Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House alarm costs?

House alarm costs?

Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default House alarm costs?

Can anyone tell me roughly what to expect for a house alarm? If it helps there is pre-install for the alarm, house all on one level, 3 bedroom/2 bathrooms. thanks in advance for any replies
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:10 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House alarm costs?

O god.

Just get a dog.

We had to have one fitted as a condition of insurance in the UK, and never have I regretted a purchase less. Complicated, needing service and checks all too often, and with a distressing habit of going off in the wee small hours for no good reason. All too often I was jerked awake after a couple of hours sleep and had to run and switch it off (such fun remembering the code and correct sequence in the middle of the night with my nervous system feeling that it had been stimulated by a cattle prod.

To this day the sound of an alarm going gets me in a cold sweat.

I can't remember the cost, but it was enough to make me wince.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Thanks Bil, don't know why you bothered to reply - I was asking for rough prices. I have an alarm in the uk - no problems - so obviously there was a fault with yours. Not much good having a dog in the house if it is lying empty for a few months!!!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

dog are dogs why it gose off in the middle off the night is the change off heat in the place as it cools down
wireless alrams becareful off the next door and wifi in you house aswell

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT

join loacl gun club ......! keeps all away even the mates !
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:17 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Thanks Bil, don't know why you bothered to reply - I was asking for rough prices. I have an alarm in the uk - no problems - so obviously there was a fault with yours. Not much good having a dog in the house if it is lying empty for a few months!!!
price start from 700 euros up in Alc area try get spanish guy to do it there cheaper and get Alarm Monitoring Service no good if keep going off and you next door are going mad ,,,,,
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was partly humerous, but trying to identify a real problem with any such system. I imagine a system that goes off for any reason with you in another country could cause you a deal of grief. Unless you can of course purchase the perfect system.

I'm curious as to why your insurance system insists on one? Again, I'm unimpressed with a lot of them. A squirt of builder's foam renders a lot of them useless anyway.

Do you actually want one or are there other insurance companies that don't insist on one?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
Well, it was partly humerous, but trying to identify a real problem with any such system. I imagine a system that goes off for any reason with you in another country could cause you a deal of grief. Unless you can of course purchase the perfect system.

I'm curious as to why your insurance system insists on one? Again, I'm unimpressed with a lot of them. A squirt of builder's foam renders a lot of them useless anyway.

Do you actually want one or are there other insurance companies that don't insist on one?
Did I say insurance had insisted on an alarm? Does it really matter why I want an alarm? I thought this site was for help and advice from people who had experiences. I simply asked a rough idea as too cost - wish I hadn't bothered now!!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:21 pm
bil
Banned

Did I say insurance had insisted on an alarm? Does it really matter why I want an alarm? I thought this site was for help and advice from people who had experiences. I simply asked a rough idea as too cost - wish I hadn't bothered now!!
Sounds good to me.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited by bil; Jul 10th 2008 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

shortcircuit is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynda

Is this to keep the elephants out? (Local joke that will baffell the XPs)

In Fife we charge about £300, however if you include the air fare, accomodation, etc, Im sure we could do it for about £50
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
Sounds good to me.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Try using the door yourself once in a while, in fact, better still, keep it shut
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:51 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me roughly what to expect for a house alarm? If it helps there is pre-install for the alarm, house all on one level, 3 bedroom/2 bathrooms. thanks in advance for any replies
Linda, it will depend on whether you want a proper monitored system or just a simple alarm.

Monitored systems are more expensive because you have to pay for the monitoring service but at least you know that someone will do something if the alarm goes off.

We have a system from Prosegur who are the largest security company in Spain. For 6 detectors we paid around €500 and the service costs €30/month.

Pre installation doesn't make a lot of difference to the cost as if they use wires they push them through the existing conduit system and hang the detectors on the junction box covers. If they can't do that they use wireless detectors.

Non monitored systems can cost whatever you want to pay - some people get DIY ones and do it themselves but, frankly, they are potentially a waste of time as it is probable that no one will take much notice - a large dog is more effective. The monitored systems also have fire detectors and panic/medical buttons to summon help in an emergency. They are serviced and tested once a year. You can also have a mobile phone connection built in so that if the phone line is cut they will still work.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
Linda, it will depend on whether you want a proper monitored system or just a simple alarm.

Monitored systems are more expensive because you have to pay for the monitoring service but at least you know that someone will do something if the alarm goes off.

We have a system from Prosegur who are the largest security company in Spain. For 6 detectors we paid around €500 and the service costs €30/month.

Pre installation doesn't make a lot of difference to the cost as if they use wires they push them through the existing conduit system and hang the detectors on the junction box covers. If they can't do that they use wireless detectors.

Non monitored systems can cost whatever you want to pay - some people get DIY ones and do it themselves but, frankly, they are potentially a waste of time as it is probable that no one will take much notice - a large dog is more effective. The monitored systems also have fire detectors and panic/medical buttons to summon help in an emergency. They are serviced and tested once a year. You can also have a mobile phone connection built in so that if the phone line is cut they will still work.

Hope that helps.
Thankyou Fred, a sensible answer at last, just what i was asking for
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

Hope that helps.
Hi Fred

Do you know if this company operates in the campo. I am about 12kms from the nearest town, and even though I have thought about an alarm system, as no one lives near me no one would hear it go off so it would have to be monitored. Also having "monitored" fire detectors would make me feel alot safer. At the moment when we go away we have friends who come and baby sit the house.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:53 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Battlezone, the problem with alarms fitted to houses in the campo, like ours, is that if the line (either the electric or phone) gets hit by lighting the box blows up. This sort of damage is not covered by insurance, although ours insists we have one. So it is a big bill every time it is damaged.
Our advice is not to have one fitted unless you really need it.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Battlezone, the problem with alarms fitted to houses in the campo, like ours, is that if the line (either the electric or phone) gets hit by lighting the box blows up. This sort of damage is not covered by insurance, although ours insists we have one. So it is a big bill every time it is damaged.
Our advice is not to have one fitted unless you really need it.
Yep,Alarms in the campo would be of little use in most situations, radio signals are unreliable as are land lines, if neighbors hear anything youd be lucky to get the police out in less than an hour, nasty dogs are an excellent deterrent but not for me, my trusty pump action deters any would be intruder while we are at home ,a decent safe makes it impossible to get at lesser valuables for your average thief,most banks offer a deposit box service for high value items.

Rgds

Rotor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.