Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House alarm costs?

House alarm costs?

Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:32 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House alarm costs?

Rotor
What you are saying is very different to our experience. But good luck with your views about owning a shotgun. Shooting someone in so called self defence is no answer.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Rotor
What you are saying is very different to our experience. But good luck with your views about owning a shotgun. Shooting someone in so called self defence is no answer.
I`m not suggesting you shoot anyone,but in a genuine self defense situation I would not hesitate, Just loosing off a shot out the window will deter all but the most deranged intruder!!plus word soon gets round that you have a firearm ,this of course lowers the odds on someone trying to rob you ,and to save you asking ,yes I have a license and passed the psychological tests required by the Guardia Civil

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:08 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Hi Fred

Do you know if this company operates in the campo. I am about 12kms from the nearest town, and even though I have thought about an alarm system, as no one lives near me no one would hear it go off so it would have to be monitored. Also having "monitored" fire detectors would make me feel alot safer. At the moment when we go away we have friends who come and baby sit the house.
All you can do is ask the company what coverage they can give. I doubt that, at 12km, you are going to get anything useful.

Back to the Rotweiller option! House sitters are the best bet if you are away for long periods.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 11:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Did I say insurance had insisted on an alarm? Does it really matter why I want an alarm? I thought this site was for help and advice from people who had experiences. I simply asked a rough idea as too cost - wish I hadn't bothered now!!
Linda, Alarms in Spain do a wireless system which is very reliable, for around €500 fitted
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Thank you Mitzy. You and Fred have answered what I was asking, it's just handy to have a rough idea of costs when there are so many things to think about
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Battlezone, the problem with alarms fitted to houses in the campo, like ours, is that if the line (either the electric or phone) gets hit by lighting the box blows up. This sort of damage is not covered by insurance, although ours insists we have one. So it is a big bill every time it is damaged.
Our advice is not to have one fitted unless you really need it.
To be honest if someone wants to enter your home, alarmed or not, they will find a way. It is the fire detector being monitored is my main interest. That is my biggest worry living inland. We have many fire extinguishers doted around house (OH brother owns a fire alarm company) and we take them back once a year to get them serviced. But when we are not here, which is normally in the summer when the kids are off school, that is when it is most dangerous concerning fire.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:42 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

So from your clarification that you just want a smoke alarm are you taking about those ones that are not connected to a control office? If so then maybe, given your concerns about wild fires then they will prove useless, as if you are not in the house you will not hear them and if you are in the house and there is a fire then you will know about it before the alarm sounds.
Taking back fire extinguishers to the U.K. makes no monitory sense. We are changed just 40 Euros to have ours checked/recharged per year. That is for 6.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
To be honest if someone wants to enter your home, alarmed or not, they will find a way.
Correct, but apart from the fire alarm my most important thing is to know if someone is trying to get into the house when I am asleep in bed!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

So from your clarification that you just want a smoke alarm are you taking about those ones that are not connected to a control office? If so then maybe, given your concerns about wild fires then they will prove useless, as if you are not in the house you will not hear them and if you are in the house and there is a fire then you will know about it before the alarm sounds.
Taking back fire extinguishers to the U.K. makes no monitory sense. We are changed just 40 Euros to have ours checked/recharged per year. That is for 6.

It does make monetary sense. I only take them back when I am going to the UK anyway and it does not cost me anything to have them checked/recharged. Brother owns a fire alarm company.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:33 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Try here they are a big company and I know people way out of town who use them and they will normally have a deal or discount on. You can only but try.
I would not recommend a brit fitted system. No need for further discussion in that regard. But this company has the latest wireless systems so you don't end up with wires and holes everywhere. Good luck. Some form of system is required here in Spain, Albeit the crime rate is lower, It buys peace of mind.

http://www.securitasdirect.es/

Cut and paste the web address into Google translate it will convert the page into English for you.Link below.

http://www.google.com/translate_t?langpair=en%7Ces

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jul 13th 2008 at 11:40 am.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:12 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

poshnbucks will there very good program on ukdrame to day , Tow the manor bron , just think off you manor
ja ja ja now alarm that place
jurdy
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:18 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Try here they are a big company and I know people way out of town who use them and they will normally have a deal or discount on. You can only but try.
I would not recommend a brit fitted system. No need for further discussion in that regard. But this company has the latest wireless systems so you don't end up with wires and holes everywhere. Good luck. Some form of system is required here in Spain, Albeit the crime rate is lower, It buys peace of mind.

http://www.securitasdirect.es/

Cut and paste the web address into Google translate it will convert the page into English for you.Link below.

http://www.google.com/translate_t?langpair=en%7Ces

Only thing with Securitas is the sign up for the alarm notification is about €25 a month. With the one I have, it notifies me and a few other recipients that the alarm is going off. Also, Securitas dont like fitting outside boxes which I particularly wanted
Old Jul 13th 2008, 2:15 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, outside boxes are very vulnerable. You drill the hole, you insert the nozzle of a can of builder's foam and squirt. 5 mins later, you can break in with impunity.

Outside boxes are a deterrent tho. When we had ours fitted, we had a fake one on the back of the house so as to alert intruders from the rear.

I will reiterate tho, I would need a damn pressing reason to get one, and I would move heaven and earth to avoid having to have one.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:19 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bil
Well, outside boxes are very vulnerable. You drill the hole, you insert the nozzle of a can of builder's foam and squirt. 5 mins later, you can break in with impunity.
Well that depends where you put them Bil. Ours is well out of reach of anyone, breaking in will still trigger internal alarms, and of course numerous people are immediately alerted. You can only do your best

Bil ... you might need a good reason to have one, but not having one only needs one time and theres no going back
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:23 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jurdyr
poshnbucks will there very good program on ukdrame to day , Tow the manor bron , just think off you manor
ja ja ja now alarm that place
jurdy

Jurdy You are a wag you make me die. I am sure you do the English/Spanish translation in Google. Still your English is better than my German.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.