Gibraltar 2

Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Oh dear,such stirring words,bet he wasn't evacuated.I was,during ww2 our home was bombed,everything lost,do not even have my original birth certificate,just an extract to say I was born on that day,no father's name even.Get real we need in this modern world to all stick together which is why I absolutely support a united europe.I watch with horror to see how the United Kingdom,what a sad name that is now,is being torn apart.Although I have Spanish relatives I also have English & Scottish also.The Scots I believe will soon make a bid for independence again.Growing up in a Naval port in England ,my pals were often Maltese or from Gibraltar,they,like myself are oldies now,a lot of them born there because their fathers were posted there.I was in the Armed Forces so know that.Do you ,younger than myself,really count on all the hype coming from our British Govn. saying that Gibraltar will be protected as part of our territory?They can't even get their own act together.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03
Get real we need in this modern world to all stick together which is why I absolutely support a united europe.
Gibraltar has never enjoyed a united Europe and never will whilst a single Spaniard remains breathing.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear,well your comment "whilst a single Spaniard remains breathing" is just what I simply find unacceptable.As an English person I lived in Scotland at one time,quite difficult because of the sort of views you seem to hold by people who thought like you do. But I managed to operate a successful business there,& still have contacts in that country.Our world is a small place,what would be you approach if we,indeed they touch down in Gib.,encounter an alien from a different planet?Perhaps you would expect them to produce a current British passport,have a bank account in sterling & stop thinking in metric( even though my grandchildren have been taught in that system)& of course they must be able to converse in the English language since we superior people expect this,even in Gibraltar where Llanito is the native language.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear,well your comment "whilst a single Spaniard remains breathing" is just what I simply find unacceptable.As an English person I lived in Scotland at one time,quite difficult because of the sort of views you seem to hold by people who thought like you do. But I managed to operate a successful business there,& still have contacts in that country.Our world is a small place,what would be you approach if we,indeed they touch down in Gib.,encounter an alien from a different planet?Perhaps you would expect them to produce a current British passport,have a bank account in sterling & stop thinking in metric( even though my grandchildren have been taught in that system)& of course they must be able to converse in the English language since we superior people expect this,even in Gibraltar where Llanito is the native language.
Funny I never had any problems working in Scotland or anywhere else.
I also lived in Spain for 27 years until the open and visible corruption got too much for me
Llanito is the language of the Campo de Gibraltar not Gibraltar alone.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps you were not integrated into Scottish life as I was,never had a problem with working perhaps because I had my own business in any country I have lived in.But I married a Scot have Scottish children & grandchildren which we taught by example that it is unimportant what place you were born in.I did have in-laws who held a different view & indeed,if you know anything about how religious differences play a part in that country,or Wales or Ireland,you can get an idea of how ghastly I think that is.However I have never heard it expressed before that anyone by their nationality,was wished dead.Obviously you DID have a problem working in Spain.Do you honestly believe that there is no corruption in British politics or business life?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't believe the Scots unlike the Spanish have any intention of denying the people of Gibraltar the rights they have as members of the EU or even those of British citizens.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not much of an answer Fred.I have a Spanish granddaughter & son-in-law also.Never heard them,again,wish people were dead.They get along very well with all the multiple nationalities in their country mostly.Oh,you are about to say that is because they benefit from those people.Of course they do just like we Brits. do in the UK & also in Gibraltar.As for denying rights,I am & hundreds of other British nationals denied a vote on anything in the country of my birth(despite having served in our Armed Forces,swore allegiance to our Queen)because I have elected ,for several years to live in another place.By the way,just my opinion,but I can see that the Scots will before too long have another go at being independent from England & seeing the mess the Government is in just now may well sway a different way from last time.But this is away from the original point.However you,with your knowledge of the Scots mindset,& I could perhaps engage in a debate sometime on this subject.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not much of an answer Fred.I have a Spanish granddaughter & son-in-law also.Never heard them,again,wish people were dead.They get along very well with all the multiple nationalities in their country mostly.Oh,you are about to say that is because they benefit from those people.Of course they do just like we Brits. do in the UK & also in Gibraltar.As for denying rights,I am & hundreds of other British nationals denied a vote on anything in the country of my birth(despite having served in our Armed Forces,swore allegiance to our Queen)because I have elected ,for several years to live in another place.By the way,just my opinion,but I can see that the Scots will before too long have another go at being independent from England & seeing the mess the Government is in just now may well sway a different way from last time.But this is away from the original point.However you,with your knowledge of the Scots mindset,& I could perhaps engage in a debate sometime on this subject.
Get things straight dougal, I have never wished anyone dead. I stated
Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar has never enjoyed a united Europe and never will whilst a single Spaniard remains breathing.
Big difference

I have never claimed to have a knowledge of the Scots mindset.just stated that I worked in Scotland, one of the thirteen countries I have worked in.

Stick to facts.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

So why would you quote that unless you agree with that sentiment.And where did it come from?I AM trying to stick to the facts.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So why would you quote that unless you agree with that sentiment.And where did it come from?I AM trying to stick to the facts.
The fact is Spain will never drop it's illegal claim against Gibraltar and what I posted was a more emphatic way of expressing that.

But lets take another look at Scottish independence, something I supported, now compare London's reaction to that with Madrid's reaction to Catalan independence. It doesn't take much to then compare that to their attitude to Gibraltar.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There was an incursion by the Spanish patrol boat Infanta Elena this afternoon at about 3pm, approximately 400m off Europa Point.When challenged by the Royal Navy the warship twice replied: these are Spanish sovereign waters. In answer to GBC questions, the Convent confirmed it would be protesting the incident to its Spanish counterparts.
.https://www.gbc.gi/news/incursion-sp...m-europa-point
Old Jan 16th 2019, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scottish independence views have absolutely nothing in common with anything in Spain(Catalan).And Gibraltar is a far away place attached to England,& that is only the few who,like myself,tell their relatives that we go there & describe it.They actually prefer to hear about Majorca or Benidorm.London's reaction regarding either is of course of interest to both of us but doesn't concern the Scots,as I see it.Today after last night's vote,for the Scots.I believe they are further away from from considering what may be the outcome for Gibraltar,or indeed Catalonia.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 7:38 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Scottish independence views have absolutely nothing in common with anything in Spain(Catalan).And Gibraltar is a far away place attached to England,& that is only the few who,like myself,tell their relatives that we go there & describe it.They actually prefer to hear about Majorca or Benidorm.London's reaction regarding either is of course of interest to both of us but doesn't concern the Scots,as I see it.Today after last night's vote,for the Scots.I believe they are further away from from considering what may be the outcome for Gibraltar,or indeed Catalonia.
Is Gib not attached to the UK rather than England?
Old Jan 16th 2019, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like someone is upset, I think
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Ministry of Defence has confirmed to GBC that contingency planning is taking place to ensure the UK’s overseas bases are not affected by a no-deal Brexit.Sky News reported over the weekend that “Operation Yellowhammer” is underway, with £23 million worth of food, fuel, spare parts and ammunition set to go to the MoD’s bases in Gibraltar, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands.https://www.gbc.gi/news/mod-confirms...ckpiling-opera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.