Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Global warming??

Wikiposts

Global warming??

Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:05 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global warming??

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
The topic has been done. The conclusion is that no one knows. Nowt more to say

Jo xxx
Just do me one favour Jo.... Read the site I posted. It's just a science based site, it discusses the facts we know and dispels the myths, on both sides that have sprung up. Have a look.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:12 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Just do me one favour Jo.... Read the site I posted. It's just a science based site, it discusses the facts we know and dispels the myths, on both sides that have sprung up. Have a look.
Stop now, there are no facts! END

YES Matt, if it was simply a matter of putting CO2 in a closed glass box and heating it with a constant heat from above, the inside of the box would warm up - thats a bit of "science"

The climate, the universe, the planet are far more complicated, with many more variables, permutations and random actions - some we know about, others we dont!

So STOP

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Stop now, there are no facts! END

YES Matt, if it was simply a matter of putting CO2 in a closed glass box and heating it with a constant heat from above, the inside of the box would warm up - thats a bit of "science"

The climate, the universe, the planet are far more complicated, with many more variables, permutations and random actions - some we know about, others we dont!

So STOP

Jo xxx
Yes there are
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:26 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there are
So why has it taken you 34 pages to realise that we dont live in a glass box, so therefore the usual laws of physics performed in a closed environment dont apply to our planet, due to the "contamination effect of outside influences ?! Therefore cant be "fact"

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:38 am
Straw Man.

So why has it taken you 34 pages to realise that we dont live in a glass box, so therefore the usual laws of physics performed in a closed environment dont apply to our planet, due to the "contamination effect of outside influences ?! Therefore cant be "fact"

Jo xxx
As the site shows Jo there is empirical evidence that the rise in temperatures is due to the increase in Co2 being released into the atmosphere.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:49 am
squeaky clean

As the site shows Jo there is empirical evidence that the rise in temperatures is due to the increase in Co2 being released into the atmosphere.
The rise in temperature since the mini ice age in the 1600s (it was rising before then too )??? er....... well thank heavens it is rising then - however, its fairly well documented now that the temperature hasnt risen for the last 16 years - thats why the IPCC now call it climate change, not global warming

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:55 am
Straw Man.

The rise in temperature since the mini ice age in the 1600s (it was rising before then too )??? er....... well thank heavens it is rising then - however, its fairly well documented now that the temperature hasnt risen for the last 16 years - thats why the IPCC now call it climate change, not global warming

Jo xxx
Yes it has. Have a look at the NASA data, it's them who actually monitor the weather trends.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Feb 11th 2014 at 7:03 am.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:01 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

The topic has been done. The conclusion is that no one knows. Nowt more to say

Jo xxx
So you admit that you don't know whether AGW is real or not?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:40 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jimenato

Of course I dont - neither does anyone else, even the scientists and so called "experts". They decided it might caused by man cause of their computer model - they then spent years trying to prove it was happening - even that infamous speech my Al Gore telling us that the Ice in the Arctic would be all gone by the summer of 2015 and other imminent horrors - all doom and gloom. But none of that happened. The IPCC then had to admit that actually the globe hasnt warmed for 16 years. Now there are reports that the solar flares have possibly weakened and this may cause our planet to cool - but its all too random to possibly predict with any accuracy.

All we know is that the climate changes, it always has and it always will

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:46 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I dont ...

Jo xxx
So it could be then.

You also don't know if your house will fall down, catch fire or be burgled.

Do you have insurance?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:49 am
squeaky clean

So it could be then.

You also don't know if your house will fall down, catch fire or be burgled.

Do you have insurance?

exactly!!! and yes I have, but that wont stop it happening if its going to. And before you say it - if we were to carry on as if it IS AGW thats causing it - just in case, well, dump your car, dump your electricity and live without those things that are possibly causing it!!!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:55 am
FreeThinker

exactly!!! and yes I have, but that wont stop it happening if its going to. And before you say it - if we were to carry on as if it IS AGW thats causing it - just in case, well, dump your car, dump your electricity and live without those things that are possibly causing it!!!

Jo xxx
Not at all!!

We don't have to try to stop it - just, maybe, cope with the consequences.

If we care at all of course - which I don't.

But then I have no kids.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:58 am
squeaky clean

Not at all!!

We don't have to try to stop it - just, maybe, cope with the consequences.

If we care at all of course - which I don't.

But then I have no kids.

I certainly dont believe the imminent "Armageddon" mantra - I also believe that there have been bigger and greater problems in earths history. I think future generations would actually appreciate us progressing and loooking forward. They'll laugh if they thought we were regressing as a species just to "save" them??? And they will be around, cos as I say this whole AGW in the next few years cant really happen - unless the sun explodes or some other unexpected disaster were to befall us

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:08 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I dont - neither does anyone else, even the scientists and so called "experts". They decided it might caused by man cause of their computer model - they then spent years trying to prove it was happening - even that infamous speech my Al Gore telling us that the Ice in the Arctic would be all gone by the summer of 2015 and other imminent horrors - all doom and gloom. But none of that happened. The IPCC then had to admit that actually the globe hasnt warmed for 16 years. Now there are reports that the solar flares have possibly weakened and this may cause our planet to cool - but its all too random to possibly predict with any accuracy.

All we know is that the climate changes, it always has and it always will

Jo xxx
Yes, the IPCC had to backtrack after climategate when some scientists were found ordering data to be destroyed and hiding the true data which showed the opposite to what they were putting out publicly.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:18 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes, the IPCC had to backtrack after climategate when some scientists were found ordering data to be destroyed and hiding the true data which showed the opposite to what they were putting out publicly.
How about the NASA data?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.