Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 11th 2014, 8:27 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by Domino
which confirms what I have been saying to you and others for several months. When entering into a Sky contract you agree to the conditions of sale, which are for UK users only. (unless using sky.it which has different rules).
And yet you keep plugging the same old thing, still advertise on your website that you offer sky and also advertise that because of the unique location of the Canaries offer people copyrighted IP intended for the North Africa/Middle East market they are not entitled to. But because of an anomoly of the broadcasting can be picked up outside the region.
blimy ... lets break this down
1. criminal is criminal you get arrested and put in prison i am 100% against all criminal acts and i am happy to report to the police any such action ...
2. going on what you say (and i totally disagree) a sky contract is just a civil contract between two parties . no one of the 20,000,000 people who have had one has ever been arrested or put in prison,well certainly not during my five years working at BSKYB head office ...
3.SKY GO is sold under ECJ C-403/08 and C-429/08
4.al-jaz football is sold by their agents in the magreb to anyone with a maroc telecom SIM card - its their rules not mine ..

i think you are getting 3 and 4 confused as you cant buy SKY in Casablanca
they speak French

SKY in the UK is owned by BSKYB
SKY ITALIA is owned by 21st century fox..their contact states that it is to be used at the address on the contract (and as it conforms to ECJ rulings has no mention of geographical location )

this idea of cant watch past dover is so old now ... just look at what the real world is doing ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Euroregions

i hope i am being less ´´aggressive´´ in my posts and will purchase some hush puppies for here in CC instead of my standard jackboots

Last edited by BAT7311; Jan 11th 2014 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
sorry are you saying it was my fault that the rocket exploded in russia ???
and the satellites launch was delayed ....

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/Y7FMs2nQGtM&autoplay=1
I have to admit that I admire your sales technique. Presumably you are hoping to sell something to the British Expats? I would never have thought that slagging off Britain and the Brits, calling them ignorant, ill informed, stupid, insular, bad Europeans and worse would improve sales to the British Expats community!

I probably speak for quite a few when I say GET LOST!
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

VPNs are OK for those
purposes, but bearing in mine its a criminal offence to claim a UK lottery price by using a VPN to buy the ticket - it is Fraud by false representation -any representation as to fact or law ... express or implied which they know to be untrue or misleading..and is also against the strict laws of spain to do so while on its soil...there is no limit on the amount of time they court ask for the money back .this also apples to using Betfair ...

´´Can I play from overseas?

No, to play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.
Shows the VPN is our friend, You slag it off as in your earlier post, but you know 100% it damn well it works as it should.

Anyway who said any one was playing they might just want to check the balance on there account, I take it also you never stayed in a Hotel or B&B in UK where you have no internet, so you might take the opportunity to phone a friend.

Once you left the UK not many people care about the wrongs and rights of buying a lottery ticket, we know the consequences, it tells us before we switch the VPN on, its our problem not yours, and its down to said company to make it a issue.

Lets look at it - I put 2.5k on At.Mad to win tonight, then tomo I call betfair and say refund my bet cos its fraudulent, as I was using a VPN from Spain, Like they are going to do that, get real !
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I have to admit that I admire your sales technique. Presumably you are hoping to sell something to the British Expats? I would never have thought that slagging off Britain and the Brits, calling them ignorant, ill informed, stupid, insular, bad Europeans and worse would improve sales to the British Expats community!

I probably speak for quite a few when I say GET LOST!
i would think that only 5% of our customers own a computer or a mobile phone that makes more then calls on it ..... i dont expect to sell to anyone on here
i mostly post on here while im at work,and we have a rule no radio/or TV watching in CentralControl so i get bored staring at the MAC portal ..
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Shows the VPN is our friend, You slag it off as in your earlier post, but you know 100% it damn well it works as it should.

Anyway who said any one was playing they might just want to check the balance on there account, I take it also you never stayed in a Hotel or B&B in UK where you have no internet, so you might take the opportunity to phone a friend.

Once you left the UK not many people care about the wrongs and rights of buying a lottery ticket, we know the consequences, it tells us before we switch the VPN on, its our problem not yours, and its down to said company to make it a issue.

Lets look at it - I put 2.5k on At.Mad to win tonight, then tomo I call betfair and say refund my bet cos its fraudulent, as I was using a VPN from Spain, Like they are going to do that, get real !
im not here to look after your morals ... i was only pointing out the law and the fact i believe criminals should be taken to court ..

VPN were originally designed for a remote member of staff ie a salesman to content into his home office computer via a TUNNEL direct to them ...this is way before laptops ...this is fine when 5 people connect up ...the way i explain it to people is this ....

your driving down a three lane spanish motorway,and its very very buzy because everyone on it is in a british car,wanting to go to ´´BBCland´´ but ahead is a big sign saying ´´´NO ENTRY ´´´,but someone sees that running along site this motorway is a very small country lane ...so ALL THE BRITISH CARS start going down this lane,and the traffic gets slower and slower because it has to much traffic on it ,and slower and slower ....

it matters not how fast your internet is the VPN shrinks it down to the speed that the server you are DIRECTLY hooked up to is running to
EX PAT SHIELD runs 0.1mb on a bad day ..
and if another 30,000 people come on line using your VPN because they have lost there satellite coverage ,how do you think it will do then ..

I looked it up and we stopped using VPNs on our browser 3 years ago ..
Old Jan 11th 2014, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

For gods sake man give it a rest.

You sound like the type of salesman that has me heading for the exit within 5 mins of entering the store.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 11:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

i hope i am being less ´´aggressive´´ in my posts and will purchase some hush puppies for here in CC instead of my standard jackboots
Maybe so, but you just advertised blatently again in a (now) deleted post expressly against my previous requests not to
Old Jan 12th 2014, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Should'nt this thread be transferred to Plaza de Toros,on account of all the bulls... being thrown around?
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

im not here to look after your morals ... i was only pointing out the law and the fact i believe criminals should be taken to court ..

VPN were originally designed for a remote member of staff ie a salesman to content into his home office computer via a TUNNEL direct to them ...this is way before laptops ...this is fine when 5 people connect up ...the way i explain it to people is this ....

your driving down a three lane spanish motorway,and its very very buzy because everyone on it is in a british car,wanting to go to ´´BBCland´´ but ahead is a big sign saying ´´´NO ENTRY ´´´,but someone sees that running along site this motorway is a very small country lane ...so ALL THE BRITISH CARS start going down this lane,and the traffic gets slower and slower because it has to much traffic on it ,and slower and slower ....

it matters not how fast your internet is the VPN shrinks it down to the speed that the server you are DIRECTLY hooked up to is running to
EX PAT SHIELD runs 0.1mb on a bad day ..
and if another 30,000 people come on line using your VPN because they have lost there satellite coverage ,how do you think it will do then ..

I looked it up and we stopped using VPNs on our browser 3 years ago ..
I don't have a VPN on 100% of the time, only when and if I need it so there is no real effect for me on my service.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Should'nt this thread be transferred to Plaza de Toros,on account of all the bulls... being thrown around?
It doesnt matter any more, as it won't be happening again
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It doesnt matter any more, as it won't be happening again
Has the BAT been bowled out ???
Old Jan 12th 2014, 7:15 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

blimy ... lets break this down
1. criminal is criminal you get arrested and put in prison i am 100% against all criminal acts and i am happy to report to the police any such action ...
2. going on what you say (and i totally disagree) a sky contract is just a civil contract between two parties . no one of the 20,000,000 people who have had one has ever been arrested or put in prison,well certainly not during my five years working at BSKYB head office ...
3.SKY GO is sold under ECJ C-403/08 and C-429/08
4.al-jaz football is sold by their agents in the magreb to anyone with a maroc telecom SIM card - its their rules not mine ..

i think you are getting 3 and 4 confused as you cant buy SKY in Casablanca
they speak French

SKY in the UK is owned by BSKYB
SKY ITALIA is owned by 21st century fox..their contact states that it is to be used at the address on the contract (and as it conforms to ECJ rulings has no mention of geographical location )

this idea of cant watch past dover is so old now ... just look at what the real world is doing ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Euroregions

well, it doesn't matter so far as many people are concerned - they would be absolutely horrified to find they have been sold a contract that is actually illegal.
they think they are getting full and unhindered access to something that has been sold to them and they have accepted.
why do you think so many pick up the phone and call Sky when they have a problem? They think they have a legal and binding contract with the company and are horrified to find out that they have been paying out good money to a third party for something that isn't "kosher"
most people are by nature honest - and they trust people who make what appears to be an offer that meets all their needs. That those not making the offer are telling the truth is way over the heads of the majority of customers. They have their own worlds, their own lives, and just want to watch the latest from the UK as they did back in Scunthorpe, Runcorn, or wherever, with a name they know and have perhaps used for years with no problems.

So you shouting about ECJ doesn't actually fill anyone with confidence, especially when you are flogging Moroccan sim cards to allow people to circumvent "restrictions" on IP - such as being able to watch English League football that has been sold as a package in various slices around the world.
And why someone in Hong Kong (your previous statement) should want to use your services rather than more official ones readily available leads me to believe that that contract is also "dodgy".

Oh, and in case you have forgotten, I know lots about broadcasting to specific areas, about propagation of RF (even at the high freqs used by satellites) and what constitutes a contravention of an agreement - including torts.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 8:44 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Has the BAT been bowled out ???
Yes.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

cleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant future

Warning for folk in the Ayamonte area and beyond.

It looks likely that BBC channels will move to the new Satellite Astra 2E and the new spot beam tomorrow.

The move ".... will take place in the early hours of Thursday 6th February 2014. Care has been taken to ensure the minimum of impact to UK viewers both during and after the change, such that no viewer actions should be required."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/news_item25.html

Be prepared for some significant changes !!
Old Feb 5th 2014, 9:00 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

We got Sky News and Pick tv back today in the Canarie Isles on a small dish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.