Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:15 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

BAtm ytou clearly underestmate the knowldege and sophistication of the avregae holida maker these days.
Many are watching UK TV, BBC I player etc on a daily basis, they know all about VPN. We had a 12 year old staying with us watchng swedish TV on his tablet at christmas.
They will have no problems so long as a decent internet speed is available in their location.
Others have suggested the " slingbox solution ".
AS I have reported before , here in the Algarve and no doubt in those areas nearby areas of Spain no one is queueing up to take advantage of what you and others are selling.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:48 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

I get UKTV down the internet and its great.. you know we lost most of Sky programes last year..
Old Jan 11th 2014, 1:13 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
I get UKTV down the internet and its great.. you know we lost most of Sky programes last year..
Hi
But what internet speed do you get, what cost and what method of delivery? I read that the internet in your area had to be beefed up recently.

Davexf
Old Jan 11th 2014, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have now got Apple TV up and working and it is great.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:20 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleverdic
Apology accepted. he heh....

I've being going by an official statement from SES released in early December which said;

"As part of SES’ ongoing fleet renewal programme, we will be transferring all the UK Spot Beam transponders currently operating on ASTRA 1N across to ASTRA 2E. This move at the 28.2/28.5ºEast orbital location will take place over several weeks beginning early February 2014.

The transfer will have no adverse implications for viewers in the UK and Ireland as the affected channels will continue to operate on the same frequencies and will be broadcast at the same, or slightly improved power levels, across the UK and Ireland. TV viewers outside the UK and Ireland may see an impact and may not be able to receive channels from ASTRA 2E UK Spot Beam, which has a smaller footprint than ASTRA 1N.

The new footprint on SES’ replacement fleet has been designed to meet the requirements of UK and Irish broadcasters who target their channels for distribution in the UK and/or Ireland. UK and Irish broadcasters hold broadcasting rights only for the UK and/or Ireland but not for other countries."

Of course there is every chance that the Feb move is delayed. None of us outsiders actually know so yes you're right, it could slip even further.
nope its totally on schedule ,but will run over almost three weeks as they are reorganizing the transponders to a more logical and usage as they now have the capacity and can at last eliminate the organic growth .while your there you should add in the statement from the BBC

´´The overspill of the BBC’s services will be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them. I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.´´
Alix Pryde is Director, BBC Distribution
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
BAtm ytou clearly underestmate the knowldege and sophistication of the avregae holida maker these days.
Many are watching UK TV, BBC I player etc on a daily basis, they know all about VPN. We had a 12 year old staying with us watchng swedish TV on his tablet at christmas.
They will have no problems so long as a decent internet speed is available in their location.
Others have suggested the " slingbox solution ".
AS I have reported before , here in the Algarve and no doubt in those areas nearby areas of Spain no one is queueing up to take advantage of what you and others are selling.
mmmm i was thinking of those on holiday in the canaries who asked me where they could get a train to malaga,or the ones sitting on my local public transport bus ,telling the driver ´´HOTEL BLANCO MATE ´´....
im sure if the average British tourist was as educated as a 12 year old swede then i would agree with you ...
it has been mentioned to me by the moderator that i am upsetting some people and they have been complaining,so my new policy is not to point out the outdated and in a lot of cases a totally waste of their own money .i sure those wishing to use VPNs can do so even if we in the trade stopped using them some years ago ,or wish to use slingbox as we used to back in the 1990´s...and im sure you will do what within your ´´knowldege´´ (sorry could not resist that )
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
mmmm i was thinking of those on holiday in the canaries who asked me where they could get a train to malaga,or the ones sitting on my local public transport bus ,telling the driver ´´HOTEL BLANCO MATE ´´....
im sure if the average British tourist was as educated as a 12 year old swede then i would agree with you ...
it has been mentioned to me by the moderator that i am upsetting some people and they have been complaining,so my new policy is not to point out the outdated and in a lot of cases a totally waste of their own money .i sure those wishing to use VPNs can do so even if we in the trade stopped using them some years ago ,or wish to use slingbox as we used to back in the 1990´s...and im sure you will do what within your ´´knowldege´´ (sorry could not resist that )
Hello

I have not complained about you and I listen to both sides, I want sat for my TV end of, If I cant get it so be it and I will stick to the options available now or consider others.

People use VPN's for other things as well, national lottery, Betfair, Paypal, eBay and Online banking too just to name a few for example, not just for unblocking TV, Also my main point earlier which, has to be grasped, is that some people have the internet for just that, the internet.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:47 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Hello

I have not complained about you and I listen to both sides, I want sat for my TV end of, If I cant get it so be it and I will stick to the options available now or consider others.

People use VPN's for other things as well, national lottery, Betfair, Paypal, eBay and Online banking too just to name a few for example, not just for unblocking TV, Also my main point earlier which, has to be grasped, is that some people have the internet for just that, the internet.
Hi
I agree - it has got silly with no extra information being added. I would like the option of using whatever is available, but fear that I can not get a sufficiently good internet service where I live (out in the campo).

Davexf
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I know this is not exactly on topic, but it is relevant

Kogan launches 55-inch 4K TV for £540, could come to UK

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/k...V0pusmGoK6X.99
anyone serious about TV should wait till the 21.9 OLEDs come down in price
16.9 is a system of the past and when broadcasters start UHDTV it will be in 21.9...(and of course 4k)

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...1214076/review

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/ojZ96JA_qG0&autoplay=1

we tend to use only SHARP monitors and display screen here in CentralControl ..
http://aquos-world.com/4k/en/

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 11th 2014 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 6:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Hello

VPNs are OK for those
purposes, but bearing in mine its a criminal offence to claim a UK lottery price by using a VPN to buy the ticket - it is Fraud by false representation -any representation as to fact or law ... express or implied which they know to be untrue or misleading..and is also against the strict laws of spain to do so while on its soil...there is no limit on the amount of time they court ask for the money back .this also apples to using Betfair ...

´´Can I play from overseas?

No, to play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 11th 2014 at 6:10 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 6:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi
I agree - it has got silly with no extra information being added. I would like the option of using whatever is available, but fear that I can not get a sufficiently good internet service where I live (out in the campo).

Davexf
IPTV works without buffering from 0.7mb ,but with ´´tweeking´´ the input buffer 0.5mb - this is for LIVE TV and the CATCHUP would not work at this time on such a LD service
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:14 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
If. The Guy is right and in his area the dish size has gone down to 80cm there could be a good second hand trade to be had in recycling the bigger dishes for resale to further south. Perhaps The Guy could operate this as a sidlne!
John, no one who has a 1m or even a 1.4m (or larger) is going to trade down unless they want their bumps felt - or have been talking to the bloke advertising his business with every post....
So no second hand market, unless someone is trading up from 80cm to larger, but they would be a drag on the local market - where most installers operate, locally. So the price will drop like a stone.

remember, the larger the dish the more electrons will enter and be concentrated into the path of the lnb, so the incoming signal will be stronger. This is a good thing and may well take out the occasional pixelation that can sometimes occur due to atmospheric and weather quirks
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:19 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

VPNs are OK for those
purposes, but bearing in mine its a criminal offence to claim a UK lottery price by using a VPN to buy the ticket - it is Fraud by false representation -any representation as to fact or law ... express or implied which they know to be untrue or misleading..and is also against the strict laws of spain to do so while on its soil...there is no limit on the amount of time they court ask for the money back .this also apples to using Betfair ...

´´Can I play from overseas?

No, to play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.
which confirms what I have been saying to you and others for several months. When entering into a Sky contract you agree to the conditions of sale, which are for UK users only. (unless using sky.it which has different rules).
And yet you keep plugging the same old thing, still advertise on your website that you offer sky and also advertise that because of the unique location of the Canaries offer people copyrighted IP intended for the North Africa/Middle East market they are not entitled to. But because of an anomoly of the broadcasting can be picked up outside the region.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 7:43 pm

yes i will stop posting on here .... i sure people dont wish to have free information and from the posts that are on here you are doing a good job of not attracting anyone who know much about the subject

PLEASE REMOVE MY PROFILE ....
what happened ???
thought you were gone gone gone but you just can't miss the chance of making advertising posts for free whilst stirring up things by being upsetting people - again

You also said on 1st Jun 13 (in a now closed thread)
because in august thousands of people in spain will lose BRITISH TV via satellite dishs...they will be looking for a internet solution and this company is the one that 90 percent now use to watch BBC/ITV .but i will bow to your control,and not publish anymore information here .
but oh so many people who have been gulled by such a statement
Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
what happened ???
thought you were gone gone gone but you just can't miss the chance of making advertising posts for free whilst stirring up things by being upsetting people - again

You also said on 1st Jun 13 (in a now closed thread)

but oh so many people who have been gulled by such a statement

sorry are you saying it was my fault that the rocket exploded in russia ???
and the satellites launch was delayed ....

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/Y7FMs2nQGtM&autoplay=1

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 11th 2014 at 9:02 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.