Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English speaking jobs in Spain

English speaking jobs in Spain

Old Mar 14th 2021, 5:32 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English speaking jobs in Spain

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Spanish police have always done that . If you can’t prove who you are you are taken to the police station or your hotel or house to get your passport or any over document to prove who you are. Especially if a crime has been committed.
Quite right to do that
Old Mar 14th 2021, 6:04 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
you can argue all you like - as is the case with the "residency denied" thread. It´s what you can prove that counts.
If someone shows them their passport and it has no Schengen area stamps in it, there's no difference between someone who's overstayed since last year and has no intention of applying for residency and someone who's living in Spain since last year but has not yet got round to applying for residency before the deadline.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen many Brits back home that voted Leave in order to take back control of their borders (whatever they thought this entails), and complain they can’t stay longer than 90 days anymore - they actually think it’s solely at the feet of the Spanish government...?

There are genuinely not so bright individuals who cannot / will not see the impact of their actions. I thibk this is a genuine post, the OP got a dose of the reality that is post Brexit and it’s left a families head spinning.

I saw a documentary on YT by a prominent credit rating agency that said Spain is in trouble due to its lack of job creation / unemployment that can’t be sustained by its current market. Once in the black it’s now deeply in red and no sight out. A pension deficit for citizens is looking dire due to the saturation of companies mostly trying to get on the foreign property portfolio with handsome construction loans.

I definitely will retire here (41) but there is little chance I’d invest myself in working for a Spanish company for a Spanish pension. Thankfully my company had agreed to pay via a third party accountancy firm that gives me a Spanish payroll.

ive had plenty of good interviews only to be offered some 15-17k less than what I’d be earning in the U.K. The opportunity to progress is there but to wait maybe 1-3 years is not something I could personally afford.

Life is good in Spain, don’t get me wrong but not not worth the grind for the pesetas you get in return. I don’t think many people realise this.