Goodbye Sky TV

Old Feb 6th 2014, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by Dxf
Yes in theory we could get permission for a 5 metre dish
think Jodrell bank might not get passed the planners

Davexf
Empty the pool and hide the dish in there
Old Feb 6th 2014, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Yes in theory we could get permission for a 5 metre dish
think Jodrell bank might not get passed the planners

Davexf
Originally Posted by Domino
a recent ex-pat

just do what the Spanish do, put it up there and forget to tell the planners

but as a dish is a "temporary" structure planning wouldn't be needed

`
Definately temporary until the next gale
Old Feb 6th 2014, 1:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Easyjet and Ryan flights back to the UK went up by 50% today due to sudden and dramtic increase in demand for 1 way flights !!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 1:17 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klarika
Do you mean Smart TV or via VPN?
If you use Hola unblocker you can watch the BBC and ITV iplayers..or just watch Filmon.com for free UKTV.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EMR
Easyjet and Ryan flights back to the UK went up by 50% today due to sudden and dramtic increase in demand for 1 way flights !!
Old Feb 7th 2014, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

irismary is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing is to find out what size dish works now. Does anyone know?
The posts from the costas seem to say that the minimum size has gone up from about 1 metre to about 1.3m.
Here, where the signal seems to be weaker, a 1.3 m. was necessary before the changes. So we might be looking at the need for a 2 m. dish. That does not sound impossible.
I am told that in Cyprus they needed bigger ones than that.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by irismary
The first thing is to find out what size dish works now. Does anyone know?
The posts from the costas seem to say that the minimum size has gone up from about 1 metre to about 1.3m.
Here, where the signal seems to be weaker, a 1.3 m. was necessary before the changes. So we might be looking at the need for a 2 m. dish. That does not sound impossible.
I am told that in Cyprus they needed bigger ones than that.
It has been posted elsewhere that a 3m communal dish on the Algarve did not give any signal. I just wonder how well that was tuned and maintained since one of that size is working in Tenerife. Also all dishes are not of the same quality.

My guess would be something above 2.4m together with the finest LNB is what might work but that is a monster and might present structural problems in bad weather such as the recent gales which were described as a tornado on the 19/01. It might need to be ground mounted on solid concrete foundations so the first adopter is going to be very brave!
Old Feb 8th 2014, 6:30 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My current 1.3 metre dish is firmly attached to the plinth that surrounds my house. As it is situated on the back of the house facing East, I see no problem with the winds as it is "sheltered" from the full wind by virtue of the house which is a foot behind it.

Davexf
Old Feb 8th 2014, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi
My current 1.3 metre dish is firmly attached to the plinth that surrounds my house. As it is situated on the back of the house facing East, I see no problem with the winds as it is "sheltered" from the full wind by virtue of the house which is a foot behind it.

Davexf
BUT do have any channels left? AND with such a structurally sound attachment are you prepared to be the guinea pig to fit progressively larger dishes until we know what works down here in the deep SW?
Old Feb 8th 2014, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Only if you can get a decent internet speed and with movistar and living in the campo that is impossible!!!!!
What speed do you get with Movistar. We are on 7 now since we joined Movistar Fusion.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What speed do you get with Movistar. We are on 7 now since we joined Movistar Fusion.
That should be good enough for some IPTV solutions. A decent router would help also.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I have been on Movistar Fusion for the last year and it made no difference to the speed, when I speak to Telefonica they say I can only get 1 mb, normally if I am lucky I get 2.56. They have no intention of upgrading, it is very annoying when I pay the same price as everyone else but get such an inferior system. I am going to be looking at other options when my year is up at the end of April. Using Film on is very hit and miss with stop start going on it gets impossible.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Surely If you live in the Campo you can buy a bigger dish without the restrictions some urbs or community places have.
Would you still get anything with a bigger dish, who know? and with the strong levante it could be dangerous
Old Feb 8th 2014, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Would you still get anything with a bigger dish, who know? and with the strong levante it could be dangerous
We do not have the Levante in Ayamonte!
Old Feb 8th 2014, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We do not have the Levante in Ayamonte!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJQ18S6aag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.