Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Global warming??

Global warming??

Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:27 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global warming??

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How about the NASA data?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...ming-alarmism/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-failures.html

I loath links - when I'm searching there are ll manner of pro and con links - you can take your pick depending on which side you wanna believe!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...ming-alarmism/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-failures.html

I loath links - when I'm searching there are ll manner of pro and con links - you can take your pick depending on which side you wanna believe!

Jo xxx
The Heartland Institute? Are you kidding? I mean of all the links you could show me "proof" that's the worst! Heartand Institute! Ha! I do hope Jacky pops up to tell you off for that link! Oh and as we have all said... No one is talking global warming
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:39 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

The Heartland Institute? Are you kidding? I mean of all the links you could show me "proof" that's the worst! Heartand Institute! Ha! I do hope Jacky pops up to tell you off for that link! Oh and as we have all said... No one is talking global warming
It doesnt matter where the links are from - TBH i didnt even look - there are so many.

The bottom line is that this whole global warming/climate change theory was more or less started - orchestrated by the IPCC - they are the one who were given money to investigate it - they are the driving force behind the alarmists. They had to do this to justify their existence. However, they have not only failed spectacularly, but they have now been found to be made up from non scientists, green peace activists and other randoms with a financial interest.

Heres poor old Al Gore reciting their predictions of doom and gloom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPLD8aylRiw

Thats why I and many others now do not believe in this alarmist nonsense.

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:39 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly dont believe the imminent "Armageddon" mantra - I also believe that there have been bigger and greater problems in earths history. I think future generations would actually appreciate us progressing and loooking forward. They'll laugh if they thought we were regressing as a species just to "save" them??? And they will be around, cos as I say this whole AGW in the next few years cant really happen - unless the sun explodes or some other unexpected disaster were to befall us

Jo xxx
There is no 'imminent "Armageddon" mantra'. The fact that you perceive that there is might be influencing your thinking.

There may have also been 'bigger and greater problems in Earth's history'. But note - HISTORY - there is nothing we can do about that now - we have to deal with the present and future and there might well be something we can do about that even without 'regressing as a species'.

What makes you say that 'this whole AGM in the next few years can't really happen?'

I don't really know if it can or can't although it certainly seems possible, but you seem certain it can't. What makes you so certain?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:43 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Jo xxx
The Greenhouse effect and AGW theory precedes the IPCC by many decades.

You should examine the science rather than the pronouncements of Al Gore or the Heartland Institute.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:46 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jimenato
There is no 'imminent "Armageddon" mantra'. The fact that you perceive that there is might be influencing your thinking.

There may have also been 'bigger and greater problems in Earth's history'. But note - HISTORY - there is nothing we can do about that now - we have to deal with the present and future and there might well be something we can do about that even without 'regressing as a species'.

What makes you say that 'this whole AGM in the next few years can't really happen?'

I don't really know if it can or can't although it certainly seems possible, but you seem certain it can't. What makes you so certain?
I'm certain that in the next few years that mans actions wont cause the Armageddon predicted. But who knows what else might happen - a meteor hit, the sun may explode, someone may let off a nuclear bomb..... however I can predict with the utmost certainty that, in 100 years time not one of us on the forum will be here - is that a catastrophe too??

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:50 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt matter where the links are from - TBH i didnt even look - there are so many.

The bottom line is that this whole global warming/climate change theory was more or less started - orchestrated by the IPCC - they are the one who were given money to investigate it - they are the driving force behind the alarmists. They had to do this to justify their existence. However, they have not only failed spectacularly, but they have now been found to be made up from non scientists, green peace activists and other randoms with a financial interest.

Heres poor old Al Gore reciting their predictions of doom and gloom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPLD8aylRiw

Jo xxx
Yes, I said earlier to check out the qualifications of the so called "scientists" on the IPCC board but no comment.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:51 pm
squeaky clean

The Greenhouse effect and AGW theory precedes the IPCC by many decades.

You should examine the science rather than the pronouncements of Al Gore or the Heartland Institute.
It was the ozone layer when I was a kid in the 70s - it had a hole in it that was letting our heat escape. that was due to using aerosols or something. We had to act fast to close that hole or by the year 2000 the UK would be colder than the arctic - it was a fact! I remember learning about it at school!!

Now theres an idea, lets get some of those CFC gases and see if we can make the hole appear again to let out all of that nasty CO2 - problem solved lol!!! - altho without CO2 and heat, plants wont grow and therefore wont make oxygen

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:57 pm
FreeThinker

I'm certain that in the next few years that mans actions wont cause the Armageddon predicted.
Armageddon hasn't been predicted in the next few years.

But who knows what else might happen - a meteor hit, the sun may explode, someone may let off a nuclear bomb..... however I can predict with the utmost certainty that, in 100 years time not one of us on the forum will be here - is that a catastrophe too??

Jo xxx
None of which is relevant to the discussion.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:07 pm
squeaky clean

Armageddon hasn't been predicted in the next few years.

All but! We've had the scare stories and the cost of our individual carbon footprints counted and critised, we must lower the temperature of our heating and our washing machines, turn our standby buttons off, not use our cars as much, buy electric cars, stop cows farting.... cos we're causing the ice caps to melt - within the next 20 years - as Al Gore recites what the "experts" have said. And when they melt, the seas will rise and swallow up huge land masses.........

Now if we do all of the above, we may be able save our planet for our grandchildren. Thats what we've been told. Do you really buy it??????

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes, I said earlier to check out the qualifications of the so called "scientists" on the IPCC board but no comment.
I'm confused, what scientists are false at the IPCC? Are you sure you're not mixing up some other story? I've had a look through the list of scientists on all three theirs of working groups and they are all qualified scientists.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:19 pm
FreeThinker

It was the ozone layer when I was a kid in the 70s - it had a hole in it that was letting our heat escape. that was due to using aerosols or something. We had to act fast to close that hole or by the year 2000 the UK would be colder than the arctic - it was a fact! I remember learning about it at school!!

Now theres an idea, lets get some of those CFC gases and see if we can make the hole appear again to let out all of that nasty CO2 - problem solved lol!!! - altho without CO2 and heat, plants wont grow and therefore wont make oxygen

Jo xxx
Huh? Who on earth told you that? It is utter rubbish.

The 'hole in the ozone layer' had nothing whatever to do with letting heat escape. Rather it was believed it would allow the entry of harmful ultra violet rays.

You might like to review where you get your 'facts' from as that is completely wrong.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:20 pm
squeaky clean

I'm confused, what scientists are false at the IPCC? Are you sure you're not mixing up some other story? I've had a look through the list of scientists on all three theirs of working groups and they are all qualified scientists.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-failures.html This I posted a few posts ago discredits a few of them - but its widely known now that most of them have vested interests - well lets face it, if someone pays you to find a problem, then you find it - whether there is one or not and regardless of you're qualifications. Of course the ones who were part of greenpeace and anti capitalist found it a great way of fighting for their cause too. I dont think there is anyone who believes them anymore.

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:22 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Jo, I think you have the patience of a Saint
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:24 pm
squeaky clean

Huh? Who on earth told you that? It is utter rubbish.

The 'hole in the ozone layer' had nothing whatever to do with letting heat escape. Rather it was believed it would allow the entry of harmful ultra violet rays.

You might like to review where you get your 'facts' from as that is completely wrong.
maybe, I was too young to remember it. I do remember having to do a project at school and the project was all about how we in europe would manage "when" we lived in freezing conditions. I remember writing a piece about living in a special "warm" house and special "warm" clothes that would be invented, polar bears living in my garden and drawing a picture with snow covered palm trees lol. I also remember the following summer there was a heat wave (1976) - which I couldnt understand!!??

Funny the things you remember as a kid

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.