Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Euro about to crash..?

Euro about to crash..?

Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default Re: Euro about to crash..? rubbish

utter twaddle.

Please read this, its a more balanced view................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8508688.stm

The euro is not going to crash, it may level out a little but its decline has been steady, believe me, i watch markets for a hobby, a bit weird but there you go. Dont worry THE EURO IS NOT GOING TO CRASH.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default Re: Euro about to crash..?

Originally Posted by Val001
At the moment they say on the news that it is only France and Germany who are likely to help Greece. The pound is weak anyway. Anyone who is expecting a ROE of 1.50 is living in cloud cuckoo land. Come back to the real world please
in 100% agreement with you. What silly thread this is.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:48 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
utter twaddle.

The euro is not going to crash, it may level out a little but its decline has been steady, believe me, i watch markets for a hobby, a bit weird but there you go. Dont worry THE EURO IS NOT GOING TO CRASH.

You maybe right or not????? but I dont believe anyone knows what will happen - Its like betting on the geegees. Anything could happen

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

More rubbish on this thread. It is not like betting on the horses. There are people working in the money markets who know a lot more than you or me. I suggest you consult them if you don't believe what others have said on this thread. I watch the exchange rates every day and consult the experts when I am considering exchanging large sums of money. I suggest you do the same.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by painterhombre
utter twaddle.

what are you talking about,you have no idea how the market works,Greeces deficit is at 12.7%,four times higher than is allowed in a eurozone,the only sensible solution is to devalue the euro, I predict a drop of approx 32% based on the figures they have quoted...
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by londonxfm
what are you talking about,you have no idea how the market works,Greeces deficit is at 12.7%,four times higher than is allowed in a eurozone,the only sensible solution is to devalue the euro, I predict a drop of approx 32% based on the figures they have quoted...
If France and Germany bail them out they won't have a deficit will they. I have spoken to Moneycorp today and they don't anticipate any major movement at the moment
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

If France and Germany bail them out they won't have a deficit will they. I have spoken to Moneycorp today and they don't anticipate any major movement at the moment
If the employess at Moneycorp actually knew what was going to happen, they'd all be millionaires!

And londonxfm, yes Greece is in terrible trouble. But just to remind you, the UK's deficit is a high 7.1% and its national debt as a proportion of GDP is among the highest in the world
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

More rubbish on this thread. It is not like betting on the horses. There are people working in the money markets who know a lot more than you or me. I suggest you consult them if you don't believe what others have said on this thread. I watch the exchange rates every day and consult the experts when I am considering exchanging large sums of money. I suggest you do the same.
OOOeerr,
The OP said their source came from Rupert Murdoch, trusting him would be like betting on the horses.
A tad moderation in your tone maybe more helpful.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

I say what I think thats all - freedom of speech and all that.

The latest : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8508688.stm
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Considering how the economic experts, the best financial brains in the world, have all got it so wrong over the last two years, anyone who has commented on this thread so far has every chance of being right.

I’m going to stick with the OP and the 1.50 Euros to the pound in only a few weeks time and I don’t care if he doesn’t have a degree in economics – Lehmans only employed people with a degree in economics and see where it got them.

George W Bush said, “That sucker’s going down,” and we all thought he was talking about Lehmans; he wasn’t, he was talking about the Euro, he was just a couple of years out.

I don’t care about smilies either, I can’t work them, and if people think I’m being serious, I don’t mind.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:00 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I watch it too and "play" a bit here and there and - no one is able to predict with any accuracy where it is all heading from one day to the next. I've made some and I've lost some. The one definate in all of it is, just when it looks clear cut - something unexpected happens.

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the performance of your "experts" over the last couple of years you may as well toss a coin, you probably got more chance of being right!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

What needs to be remembered here is that not all of the EEC is in the eurozone.
The countries outside of eurozone have quietly but strongly made it known that they will not contribute directly or indirectly to a bailout of a eurozone country when the reason for it is to prop up the euro.

France and Germany don't want intervention from the IMF as this could signal even more weakness in the finacial markets and with investors.

They will instead do some back door dealings like favourable trade, restructuring dept payments and trying to advance the Greek EEC aid program.

Markets tend to kneejerk a little but in the case of the euro there seems to have been a lot of bad news buried or not reported over the last 2 years. Whereas the pound and dollar have been very transparent. The fact is the euro was a little too high for their comfort and the dollar and pound too low so perhaps the re-adjustment has started.

As other posters said who knows.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:15 am
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
But the UK will have to pump in the same money, only in pounds.
So how will that make the € slump ?
This made me wonder.

When UK get a 'tax bill' from Europe (contributions to the EU) are they assessed in Euros or Pounds ?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:45 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Now you can follow the ups and downs with this chart.
http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eu...ph-gbp.en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.