in Blighty. My eldest sister rings me at least once a month, never rang when in UK. Has made me realise just how much I them. Even OH's brother has been here and he e-mails, gosh we should have done this years ago.......
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keri

Oh Crispy, that's the 2nd time I've cried tonight reading posts on here!!

You really are a lovely person, and you have a knack of saying things in such a way that it makes everyone feel comfortable and safe again.
Your family must love you to bits, and be so proud of you.

Keri,
You're bound to feel emotional at the moment - you're taking a big step into the unknown, and you're doing it alone.
I can't really add many more words of wisdom to those which Aunty Crispy and Compost Mentis have put so eloquently; but try not to think too much about the "finality" of these family situations.
I personally couldn't have seen my Mum just before leaving, as we would've both been absolute wrecks and it would've made the departure unbearable.
As it was, we said our "see you laters" to everyone over a period of time - and then on "the day" we just set off unceremoniously at 5am one cold, wet February morning!

There are bound to be hugs and tears at this stage, but then you can pick yourself up and take a giant leap into your new future..........and enjoy it!
As many people have said, before you know it you'll have everyone coming over to visit

Many good wishes for your trip, and don't forget you're never alone because we're all here

Sam(antha!)
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keri,
Aah! That was so beautifully put
Karma to you.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:52 am

[QUOTE=brisca;4651087]Oh Crispy, that's the 2nd time I've cried tonight reading posts on here!!

You really are a lovely person, and you have a knack of saying things in such a way that it makes everyone feel comfortable and safe again.
Your family must love you to bits, and be so proud of you.

Don't be silly I'm there mum, when did kids ever listen to their mum

As it was, we said our "see you laters" to everyone over a period of time - and then on "the day" we just set off unceremoniously at 5am one cold, wet February morning!

Best thing, we did this as well over a two week period, left the kids to the last 3 days then stayed in a hotel over night and then made tracks on our own. After we drop the cat off at the cattery for his flight out.

Sam(antha!) That's my daughters name give it back

Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

[Sam(antha!) That's my daughters name give it back]

I only get called my full name when I'm in BIG trouble!!

It's just that sometimes it seems a good idea to be clear that I'm a "girlie" rather than a possible bloke!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.