Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GADAFFI IS DEAD.

GADAFFI IS DEAD.

Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GADAFFI IS DEAD.

Originally Posted by bil
Been watching the end of the rat on Spanish TV. You'd never see images like this on UK TV that's far too sanitised
If you think Spanish tv is bad watch Al Jazeera English (Sky channel 514)http://english.aljazeera.net/
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
Article 13 of the Geneva Convention

Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.

Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.

Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited.

Whether you agree with the savagery or not, whether you wanted to see him dead or not, it was a criminal act.
Absolutely right. I'll take that into consideration right after my hang gliding trip thru Hell.

When it comes down to the treatment of an individual soldier, or even the leader of an army, yeah, I agree proper treatment is a must.

However, Gaddafi is such a shit, that I'm prepared to turn a blind eye.

Tell you what. Get that scumbag blair up on war crimes, and Bush in the dock with him, get them convicted and I'll think about looking into Gaddafi's death.

Right after hell freezes over.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:11 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to prove that the Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11, how many people still think Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the attacks? http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...military-trial

Kuwaiti born Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is linked with Al Qaeda but not the Taliban. Please remember that Taliban was the name of the Afghan government up until 2001.

There were two reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan. The first was to build the worlds longest oil pipeline from Azerbaijan and Central Asia through Afghanistan to Pakistan & India.

The second reason is in preparation for a two fronted war against Iran. The US now has bases either side of Iran & has wanted the war with Iran since the Shah was overthrown in 1979.
If the Yanks invaded Afghanistan in preparation for a war on Iran, then they are even more retarded than I thought.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

What has Gaddafi ever done to you Bil? Have you ever had the opportunity to form a balanced viewpoint, or are you reiterating opinions of the media?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
If the Yanks invaded Afghanistan in preparation for a war on Iran, then they are even more retarded than I thought.
Look at the map Bil.......
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
bil
Banned

What has Gaddafi ever done to you Bil? Have you ever had the opportunity to form a balanced viewpoint, or are you reiterating opinions of the media?
Oh no, what have I done? You are so right. I have allowed myself to be seduced by the amazing news programmes. You are of course right in that I have slavishly based my opions on this and other data gathered from secondary sources, instead of verifying them myself by going there and interviewing gaddafi and the all the Libyan citizens myself.

But wait! How will I be able to trust them? Is gaddafi lying when he says he is blameless? Perhaps the deaths were all fakes.

Plus of course, Gaddafi has never done A SINGLE THING to me.

I resolve to forgive him immediately, to retract all the negative things I have said about him, and dedicate the rest of my life to clearing his name and getting him cannonised by the pope, or if you your self are free, perhaps you could perform this august role?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:30 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to carry on producing weapons as many of those company's that contribute so many millions to the republican party do, pay again those millions to grease the wheels in congress etc etc etc. Then you really need a couple of good excuses to ............

1 Use the things up so you can of course make a lot more.
2 Have a good war industry Dependant on the newest/latest smart this or that.
3 Keep pushing ahead development until the Mega Smart (or whatever the latest term is) of the future will allow these so called wars to be conducted from the pentagon via a mouse, as with the right propaganda there will always be some nasties to splat, but without the need to send personnel there.
4 Well the USA has been sponsoring/encouraging/setting up a long list of nasties for many (many) years to date so why change a winning formula.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:33 pm
bil
Banned

Look at the map Bil.......
I have. Afghanistan shares a border with Iran, but is landlocked. All your troops and armour would have to be flown in, with all the planes vulnerable to Talib shooters with ground to airs, and all you columns would face guerrilla attacks long before they got to Iran.

I'm no military strategist, but that looks like madness to me.

Iraq, ok, got a border and a sea port, so that makes sense. Trouble is, you gotta ship all those troops and so on up a comparatively narrow waterway.

In the war games the yanks played against an American general taking the part of Saddam, he sank most of the big shipping with the loss of thousands of lives, simply by placing a few loyalists in fishing boats with a cheapo one shot, shoulder launched misslie. Whop one of those in at the waterline, and your multi million dollar aircraft carrier is suddenly relegated to being a fish action park, and the death toll from repeating the trick with a couple of troop carriers would damn soon quench America's taste for that war.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:36 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Absolutely right. I'll take that into consideration right after my hang gliding trip thru Hell.

When it comes down to the treatment of an individual soldier, or even the leader of an army, yeah, I agree proper treatment is a must.

However, Gaddafi is such a shit, that I'm prepared to turn a blind eye.

Tell you what. Get that scumbag blair up on war crimes, and Bush in the dock with him, get them convicted and I'll think about looking into Gaddafi's death.

Right after hell freezes over.
Well, that's weird. I read through some of the comments in the Daily Mail after the horrific pictures shown over many pages, and hundreds of them were exact replicas of what you have posted here on this topic.

I suppose it makes sense, it's the view of the British masses and I may not agree with them, but respect their stance.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

really...do you actually give a toss what happened to this pig before he died. I guess if someone oppressed me my entire life I would have had no hesitation making the scumbag suffer the agony of all his victims before killing him.

oh, and what did he do to me ? simple He blew up one of my school mates and scattered him over various parts of Lockerbie
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
I have. Afghanistan shares a border with Iran, but is landlocked. All your troops and armour would have to be flown in, with all the planes vulnerable to Talib shooters with ground to airs, and all you columns would face guerrilla attacks long before they got to Iran.

I'm no military strategist, but that looks like madness to me.

Iraq, ok, got a border and a sea port, so that makes sense. Trouble is, you gotta ship all those troops and so on up a comparatively narrow waterway.

In the war games the yanks played against an American general taking the part of Saddam, he sank most of the big shipping with the loss of thousands of lives, simply by placing a few loyalists in fishing boats with a cheapo one shot, shoulder launched misslie. Whop one of those in at the waterline, and your multi million dollar aircraft carrier is suddenly relegated to being a fish action park, and the death toll from repeating the trick with a couple of troop carriers would damn soon quench America's taste for that war.
As you said Bil, you're no military strategist. Anyway Bil have you changed your mind on Afghanistan yet?

Last edited by licinius; Oct 21st 2011 at 8:44 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
Well, that's weird. I read through some of the comments in the Daily Mail after the horrific pictures shown over many pages, and hundreds of them were exact replicas of what you have posted here on this topic
The same was said of Saddam in Iraq. Then after he was removed from power all hell broke lose because it turned out that's the only way to keep the place in check.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EllisG
oh, and what did he do to me ? simple He blew up one of my school mates and scattered him over various parts of Lockerbie
Sorry Ellis but that wasn't Gaddafi it was Megrahi.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

The same was said of Saddam in Iraq. Then after he was removed from power all hell broke lose because it turned out that's the only way to keep the place in check.
cool with me..let em kill each other inside their own borders..wasn't planning a holiday in Benghazi anyway
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EllisG
cool with me..let em kill each other inside their own borders..wasn't planning a holiday in Benghazi anyway
Now that I do agree with! It's nothing to do with us so let's bring our troops home & let the middle east sort it's own problems out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.