Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fremasonry in Spain?

Fremasonry in Spain?

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fremasonry in Spain?

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
My Father was a Freemason in Persia, now Iran. He died in 1977 at the age of 70.

My mother is now 92 & lives alone in London, Uk. She has now developed short term memory loss. & it is getting worse. She has carers in twice a day, but they don't stay long.

I am wondering if there is any help my sister & I can get for her in London from the Freemason's. I live in Spain & my sister lives in Switzerland. So it is very difficult for us to get correct advice.

Unfortunately my mother gave back the apron after my father died, we could have got some clues from that as to where to start from the apron.

I know this is a long shot but if anyone has any ideas on whom to go to for advice from the Freemason's my sister & I would be very grateful.

Thank-you in advance.

Wendy x
Yes there is help. I can look into this for you, but I will need more information from you. I will PM you.

Graham
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I know there's an English one where I live because dh has been approached to join
Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:11 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

My Father was a Freemason in Persia, now Iran. He died in 1977 at the age of 70.

My mother is now 92 & lives alone in London, Uk. She has now developed short term memory loss. & it is getting worse. She has carers in twice a day, but they don't stay long.

I am wondering if there is any help my sister & I can get for her in London from the Freemason's. I live in Spain & my sister lives in Switzerland. So it is very difficult for us to get correct advice.

Unfortunately my mother gave back the apron after my father died, we could have got some clues from that as to where to start from the apron.

I know this is a long shot but if anyone has any ideas on whom to go to for advice from the Freemason's my sister & I would be very grateful.

Thank-you in advance.

Wendy x

Hi Wendy.
My Father was also in Iran. I have made a few inquiries and the web site you want is below.

http://www.nmsf.org/

It is a touch unusual in that the Apron has been handed back but it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Send them an e-mail and have a chat with them.

Good luck
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:14 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hi Wendy.
My Father was also in Iran. I have made a few inquiries and the web site you want is below.

It is a touch unusual in that the Apron has been handed back but it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Send them an e-mail and have a chat with them.

Good luck

But what about me...can I join or not?
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
But what about me...can I join or not?

I have already replied to that!

http://easternstar.org/

How ya doing babe?
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:35 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have already replied to that!

http://easternstar.org/

How ya doing babe?
Sorry chum...didn't read it before!

I am fine...still waiting for my PM though to find out how you got on with those studies...
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 5:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
Hoping to move to Spain soon. I was wondering if (UGLE) masonry was prevalent in Spain?
I spoke to a friend last night who is a Mason and he said that there are about 18 lodges in Andalucia alone.

There are about 8 English lodges as well as Spanish, Scandinavian etc. There are 3 in Nerja alone.

I don't think you will have too many problems finding one.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
I spoke to a friend last night who is a Mason and he said that there are about 18 lodges in Andalucia alone.

There are about 8 English lodges as well as Spanish, Scandinavian etc. There are 3 in Nerja alone.

I don't think you will have too many problems finding one.
Thanks Fred.

That is good news

Graham
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gray C
Yes there is help. I can look into this for you, but I will need more information from you. I will PM you.

Graham
Thank you Graham for your offer of help. It is very much appreciated.

I have sent you a pm.

Wendy x
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:36 pm
Straw Man.

Thank you Graham for your offer of help. It is very much appreciated.

I have sent you a pm.

Wendy x

Wendy did you catch the web link i posted?

I think it may prove to be helpful.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Wendy did you catch the web link i posted?

I think it may prove to be helpful.
Thank-you I did, I am now about to go onto in in a moment, but got to dish out the diner first as my husband in hungry !!!!!

Wendy x
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by poollounger
[snip]
The peception the non masonic public have is still one of a closed shop where insider deals and favours are condoned, where corrupt officials can seek support etc etc.
[snip]
They should fit right in into Spain without the need for changes then!

I'm sorry, just a joke/jibe that I couldn't resist.

I really know nothing at all about masons, other than the typical stereotyped image.

As for Spain, much of Spain operates without corruption, some is borderline and then there are the few rotten apples that stink up the patch so bad that it is hard to forget the smell. That said, I witnessed corruption in several places in the UK, firsthand. What can be said about Spain, is that corruption can often be seen in plain sight whereas in the UK, things were far more underhand. At least that's my experience of it.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I find it amazing how so many non masonic people are so much more knowledgable (moreso than freemasons themselves) regarding Freemasonry through reading newspaper articles and watching movies. My mother and her other children would also find this amusing.

I was always led to believe that Freemasonry is NOT a secret society...however it is a society with secrets... and it is most definately NOT a bigoted society.....I am reliably informed.

have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Rushman; Dec 4th 2006 at 12:03 am.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rushman
I find it amazing how so many non masonic people are so much more knowledgable (moreso than freemasons themselves) regarding Freemasonry through reading newspaper articles and watching movies. My mother and her other children would also find this amusing.

I was always led to believe that Freemasonry is NOT a secret society...however it is a society with secrets... and it is most definately NOT a bigoted society.....I am reliably informed.

have a wonderful day.
Well said

SMIB
Old Dec 4th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=rugbymatt]Hi Wendy.

Hi rugbymatt, where & when was your father in Iran? My father worked for A.I.O.C part of BP, I was born there, in a place called Masj-id-Suliman.

Wendy x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.