Gibraltar 2

Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Gibraltar must have MP in the Commons, says Representation in Westminster Group in open letter to CM

https://www.gbc.gi/news/gibraltar-mu...open-letter-cm
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar must have MP in the Commons, says Representation in Westminster Group in open letter to CM

https://www.gbc.gi/news/gibraltar-mu...open-letter-cm
Yet even the Tory MP supporting the proposal in the UK resigned last week, citing;

Ken Westmoreland, who has long been active in promoting Gibraltar and the concept of Gibraltar having an MP at Westminster, has resigned from helping out 'on the matter of parliamentary representation for Gibraltar, more reluctantly, for the other Overseas Territories and even more reluctantly the Crown Dependencies.'In an email to Anthony Webber, who is involved in the Representation campaign, he adds: 'Given your whole approach to this and the way it has antagonised people, I do not want to be seen to be fronting this and given my health at the moment, do not really want to have to bear the brunt of hostile reactions from those opposed to it.'

Westmoreland tells Webber: Unfortunately, your press release repeats the lie that the UK is the 'only' country not to give its external territories representation in its national parliament, when New Zealand is another, and while you claim that it would be 'unfair' to give this to some territories but not to others, that is exactly what the Netherlands does in its Caribbean ones.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I've got a stalker

I thought this stupidity had ended with the demise of EMR.

But at least it keeps Gibraltar near the top of the page increasing it's exposure

I wonder what is Wrong with Portugal that it keeps producing these types.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 11:07 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I've got a stalker
No-one's stalking you, I was reading the latest posts and saw a couple of posts where you'd either misread or misspoke.

I thought it might have been accidental. It seems I was wrong. But I'm happy to help the thread's visibility, it'll make it easier for people to see where you deliberately misrepresented Frontex's status.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-review.html
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 8:38 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone's interested, euagencies.eu contains a full list of EU agencies and Wikipedia has a page saying what an agency is as far as the EU is concerned.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DLC
If anyone's interested, euagencies.eu contains a full list of EU agencies and Wikipedia has a page saying what an agency is as far as the EU is concerned.
Thanks. Those are very useful.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A Royal Navy warship will be deployed off the coast of Gibraltar for the first time under Britain's defence review

What is a warship?

We have armed patrol vessels stationed here
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-an...altar-squadron

Back in 76 the frigate HMS Lincoln F99 was stationed here

Since then a variety of boats starting with Ettrick and Elsing both described as Fleet tenders
On decommissioning Ettrick was purchased by a friend of mine and returned to Gibraltar for a number of years before being sold to a Finnish ice breaker captain and being relocated to Helsinki.
Then we have a nuclear berth that plays host to a variety of nuclear submarines of various nationalities

So to repeat my question what is a warship
Old Mar 24th 2021, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

A Royal Navy warship will be deployed off the coast of Gibraltar for the first time under Britain's defence review

What is a warship?

Since then a variety of boats starting with Ettrick and Elsing both described as Fleet tenders
On decommissioning Ettrick was purchased by a friend of mine and returned to Gibraltar for a number of years before being sold to a Finnish ice breaker captain and being relocated to Helsinki.
Then we have a nuclear berth that plays host to a variety of nuclear submarines of various nationalities

If your question was aimed at me, I'm no expert and probably not the best to answer. However, to aid you, the link you give states that Trent is a ship and that the patrol vessels you mention are boats.
I hope that this is of assistance but for further clarification perhaps the Royal Navy might be the better recipient of your question.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

What is a warship?

A politicians euphemism for a very mini aircraft carrier which is capable of landing a helicopter on the aft deck. I don’t think it has a helicopter embarked or hangered. It might have a 50 mm calibre weapon and some advanced electronics. Lots of countries call them patrol boats.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
If your question was aimed at me, I'm no expert and probably not the best to answer. However, to aid you, the link you give states that Trent is a ship and that the patrol vessels you mention are boats.
I hope that this is of assistance but for further clarification perhaps the Royal Navy might be the better recipient of your question.
Hi VEDShappy not aimed at you personally just a general question.

My understanding is that ships can carry boats but boats cannot carry ships, but this is in a civilian world, I do not know the answer for the military world but personally my own thought is that if it carries weapons and can be used for aggression or defence then it is a warship.

However in your link HMS Trent is described as a patrol boat after the introduction

Royal Navy warship will patrol from Gibraltar for first time

So is a patrol boat a warship?
Whilst the frigate HMS Lincoln F99 is definitely a warship and was here long before HMS Trent as were many others, which makes the article questionable.

Old Mar 25th 2021, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Morning.
I think that there may be a definition of both types of vessel but that yours is enough for me!
In principle, there is little difference between the S class boats currently stationed there and the river class. Both are Royal Navy and both are armed. The river class have a longer reach and improved ability of course.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Morning.
I think that there may be a definition of both types of vessel but that yours is enough for me!
In principle, there is little difference between the S class boats currently stationed there and the river class. Both are Royal Navy and both are armed. The river class have a longer reach and improved ability of course.
"With regard to motorized craft, a ship is a large vessel intended for oceangoing or at least deep-water transport, and a boat is anything else."

That seems simple enough.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
"With regard to motorized craft, a ship is a large vessel intended for oceangoing or at least deep-water transport, and a boat is anything else."

That seems simple enough.
Hinges on the definition of "large" then 🤔
Old Mar 25th 2021, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Hinges on the definition of "large" then 🤔
Apparently, it's 197ft / 60m. Also, 500 tons or above.

The new warship is 90m long, as opposed to 20m of the current patrol boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.