Gibraltar

Old May 7th 2014, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Twenty foreigners arrested in beach operation

Customs yesterday arrested a total of 19 Spanish nationals and a Romanian in an operation targeting the illegal exportation of cigarettes via the eastern coastline.

A total of 28,620 cigarettes were recovered and 4 cars detained.

Customs say they appreciate the support of the GDP who assisted the operation by deterring potential intruders onto the runway, ensuring that the integrity of the airfield and flight safety were preserved at all times. Customs also appreciate the logistic support provided by the RGP.

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...11830&offset=0
Old May 7th 2014, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

£10,000 fines in tobacco case

At the Magistrates Court yesterday five persons were found guilty in tobacco charges.

Jose Criado, aged 45 years, a Spanish national residing in Gibraltar;

Treixi Pineda Perez, aged 24, a Spanish national residing in Spain;

Sarah Perea, aged 60 years, a British national residing in Gibraltar;

James Dalrymple, aged 35, a British national residing in Gibraltar;and

Lorraine Ford, aged 24, a British national residing in Gibraltar all appeared in court on a variety of charges as follow:

• Being knowingly concerned in the sale of tobacco in breach of a retail licence.

• Selling tobacco by way of a vending machine without a licence

• Possession of a commercial quantity of cigarettes (3,000 cigarettes)

• Possession of a commercial quantity of cigarettes (100,000 cigarettes)

• Storage of a commercial quantity of cigarettes

Criado, Pineda Perez, Perea and Dalrymple were each fined £10,000.

Ford received a conditional discharge for a period of 6 months.

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...11831&offset=0
Old May 7th 2014, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Judging by the 2 previous posts it looks like we could be making more money from fines than from the profit on the cigarettes
Old May 7th 2014, 10:38 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

See that Atletico Madrid fans have taken up the anti Gibraltar stance.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...raltar-poster/
Old May 7th 2014, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
See that Atletico Madrid fans have taken up the anti Gibraltar stance.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...raltar-poster/
I have met quite a few Spanish here and I bring up Gibraltar, its not good, they get very wound up easily, I wont mention it to them anymore. You could be having a good chat about football and chicas and then I mention Gib and its all over.

Madrid being the Capital though probably gives more strength to nationalists than come of those that more relaxed here ?

But are you British, your Gibraltarians no ? Shows there intelligence, In Spain my team is Atl.Mad though, Sevilla second.

There is also a big facebook page about it that shows there feelings strongly, I come across it as we bought a frenchie of this guy in Villajoyosa and he was a member, I think it is this one, https://www.facebook.com/Gibraltar.Espannol

Shows they can be very racist on some comments. Im sure you have thicker skin !

PS.... One of the posts in the article you link to says the photo is fake, its certainly debateable ?

Last edited by andyrich666; May 7th 2014 at 11:09 pm.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I have met quite a few Spanish here and I bring up Gibraltar, its not good, they get very wound up easily, I wont mention it to them anymore. You could be having a good chat about football and chicas and then I mention Gib and its all over.
Unfortunately the Spanish appear to rarely to question the crap their government and media put out which is very anti Gib generally designed to draw attention from major Spanish problems.

Economy, employment and Bárcenas to name a few.

They are still cahnating that the waters are theirs, therefore the right to fish

Even after Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel García-Margallo has expressed confidence that Spain would win a legal case over jurisdiction of Gibraltar’s isthmus, though he was less certain about success in any challenge over the waters.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:22 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid being the Capital though probably gives more strength to nationalists than come of those that more relaxed here ?

But are you British, your Gibraltarians no ? Shows there intelligence, In Spain my team is Atl.Mad though, Sevilla second.

There is also a big facebook page about it that shows there feelings strongly, I come across it as we bought a frenchie of this guy in Villajoyosa and he was a member, I think it is this one, https://www.facebook.com/Gibraltar.Espannol

Shows they can be very racist on some comments. Im sure you have thicker skin !

PS.... One of the posts in the article you link to says the photo is fake, its certainly debateable ?
Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Unfortunately the Spanish appear to rarely to question the crap their government and media put out which is very anti Gib generally designed to draw attention from major Spanish problems.

Economy, employment and Bárcenas to name a few.

They are still cahnating that the waters are theirs, therefore the right to fish

Even after Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel García-Margallo has expressed confidence that Spain would win a legal case over jurisdiction of Gibraltar’s isthmus, though he was less certain about success in any challenge over the waters.
I feel sure that most Spaniards are just being led by an obnoxious government, for many it is the first and only thing they will ever agree with Rajoy over, even though they don't really know why.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Govt curfew on tobacco sales at vanguard of draconian clampdown

by Brian Reyes

Tobacco sales will be restricted to one carton of cigarettes per person under new legislation that will also strengthen the powers of local law enforcement agencies to tackle smuggling and related anti-social behaviour.

The new rules will also seek to punish retailers who are convicted of tobacco offences and will introduce a curfew on tobacco sales.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=33852
Just rereading this I believe the legislation if passed in Gib will be breaking European Law.

I posted sometime back that EU law required that the minimum quantity of cigarettes anyone could buy in an EU country should not be less than 800

Unfortunately the search function does not let me find that post
Old May 8th 2014, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Just rereading this I believe the legislation if passed in Gib will be breaking European Law.

I posted sometime back that EU law required that the minimum quantity of cigarettes anyone could buy in an EU country should not be less than 800

Unfortunately the search function does not let me find that post
For your own consumption you can buy as many as you want.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For your own consumption you can buy as many as you want.
Andy each country can set a maximum amount even for own consumption.
However that maximum amount must not be less than 800.
At this moment in Gibraltar that figure is 1000.
I posted a link sometime back.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Andy each country can set a maximum amount even for own consumption.
However that maximum amount must not be less than 800.
At this moment in Gibraltar that figure is 1000.
I posted a link sometime back.
I understand,

Tell me something if you got on a cruise to Gib you can buy as many as you want ?
Old May 8th 2014, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I understand,

Tell me something if you got on a cruise to Gib you can buy as many as you want ?
At the moment anyone can buy 1000 and that is the most you can carry in the street without a tobacco licence.
However if you have somewhere to store them ( not a car ) you can go into another shop and buy a 1000 more and again and again up to a max of I believe 10,000
Lots of trips back to the boat
Old May 8th 2014, 5:21 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is when you get off the ship back to your home country. Most countries only allow 1x200 carton.
Old May 8th 2014, 5:26 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Customs and exise at Bristol have great fun as we have seen when the flights from Non Duty paid destinations such as the Canaries land.
Old May 8th 2014, 5:34 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There are no duty free goods available in the shops in Gib. They are vat and tax free but that isn't the same as duty free.

If you arrive in your own boat you can buy from the official ships suppliers at a truly duty free price.

We used to do that regularly. A litre of Gin in the town was £5 but duty free about £2. I didn't bother with tobacco but that would probably be the same.

I even bought a diesel generator at a huge discount. Everything had to be delivered to the boat and not subsequently taken ashore.

Of course, if you sailed back up the coast 100 miles to your Spanish marina then in theory that was not allowed but it was never a problem.

This was a few years ago but I doubt that it will have changed a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.