British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   GADAFFI IS DEAD. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/gadaffi-dead-736335/)

tommy.irene Oct 20th 2011 4:50 pm

GADAFFI IS DEAD.

Gadaffi is dead .on sky news today..

bil Oct 20th 2011 6:29 pm

Re: GADAFFI IS DEAD.

Excellent. I rather liked the fact that he was found cowering like a rat in an actual drainpipe.

Bigger Jim Oct 20th 2011 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9686390)
Excellent. I rather liked the fact that he was found cowering like a rat in an actual drainpipe.

Was not the purpose of Nato getting involved to ensure that Gadaffi received a fair trial?

Jim

stuart from barnsley Oct 20th 2011 7:08 pm

Guess no one yelled "Gaddaffi duck"

twistedmelon Oct 20th 2011 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim (Post 9686452)
Was not the purpose of Nato getting involved to ensure that Gadaffi received a fair trial?

Jim

NATO got involved for the usual reasons OIL.
Gadaffi was given many opportunities to recieve a fair trial but chose not to.

bil Oct 20th 2011 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim (Post 9686452)

Jim

Dear god can you imagine the problems that might have caused? Far cheaper and easier this way.

bil Oct 20th 2011 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by twistedmelon (Post 9686474)

Surely not? I simply can't imagine how you came up with that idea.

Bigger Jim Oct 20th 2011 8:45 pm

Maybe he wasn't too far from the truth in rejecting them after all he never got one!!

Jim

bil Oct 20th 2011 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim (Post 9686625)
Maybe he wasn't too far from the truth in rejecting them after all he never got one!!

Jim

Seems fair to me.

licinius Oct 21st 2011 6:20 am

You people really have learned nothing from Iraq have you :thumbdown:

Come on then let's hear where would you like to invade next? As the middle east warzone spreads, the chances somebody you each know & love will become a casualty, then we'll see how much you support America's quest for world domination!

licinius Oct 21st 2011 6:22 am

Fair trial for what? You've already admitted the reason for war was oil. France & Italy had oil deals in place with the rebels three months before hostilities even began.

ononno Oct 21st 2011 7:36 am

:)A 'fair trial' would have been too embarassing for all concerned. There is no way he could have been allowed to survive.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

the troubadour Oct 21st 2011 7:46 am

Question being now of course is this present rag tag army of inexperienced folk can keep a nation of tribes together.
The future will tell if the demise of Gadaffi was in the best interests of Libya or not. Some very uncertain times ahead.

agoreira Oct 21st 2011 8:07 am

Originally Posted by licinius (Post 9687216)
You people really have learned nothing from Iraq have you :thumbdown:

Come on then let's hear where would you like to invade next? As the middle east warzone spreads, the chances somebody you each know & love will become a casualty,

Agree, I've said before, there are always far too many people willing to volunteer somebody else kids to go to war and be killed. If there was a chance they had to go, could be a different story.;) We are nowhere near big enough nor powerful enough to police the world, we're already punching well above our weight, whilst we are constantly in the front line, losing troops by the dozen, most of the EU troops are cowering somewhere in the background, tucked up in some holiday camp.

Dick Dasterdly Oct 21st 2011 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9686390)

It seems that your Human Rights pals are not very happy about the way he died and are demanding an investigation.

Just wondering which side of the fence you're on regarding this heinous crime,bil. ;)