Euro about to crash..?

Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Euro about to crash..?

looks like we might be back with the euro at 1.50 to the pound in a few weeks
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:04 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro about to crash..?

Mervyn wont like that!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonxfm
Dose that mean there will be a mass exodous of Brits making their way to Spain!!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:20 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Cor, I wish it was true. I fancy another trip to Las Vegas, but this time I’ll give that Little White Chapel a wide berth.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you get that info from?

The Wall Street Journal was reporting on the poor performance of the pound this week. They were suprised it dropped against the euro even though Greece's economy has gone bust.

They said this proved inherant weaknesses in the pound sterling.

Plus some good Euro news, on the Spanish news this morning, an American guy from the Standard and Poors rating agency apologised for saying last week that Spain's economy is "going to go the same way as Greece's" and that it is "not as bad as he first thought". If I understood correctly Spanish debt is going to get upgraded to the highest rating again.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cricketman
Where did you get that info from?

The Wall Street Journal was reporting on the poor performance of the pound this week. They were suprised it dropped against the euro even though Greece's economy has gone bust.

They said this proved inherant weaknesses in the pound sterling.

Plus some good Euro news, on the Spanish news this morning, an American guy from the Standard and Poors rating agency apologised for saying last week that Spain's economy is "going to go the same way as Greece's" and that it is "not as bad as he first thought". If I understood correctly Spanish debt is going to get upgraded to the highest rating again.
the future for the euro is devalue, abandon or a bail out by the wealthier countries,(Germany and France),I'm quoting sky news here in case you want to know where this information is from,should be fun,
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

the future for the euro is devalue, abandon or a bail out by the wealthier countries,(Germany and France),I'm quoting sky news here in case you want to know where this information is from,should be fun,
Oh I forgot Rupert Murdoch was the all seeing eye
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the process of transferring funds to my spanish account as soon going to be completing on my house purchase out there. I am using Moneycorp for this and have just rung them to get some info from the people in the know. They do not see much upward or downward movement in the Euro in the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Oh I forgot Rupert Murdoch was the all seeing eye

Of course, he'll save us all.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:27 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Mervyn wont like that!!!!

Jo xxx
Oh yes I will.

(Mervyn Hopkins)
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so if it does get to such heady heights, do I change my pounds to €s straight away or wait and see?

I don't have loads of money, but when I sold my flat back in the UK I left the money in sterling. It might one day help me to buy somthing here.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is that we are in the EC and if Spain, Portgual, Greece need to be bailed out our contributions will be involved which could be why the pound is not stronger against the euro, disappointingly.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
The fact is that we are in the EC and if Spain, Portgual, Greece need to be bailed out our contributions will be involved which could be why the pound is not stronger against the euro, disappointingly.
Some sense at last
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val001
Some sense at last
But the UK will have to pump in the same money, only in pounds.
So how will that make the € slump ?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

At the moment they say on the news that it is only France and Germany who are likely to help Greece. The pound is weak anyway. Anyone who is expecting a ROE of 1.50 is living in cloud cuckoo land. Come back to the real world please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.