F1 thread.

Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Don't worry, Alonso will make light work of the Toyotas to pass the Hamilton-Heidfield-Raikkonnen crash on the first corner
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:08 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

what's going on here then??
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:36 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

The plot thickens.

On Spanish radio they've reported a lot of goings on from the team bosses, drivers and mechanics this morning. People from the Alonso camp are not happy that he's the one bearing the public brunt of the mess whilst internally the blame has been placed firmly at the door of the Hamilton camp. Hamilton is alleged to have privately apologised to Alonso.

McLaren are not really handling the situation between their drivers at all well. This should have been laid to rest months ago. It's going to get uglier. Can't see Alonso staying beyond this season.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The plot thickens.

On Spanish radio they've reported a lot of goings on from the team bosses, drivers and mechanics this morning. People from the Alonso camp are not happy that he's the one bearing the public brunt of the mess whilst internally the blame has been placed firmly at the door of the Hamilton camp. Hamilton is alleged to have privately apologised to Alonso.

McLaren are not really handling the situation between their drivers at all well. This should have been laid to rest months ago. It's going to get uglier. Can't see Alonso staying beyond this season.
I second that.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:45 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

But to be honest Hamilton IS perfoming. Its not all team tactics, lets be honest .... hes had podiums most of the time.
Hamilton certainly didn't look in an apologetic mood at the press conference! I wouldn't be suprised if he apologised to Ron Dennis though, as apparantly heated words were exchanged.

H: "Dont you ever ******* do that to me again"
D: "Dont you ever speak to me like that again
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:54 am
Straw Man.

So how pissed off do you think Alonso is now he has lost pole?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:55 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
But to be honest Hamilton IS perfoming. Its not all team tactics, lets be honest .... hes had podiums most of the time.
Hamilton certainly didn't look in an apologetic mood at the press conference! I wouldn't be suprised if he apologised to Ron Dennis though, as apparantly heated words were exchanged.

H: "Dont you ever ******* do that to me again"
D: "Dont you ever speak to me like that again

Cheeky little bugger!! Becoming a bit of a Prima Donna, methinks. Check out his assessment of the situation:

Hamilton admitted that he disobeyed team orders but had felt there was still enough time for both he and Alonso to squeeze in the extra lap.

"I didn't want to mess up my opportunity by changing places or whatever there was to do, and be open to being overtaken by Kimi (Raikkonen) and losing my place," the Briton said.

"Then it would have not allowed me to get an extra lap. So that's why we had the disagreement, because I didn't agree with it and I didn't do what they wanted me to do."

According to The Times, Hamilton stormed up to Dennis saying: "Don't ever f****** do that to me again!"

Dennis replied with: "Don't ever f****** speak to me like that again!"

To which Hamilton said: "Go f****** swivel!"

Says it all really. Try that in work with your boss tomorrow morning - see how far you get!!!

Last edited by Fortaleza; Aug 5th 2007 at 10:58 am.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:14 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So how pissed off do you think Alonso is now he has lost pole?
Very Should make for a good race
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Very Should make for a good race

I refer you to my earlier post about Toyotas, three-way crash and victorious Alonso

I'm on my way to bar now to catch the start but I'm on cooking duties as Brother in Law & latest squeeze are coming round so can't stay long. Tried to put them off with excuses like don't come 'til 4 as the food needs time to cook etc, but he aint buying it!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:54 pm

Git!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Git!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:16 pm
Senior Moment

Incidentally, see the date for the 2008 Grand Prix has been announced at Valencia ...... must get tickets
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:59 pm
Straw Man.

Git!!!!!
You and me both, but then I would have said the same if Alonso did it!

I think the one thing we can all agree on though is that Damon Hill is definitely no natural public speaker!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

I must admit, I was cheering for Alonso.

Got nothing against Hamilton. I just hate the media attention. We British are so desperate for sporting success that we hammer on about him all the time. We are just setting him up for a big fall.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:03 pm
Straw Man.

Are there NO Ferrari fans on here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.