British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Goodbye Sky TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/goodbye-sky-tv-779691/)

EMR Jan 9th 2014 2:26 am

Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Sorry BAT your vested interest in selling IPTV is getting too much to take.
It is total B******ks to suggest you need a 2.4m dish in PT.
Above a line from Lisbon northwards there has been no change to UK TV reception with astra 2f and none expected with 2e.
Below that is still unknown but dishes of 2.5 have been installed and again are receiving astra 2f.
On the Algarve coast we still do not know but a Sat based solution is still the preferred option due to the poor internet coverage.
To date among those we know or have heard from IPTV take up is minimal.
One reason like you those selling IPTV are being far from truthfull with their predictions.

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 2:27 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11070737)
Funny you should mentioned it, I have all that too. But I dont pay one cent for it, and I'm not stealing it either nor defrauding anyone to get it. All perfectly legal. Both on sat and internet.

But yes, in those areas where sufficient satellite kit is cost prohibitive, you can only hope you can get supercharged internet that works all the time, and have the patience and skillset to successfully set up a workable iptv system.

Edit: I had Telefonica TV once. Never worked for more than a few hours.

well 2,500,000 people do have it working in spain..
are you going to tell us what legal system you have with catchup on satellite and internet ??
i dont understand why people think its hard to get IPTV
it works on 0.7MB and you unpack box , plug into eithernet cable ,plug in dc adapter,plug in HDMI or AV cable ,put batteries in remote ,press 1 for bbc1,2 for bbc 2 etc ?????? whats hard ????

and it is legal under ECJ ruling C-607/11 or C-403/08 and C-429/08 to watch any EU service anywhere in the EU .

however companies like FILMON are illegal as they front load adverts ...

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 2:41 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11070765)
It is total B******ks to suggest you need a 5m dish in PT.
Above a lne from Lisbon northwards there has been no change to UK TV reception with astra 2f and none expected with 2e.
Below that is still unknown but dishes of 2.5 have been installed and again are receiving astra 2f.
On the Algarve coast we still do not know but a Sat based solution is still the preferred option due to the poor internet coverage.
One reason like you those selling IPTV are being far from truthfull with their predictions.

mmmm maybe you read it again 5m dish in TENERIFE ...we need 2.4m dish now for ASTRA1N...which you will need in Portugal next month - and as i say again and again you only need 0.7mb for IPTV ....we sell these day in day out as far as poland ... and why do you say poor internet coverage , if they have not fixed ADSL they normally can have WiMAX https://www.iberbanda.es/
the thing about IPTV is it works ANYWHERE . i have brits in the sahara desert watching eastenders ...has nothing to do with you location or if you want a massive dish instead of a garden ...
its a long time since i visited but are not most of the brits way south of lisbon ??? im only reading reports from

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...9153,39.506836

and ASTRA2E UK spot beam aint ASTRA2F ....happy to wait and see ....

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 2:47 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11070765)
It is total B******ks to suggest you need a 2.4m dish in PT.
Above a line from Lisbon northwards there has been no change to UK TV reception with astra 2f and none expected with 2e.

Not just predictions but misleading people of the costs too

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:00 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11070809)
Not just predictions but misleading people of the costs too

what costs are you talking about...??
here are Telefonicas - not mine ...

INTERNET
Wi-fi router €0
ADSL up to 10mb
setup fee €0
HOME PHONE
FREE 1000 mins local national calls per month
MOBILE PHONE
FREE 3g/4g CONTRACT RENTAL
FREE 100 min calls
FREE 100mb INTERNET

COST €34 PLUS IVA

FUSION MINI

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...FfHItAod61kABQ

if you lived in the UK you would pay 146 for a tv licence ..

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 3:02 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070825)
what costs are you talking about...??
here are Telefonicas - not mine ...

INTERNET
Wi-fi router €0
ADSL up to 10mb
setup fee €0
HOME PHONE
FREE 1000 mins local national calls per month
MOBILE PHONE
FREE 3g/4g CONTRACT RENTAL
FREE 100 min calls
FREE 100mb INTERNET

COST €34 PLUS IVA

FUSION MINI

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...FfHItAod61kABQ

What are you comparing though ?

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:07 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11070827)
What are you comparing though ?

you were talking about prices ??? we use only TELEFONICA ... we dont make anything from sorting out peoples telephones - the object is to reduce peoples cost so adding IPTV with an updated telecoms plan normally means they pay LESS per month then before ...

if you want 10mb ADSL on its own they charge €17.62 now

http://www.promocionmovistar.es/sem/...m=sem-t2o-adsl

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 3:10 am

You said earlier it was £4 a week all in ?

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 3:20 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070833)
if you want 10mb ADSL on its own they charge €17.62 now

http://www.promocionmovistar.es/sem/...m=sem-t2o-adsl

GGRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EMR Jan 9th 2014 3:20 am

In Portugal a certain company using the union flag as its logo is advertising from E5/month.
No mention for those who do not have it that an internet provider , be it PT or its subsidiaries or a cable company is also required.
Another reason established suppliers are saying " do nothing yet ".
You may live in an area which will be unaffected so why involve yourself in even more cost.

amideislas Jan 9th 2014 3:28 am

Bat is obviously either amongst the lucky ones who can actually get reliable high speed internet in Spain, or is amongst those who don't mind the lower quality and other complications / problems with UK TV over internet. Movies are a different animal, as they can be downloaded from many sources at reasonable quality.

But as others point out, if you can't afford sufficient satellite kit, it's your only choice. Hopefully your internet can sustain it without glitches, which would be rather lucky in many places in Spain, especially with a telefonica line.

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:35 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11070854)
GGRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

what wrong ??? its the spanish national telecoms company ????

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:41 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11070867)
Bat is obviously either amongst the lucky ones who can actually get reliable high speed internet in Spain, or is amongst those who don't mind the lower quality and other complications / problems with UK TV over internet. Movies are a different animal, as they can be downloaded from many sources at reasonable quality.

But as others point out, if you can't afford sufficient satellite kit, it's your only choice. Hopefully your internet can sustain it without glitches, which would be rather lucky in many places in Spain, especially with a telefonica line.

i am sorry but 99% of people in spain who have asked us for IPTV have it ???
and as for the quality .those with 1.2mb get HD upscaling on their picture .
where is the need for ´´high speed internet ´´ ... i can watch BBC HD CHANNELS on a 3MB line direct from the BBC .... i have no idea why you all have such bad internet ???? its quite amazing :ohmy:

Mitzyboy Jan 9th 2014 3:47 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070898)
and as for the quality .those with 1.2mb get HD upscaling on their picture .
where is the need for ´´high speed internet ´´ ... i can watch BBC HD CHANNELS on a 3MB line direct from the BBC .... i have no idea why you all have such bad internet ???? its quite amazing :ohmy:

No not at all. Those in many rural areas dont. I was 6 kms from the Coast in CB North and all I could get with TF was 0.5Mb, which was sometimes 0.75Mb. Not enough for anything. Its a common thing in rural areas, because the TF exchange isnt good enough to put it out there (that was TF that told me that)

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:49 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11070855)
In Portugal a certain company using the union flag as its logo is advertising from E5/month.
No mention for those who do not have it that an internet provider , be it PT or its subsidiaries or a cable company is also required.
Another reason established suppliers are saying " do nothing yet ".
You may live in an area which will be unaffected so why involve yourself in even more cost.

true but when i brought a washing machine they didnt tell me i needed a water supply,and when i brought a car the con men never said anything about putting petrol in it ...:lol:
established suppliers are indeed taking the ´´dont panic - don nothing route´´ and most have made no steps to change ...
brings to mind the dinosaurs ignoring the busy little mammals at their feet ...dont forget if say 10,000 people lose their TV how long will they wait for their old supplier to move into the next century ... remember the hardware shops in every town?? ...

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 11070910)
No not at all. Those in many rural areas dont. I was 6 kms from the Coast in CB North and all I could get with TF was 0.5Mb, which was sometimes 0.75Mb. Not enough for anything. Its a common thing in rural areas, because the TF exchange isnt good enough to put it out there (that was TF that told me that)

well if we increased the buffer to 5 seconds it can work on 0.5mb ,and with 0.7mb there should be no problem ,but the 14 day catch up will not work that low ....

amideislas Jan 9th 2014 3:54 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070898)
and as flr the quality .those with 1.2mb get HD upscaling on their picture .
where is the need for ´´high speed internet ´´ ... i can watch BBC HD CHANNELS on a 3MB line direct from the BBC .... i have no idea why you all have cleternet ???? its quite amazing :ohmy:

Yes, we can get all of that too. But satellite is just far simpler, far fewer glitches or freeze-ups, far better quality, and doesn't slow my internet to a crawl. So naturally, we watch TV on satellite. We use internet tv mainly for movies and Skype.

By the way, here, you can't even subscribe to less than 6Mb internet from Telefonica, but many people are lucky to get sustained 1Mb. I reckon that's not all that uncommon in many areas of Spain. I have 3Mb wimax which consistently delivers at least 4Mb.. Sometimes as high as 8! (As speed tests show). Yet satellite TV is still clearly superior.

Saxy Jan 9th 2014 4:05 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11070737)
Funny you should mentioned it, I have all that too. But I dont pay one cent for it, and I'm not stealing it either nor defrauding anyone to get it. All perfectly legal. Both on sat and internet.

But yes, in those areas where sufficient satellite kit is cost prohibitive, you can only hope you can get supercharged internet that works all the time, and have the patience and skillset to successfully set up a workable iptv system.

Edit: I had Telefonica TV once. Never worked for more than a few hours.

I hardly think that you can call the following Supercharged do you. These speeds are readily available in many areas of Spain.
5Mb for Netflx HD
7Mb for Netflix SuperHD
12Mb for 3D quality

There is no special knowledge required, you only need one of the speeds (as bove) a suitable computer, a router connected to that computer and an HDMI cable to the TV.
Then it is simply a matter of downloading a program like "Astrill VPN" (to give you a UK IP, at about 3 euros a month), downloading, bookmarking and registering the channels you want to recieve, and "Bobs your Uncle", Internet HD TV :thumbsup:
It's only those who don't have good equipment, and poor speed that complain about it. Most of them have never even seen it, but take great delight in rubbishing it. - It is the future! No more cluttering up space with costly defunct satellites !!!!!

Saxy Jan 9th 2014 4:11 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11070929)
Yes, we can get all of that too. But satellite is just far simpler, far fewer glitches or freeze-ups, far better quality, and doesn't slow my internet to a crawl. So naturally, we watch TV on satellite. We use internet tv mainly for movies and Skype.

Glitches and freeze-ups are because you don't have the speed or the correct equipment. The problem is at your end, not with the technology!

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:16 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11070929)

By the way, here, you can't even subscribe to less than 6Mb internet from Telefonica, but many people are lucky to get sustained 1Mb. I reckon that's not all that uncommon in many areas of Spain. I have 3Mb wimax which consistently delivers at least 4Mb.. Sometimes as high as 8! (As speed tests show). Yet satellite TV is still clearly superior.

i think you are missing the point - people wont want to go from a 1m dish to a €1000 2m one ....they are being FORCED to change due to British isolationist policy ... germans all now regardless of where they live now all pay €215 for a TV licence,its taken from their state pension (except those on min wage or no job who dont have to pay) americans simply have to enter their passport number to watch all US national channels anywhere in the world - FREE)
Telefonica now only have the following offers ADSL upto 10mb (which is being phased out) VDSL upto 30mb and FIBRA OPTICA 100mb ...they are moving over to VDSL via FFTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTTC

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 4:16 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070881)
what wrong ??? its the spanish national telecoms company ????

Nothing against you, not long took out a contract out with them at the full price !!

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Saxy (Post 11070958)
Glitches and freeze-ups are because you don't have the speed or the correct equipment. The problem is at you end, not with the technology!

the truth that dare not speak its name :D

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Saxy (Post 11070943)
It's only those who don't have good equipment, and poor speed that complain about it. Most of them have never even seen it, but take great delight in rubbishing it. - It is the future! No more cluttering up space with costly defunct satellites !!!!!

Which is most people and why it makes sense not to have it as it is a more costly option.

How is Satelitte costly and defunct ?

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:21 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11070968)
Nothing against you, not long took out a contract out with them at the full price !!

you can change it over to FUSION MINI at any time ... you have to have your mobile with them on a FIXED contract ..bit of a pain as you have go to a shop change it to FUSION MINI (if you have your mobile with them already on fixed contact it can all be done on the phone ... )
they want to tie people up with mobiles to landline and internet ...

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:29 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11070975)
Which is most people and why it makes sense not to have it as it is a more costly option.

How is Satelitte costly and defunct ?

because people are going from a 1m dish to a ´´guy ´´ price €1500 dish in south portugal ??? and its MASSIVE ...and to be honest i think that SES have a nasty surprise up their backs .the reflector for UK spot beam is ´´special 3m one and i think it will be VERY VERY tight ....someone went round stevenage and they said reflector was very big ... and why was 2F put up before 2E ??? why have they waited so long to start new UK service ???

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:32 am

I hardly think that you can call the following Supercharged do you. These speeds are readily available in many areas of Spain.
5Mb for Netflx HD
7Mb for Netflix SuperHD
12Mb for 3D quality

There is no special knowledge required, you only need one of the speeds (as bove) a suitable computer, a router connected to that computer and an HDMI cable to the TV.
Then it is simply a matter of downloading a program like "Astrill VPN" (to give you a UK IP, at about 3 euros a month), downloading, bookmarking and registering the channels you want to recieve, and "Bobs your Uncle", Internet HD TV :thumbsup:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH VPN quick the garlic and cross !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...the tunnel of internet death !!!!

ve come in the night to suck the mb´s from your router - count dragumore ....

amideislas Jan 9th 2014 4:40 am

Originally Posted by T7311 (Post 11070967)
i think you are missing the point - people wont want to go from a 1m dish to a €1000 2m one ....they are being FORCED to change due to British isolationist policy ... germans all now regardless of where they live now all pay €215 for a TV licence,its taken from their state pension (except those on min wage or no job who dont have to pay) americans simply have to enter their passport number to watch all US national channels anywhere in the world - FREE)
Telefonica now only have the following offers ADSL upto 10mb (which is being phased out) VDSL upto 30mb and FIBRA OPTICA 100mb ...they are moving over to VDSL via FFTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTTC

No, YOU are missing the point.

The UK tv scare is being largely proliferated by people who have a vested interest in profiting from something that is otherwise available at no charge. Despite being constantly assured that ALL UK TV will disappear this year, so far we have no impact at all. I have been offered solutions to this nonexistent problem without end. Some have quoted over €1000 to fix this problem that so far, doesn't exist. You eerily mirror the character of all those trying to sell me the problem.

TV licences are paid by residents of that country. Outside of that country if the signal hits your antenna you may legally receive it. Period. I personally believe TV licences serve no other purpose that to collect more tax. I lived in Germany for over a decade, and in their case, TV licences are precisely that. Their entire public TV system is a joke and a platform for blatant government propaganda (along with the usual very highly paid politically connected executives). German public TV is about as entertaining and useful as a box of rocks, and I suspect Germans will eventually revolt against it (there is already a big debate and thousands are refusing to pay). The beeb is a textbook model of professionalism by comparison.

Back to the point: Internet video has some great offerings, but for (live) television, the infrastructure just isnt robust, ubiquitous, or reliable enough yet. Besides, UK TV is NOT going away anytime soon.

Fred James Jan 9th 2014 4:44 am

5Mb for Netflx HD
7Mb for Netflix SuperHD
12Mb for 3D quality !

I should be so lucky!

We are 1.5km from the exchange and get just below 3mb/s with no option to upgrade.

I agree with Mitzy - many people in Spain have similar speeds. You clearly (luckily) live in a different world to many of us.

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 4:46 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070989)
because people are going from a 1m dish to a ´´guy ´´ price €1500 dish in south portugal ??? and its MASSIVE ...and to be honest i think that SES have a nasty surprise up their backs .the reflector for UK spot beam is ´´special 3m one and i think it will be VERY VERY tight ....someone went round stevenage and they said reflector was very big ... and why was 2F put up before 2E ??? why have they waited so long to start new UK service ???

Ok but this is a Spain Forum, so lets just stick with that for now. I am waiting for the change but really had I known it was going to be 4 months after I moved as it keep changing I would have just had the dish fitted.

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:50 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11071014)
No, YOU are missing the point.

The UK tv scare is being largely proliferated by people who have a vested interest in profiting from something that is otherwise available at no charge. Despite being constantly assured that ALL UK TV will disappear this year, so far we have no impact at all. I have been offered solutions to this nonexistent problem without end. Some have quoted over €1000 to fix this problem that so far, doesn't exist. You eerily mirror the character of all those trying to sell me the problem.

TV licences are paid by residents of that country. Outside of that country if the signal hits your antenna you may legally receive it. Period. I personally believe TV licences serve no other purpose that to collect more tax. I lived in Germany for over a decade, and in their case, TV licences are precisely that. Their entire public TV system is a joke and a platform for blatant government propaganda. German public TV is about as entertaining and useful as a box of rocks, and I suspect Germans will eventually revolt against it.

Back to the point: Internet video has some great offerings, but for television, the infrastructure just isnt reliable enough yet. Besides, UK TV is NOT going away anytime soon.

sorry i didnt know you didnt know ....

´´SES As part of SES' ongoing fleet renewal programme, we will be transferring all the UK Spot Beam transponders currently operating on ASTRA 1N across to ASTRA 2E.
´´This move at the 28.2/28.5ºEast orbital location will take place over several weeks beginning early February 2014.
TV viewers outside the UK and Ireland may see an impact and may not be able to receive channels from ASTRA 2E UK Spot Beam, which has a smaller footprint than ASTRA 1N. The new footprint on SES' replacement fleet has been designed to meet the requirements of UK and Irish broadcasters who target their channels for distribution in the UK and/or Ireland. UK and Irish broadcasters hold broadcasting rights only for the UK and/or Ireland but not for other countries.
December 11, 2013 at 3:45pm Société Européenne des Satellites ´´

and the BBC - Alix Pryde
Director, BBC Distribution (130,000 a year wages)
´´the BBC services moved to a new temporary home on Astra 1N., so the BBC’s services will move to their new permanent home on Astra 2E (28.2°East) when that becomes operational.
The overspill of the BBC’s services will be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them.
I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.

TV licences are paid by the CITIZENS in other EU country to provide them with THEIR NATIONAL TV SERVICE regardless where they are living in the EU
FRENCH have http://www.fransat.fr/

even the spanish in the uk can stick a dish up and get
http://www.tdtprofesional.eu/recepto..._store=tdt_esp

it makes no SENSE for me why you can pay to watch the BBC ??? ...

Saxy Jan 9th 2014 4:52 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11070994)
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH VPN quick the garlic and cross !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...the tunnel of internet death !!!!

I agree, but unlike all of the others that I have tried (and I started years ago with "Hide My IP"),
"Astrill" works perfectly! ;)

amideisles - The infrastructure is there. You just aren't in the right area!

andyrich666 - Costly? a suitable computer costs far less than a decent dish!
and you should read my post properly. It's the satellites themselves that are costly and become defunct!

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 11071020)
I should be so lucky!

We are 1.5km from the exchange and get just below 3mb/s with no option to upgrade.

I agree with Mitzy - many people in Spain have similar speeds. You clearly (luckily) live in a different world to many of us.

you only need 1.5mb for HD Upscaling ???? and VDSL is coming TO YOU ... the FIBRE OPTICA PLAN NATIONAL is by 2017 all STATE SCHOOL and HEALTH CENTRES will have 300MB LINES in .pupils will be given 23 dollar e books and page books will be abolished .(along with one of th biggest cost teachers )..HEALTH CENTRES will be able to carry out almost HEART SURGERY USING 3D MONITORING EQUIPMENT to contact with REMOTE SURGEONS ..when the patient is stable only then will he be taken to a distance hospital ...

the exchange is a thing of the past ... areas will have a FTTC every few KM and those within 800m will have 30mb VDSL and those 2km will have 20mb VDSL ...
I have customers near our airport who went from 1mb ADSL to 20MB VDSL

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/...b-svalor-total

and before you ask ´´who is paying for this .... GERMANIA is funding it using DE equipment on a 30 year loan ..

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Saxy (Post 11071034)
I agree, but unlike all of the others that I have tried (and I started years ago with "Hide My IP"),

and you should read my post properly. It's the satellites themselves that are costly and become defunct!

We don't care about the Satellites its meaningless to us mortals, so lets not stray into the pros and cons of the actual Satellites as you cant really use that for your sales pitch.

amideislas Jan 9th 2014 5:14 am

Originally Posted by 11 (Post 11071031)
sorry i didnt know you didnt know ....

´´SES As part of SES' ongoing fleet renewal programme, we will be transferring all the UK Spot Beam transponders currently operating on ASTRA 1N across to ASTRA 2E.
´´This move at the 28.2/28.5ºEast orbital location will take place over several weeks beginning early February 2014.
TV viewers outside the UK and Ireland may see an impact and may not be able to receive channels from ASTRA 2E UK Spot Beam, which has a smaller footprint than ASTRA 1N. The new footprint on SES' replacement fleet has been designed to meet the requirements of UK and Irish broadcasters who target their channels for distribution in the UK and/or Ireland. UK and Irish broadcasters hold broadcasting rights only for the UK and/or Ireland but not for other countries.
December 11, 2013 at 3:45pm Société Européenne des Satellites ´´

and the BBC - Alix Pryde
Director, BBC Distribution (130,000 a year wages)
´´the BBC services moved to a new temporary home on Astra 1N., so the BBC’s services will move to their new permanent home on Astra 2E (28.2°East) when that becomes operational.
The overspill of the BBC’s services will be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them.
I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.

Well I still get everything despite having "lost it all" on the new satellite.
That brings up another question: If the beeb is closing the door on anyone outside the UK, I wonder what their strategy will be to block internet re-broadcasting outside the UK (especially those charging for it).

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 5:21 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11071063)
Well I still get everything despite having "lost it all" on the new satellite.
That brings up another question: If the beeb is closing the door on anyone outside the UK, I wonder what their strategy will be to block internet re-broadcasting outside the UK (especially those charging for it).

SATELLITE SWITCH OVER IS FROM 1/2 TILL 22/2 ...it aint happened yet ..

thats the daft thing its the BBC that are breaking EU law
and UK domestic law ends at dover ..so as long as no one is daft enough to start their IPTV in the UK then there is nothing that can be done
under normal conditions someone might take then to court but as most of europe thinks the UK is sitting at the table looking around for its hat and coat ,they dont care any more and are getting on with their plans ...
our signal is picked up in MADRID on a building owned by TELEFONICA who distribut our 100% legal signal over the FIBRA OPTICA NATIONAL

amideislas Jan 9th 2014 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Saxy (Post 11071034)
I agree, but unlike all of the others that I have tried (and I started years ago with "Hide My IP (a"),

OK so you agree with me: as long as you have the right equipment, live in the right place, and have the right internet then all is good.

Unfortunately, this is Spain. Getting everything "right" is pretty rare here.

I'll stick with satellite, thank you. By the way, I have ALL UK tv, so please dont bother trying to sell me a upgrade for €1000, or another €39.95 per month internet tv package that doesnt work either.

BAT7311 Jan 9th 2014 6:03 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11071108)
OK so you agree with me: as long as you have the right equipment, live in the right place, and have the right internet then all is good.

Unfortunately, this is Spain. Getting everything "right" is pretty rare here.

I'll stick with satellite, thank you. By the way, I have ALL UK tv, so please dont bother trying to sell me a upgrade for €1000, or another €39.95 per month internet tv package that doesnt work either.

it seems no one reads the posts - the volcano aint gone up yet 1/2/2014 - 21/2/2014

99% of people who we connect can get IPTV .its got nothing to do with being in right place ,the right place is on a phone line ...and its the just normal internet not the right one ...and god €40 for internet TV what a rip off ...

and lookingat the REAL STATS from real ppl with dishs you will need a 1.5-1.9m dish in mallorca ... and thats on 2F ...dont know about 2E
IF YOU CAN GET 5USA you maybe OK if you CANNOT .....there may be trouble ahead ...

andyrich666 Jan 9th 2014 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BAT7311 (Post 11071119)
it seems no one reads the posts - the volcano aint gone up yet 1/2/2014 - 21/2/2014

99% of people who we connect can get IPTV .its got nothing to do with being in right place ,the right place is on a phone line ...and its the just normal internet not the right one ...and god €40 for internet TV what a rip off ...

and lookingat the REAL STATS from real ppl with dishs you will need a 1.5-1.9m dish in mallorca ... and thats on 2F ...dont know about 2E
IF YOU CAN GET 5USA you maybe OK if you CANNOT .....there may be trouble ahead ...

Do you mean there is a live indicator (C5 USA) now on whether you can get future Sat or not ?

EMR Jan 9th 2014 6:20 am

The UK TV lisence has little to do with the BBC it is a legal obligation if you have a TV , it does not matter which channels you receive or even if the TV works.
The UK government decided to give this revenue to the BBC as part of its funding of a national public broadasting service.
The BBC by limiting its broadcast envelope is breaking no rules, it could in part be a simple commercial approach in that anyone outside of the UK envelope will have to pay to view and why not.

The Guy Jan 9th 2014 6:30 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 11071140)
Do you mean there is a live indicator (C5 USA) now on whether you can get future Sat or not ?

The theory is that as Five, Five USA and Five* are on the UK beam of 2F, then in theory you should be able to receive the UK beam from 2E when it is operational.
If you cannot currently receive Five, Five USA and Five* then you may not be able to receive the UK beam from 2E when it is operational.

This is assuming that as the three new satellites that are the same make and model of satellites, with supposedly the same footprints (looking at the predicted maps from SES) then their UK beams should be the same and therefore their reception will be the same. But,as pointed out there is that chance that they are not - "e has been in storage for a few months and SES / Astrium could have had some tinker time to fine tune it based on what they have learnt from 2F. Also 2E and 2F will not be in exactly the same location, and that small difference in location can also affect the final footprint.