Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Euro about to crash..?

Euro about to crash..?

Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:50 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all
Default Re: Euro about to crash..?

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Now you can follow the ups and downs with this chart.
http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eu...ph-gbp.en.html
That's a great web page, thank you.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:24 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johncar61
That's a great web page, thank you.

Found it through a discussion about the Greek situation.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to watch it in real time over the period of one day then try this

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...3/intraday.stm
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Euro about to crash..?

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you want to watch it in real time over the period of one day then try this

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/f...3/intraday.stm
Thats the one I log on to every morning and refresh periodically thro the day. However I think most FX brokers fix a rate for small trades early in the day and try to offer that to all comers for the next 12 hours you have to push and quote what you see on the screen to get them to up their rates. 4X is one that lets you trade live and we have noticed that tuesday and thursday at about 11am is when the rate picks a few points. Yesterday the rate peaked again at about 11 at 1.1555 and we get 50 clicks ofrf that with Rational so if we had wanted to trade we could have asked for 1.15 and seen what they offered. Trading on 4X is very tense but I suppose you could get used to it in time but life is short so I don´t think I want to be an amature trader just now.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 3:43 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Wow is me. Wow is you.. the end is nigh !!

DAILY MAIL REPORTS: "Collapse of the euro is 'inevitable': "

What a cheerful Forum this is !!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:08 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by londonxfm
looks like we might be back with the euro at 1.50 to the pound in a few weeks
They need to confine the Euro to history before the pit gets any deeper given the fiscal state of some of the economies in the EU and that want to enter.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:21 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Wow is me. Wow is you.. the end is nigh !!

DAILY MAIL REPORTS: "Collapse of the euro is 'inevitable': "

What a cheerful Forum this is !!

Good news maybe for thopse with their income in sterling.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:42 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Surely if the euro dropped significantly this could be a good thing for those countries in the eurozone?? cheaper exports and theres a fair amount of exports coming out of germany, it could also encourage investment, businesses to set up manufacturing plants and it would encourage the tourists and xpats/immigrants back???... and most importantly, it would be better for me!!! - As long as it doesnt take the pound down with it - which, as Britain is in the EU, it could!!?

Jo xxx
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val001
More rubbish on this thread. It is not like betting on the horses. There are people working in the money markets who know a lot more than you or me.:
Yet I know at least a dozen people who predicted this crash and subsequent recession.... I wonder why the "experts" failed to not only see it but also prepare the markets and economies for it? Strange....
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

... and another thing.... why is it a silly thread? There are people out in Spain who are arse to the wall and what happens to the markets and in the end their money makes a whole world of difference!
Old Feb 13th 2010, 8:52 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

When I started reading about the PIGS, my hopes were raised. Selfishly, I would like nothing better than the Euro to crash. My income is in pounds, and it has fallen by 30% over the past two years.

But the reality is that the Euro today stands at 1.15, and I’m still 30% down.

I was in a Spanish bar yesterday lunchtime, a small one with four Spanish pensioners sitting at the bar discussing Greece, bandidos, malos and Zapatero, when the music from Zorba (Never on a Sunday) started playing.

The four pensioners got off their seats, faced the audience, crossed their arms and started, four steps to the left, kick, four steps to the right, kick, all executed with straight faces.

My wife and I were mesmerised and nearly fell off our chairs laughing. There’s a lot of malos around, but without a sense of humour, you’re dead.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:06 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
When I started reading about the PIGS, my hopes were raised. Selfishly, I would like nothing better than the Euro to crash. My income is in pounds, and it has fallen by 30% over the past two years.

But the reality is that the Euro today stands at 1.15, and I’m still 30% down.

I was in a Spanish bar yesterday lunchtime, a small one with four Spanish pensioners sitting at the bar discussing Greece, bandidos, malos and Zapatero, when the music from Zorba (Never on a Sunday) started playing.

The four pensioners got off their seats, faced the audience, crossed their arms and started, four steps to the left, kick, four steps to the right, kick, all executed with straight faces.

My wife and I were mesmerised and nearly fell off our chairs laughing. There’s a lot of malos around, but without a sense of humour, you’re dead.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Silvery is an unknown quantity at this point

This all really illustrates the folly of the eurozone doesn't it? People in 'strong' countries are subject to the vagaries of those in 'weak' countries and they can't do anything about it. Countries should be in control of their own response to fiscal conditions and the state of their own economies.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:26 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silvery
This all really illustrates the folly of the eurozone doesn't it? People in 'strong' countries are subject to the vagaries of those in 'weak' countries and they can't do anything about it. Countries should be in control of their own response to fiscal conditions and the state of their own economies.
Yes, but the economy of northern England, or Scotland (or even Cornwall) is vastly different to that of the south-east, and especially London. Where does it end???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.