Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Dunkirk evacuation for expats OTT

Dunkirk evacuation for expats OTT

Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:28 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dunkirk evacuation for expats OTT

What makes you think we'd want you back? You'd only be moaning about the weather.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:33 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the weather in the UK yesterday and today I should imagine that most people in the UK are moaning about it!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Looking at the weather in the UK yesterday and today I should imagine that most people in the UK are moaning about it!
Not me, it won't do any good! It hasn't stopped me going out walking every day, and although it's been windy, it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the UK seems to be getting. I'm not the only mad one, locally there is both a Boxing Day Swim and a New Years Day Swim and both had tremendous crowds. The NYDS had over 1,600 people swimming (no, I'm not that mad!) and over 7,000 watching, and despite dire weather it never seemed to deter anyone. The last few days I've been photographing otters, surfers (some brilliant surf for the hardy youngsters), crashing seascapes, and today walking along local beaches and just come in from some night photography. It'll need to be a lot worse than this to keep me in, I go stir crazy indoors! And whatever the weather is doing outside, it'll always be toasty indoors.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:00 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not me, it won't do any good! It hasn't stopped me going out walking every day, and although it's been windy, it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the UK seems to be getting. I'm not the only mad one, locally there is both a Boxing Day Swim and a New Years Day Swim and both had tremendous crowds. The NYDS had over 1,600 people swimming (no, I'm not that mad!) and over 7,000 watching, and despite dire weather it never seemed to deter anyone. The last few days I've been photographing otters, surfers (some brilliant surf for the hardy youngsters), crashing seascapes, and today walking along local beaches and just come in from some night photography. It'll need to be a lot worse than this to keep me in, I go stir crazy indoors! And whatever the weather is doing outside, it'll always be toasty indoors.
It sounds exactly the same as Galicia, orange alert for the high winds, and raining and fffrrrreeeeezing.

Great to watch the waves from the prom.....
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I bloody am!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:25 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

This morning I was thinking of renting out the house for a few thousand and going somewhere warmer. But then I decided that it wasn't worth it for a few degrees higher and the wind has disappeared now Anyway at least I have a choice

Was bloody awful though in the night. I remember during our first winter here last year I said to OH that it didn't get any wind like the CDS My area came out tops in a survey of the best places to live in the UK. One of the indicators was the weather...you could have fooled me
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
This morning I was thinking of renting out the house for a few thousand and going somewhere warmer. But then I decided that it wasn't worth it for a few degrees higher and the wind has disappeared now Anyway at least I have a choice

Was bloody awful though in the night. I remember during our first winter here last year I said to OH that it didn't get any wind like the CDS My area came out tops in a survey of the best places to live in the UK. One of the indicators was the weather...you could have fooled me
If it's any consolation to you it's bloody windy here right now, I can hear the gazebo rattling about up on the roof terrace.

It's been this way every night for a couple of weeks now, the strange thing is that through the day there is no wind and it's 20c in the shade.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:59 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
If it's any consolation to you it's bloody windy here right now, I can hear the gazebo rattling about up on the roof terrace.

It's been this way every night for a couple of weeks now, the strange thing is that through the day there is no wind and it's 20c in the shade.
well we are not getting the winds, the day temp is 18-19 in the sun, dropping to 1-2 at night, sometimes a bit of frosting. No clouds in the sky at night, a few mares tails in the day, more contrails than clouds.

already the locals are complaining there is no sign of rain and we could be heading for a drought this year..
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:36 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino

already the locals are complaining there is no sign of rain and we could be heading for a drought this year..
That could be a real problem here if it doesn't rain soon and none is forecast for a week or more.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm.... 15.45 here now.

Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:53 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Mmmm.... 15.45 here now.

is that the count down for the evacuation ??
Old Jan 6th 2012, 2:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

is that the count down for the evacuation ??
No, just to let Mitzy know what he is missing
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:01 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Must be colder where you live, a friend says it's 25 in marbella

Bit different from when I was there, it pissed it down every January
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

well we are not getting the winds, the day temp is 18-19 in the sun, dropping to 1-2 at night, sometimes a bit of frosting. No clouds in the sky at night, a few mares tails in the day, more contrails than clouds.

I've said the same thing myself lately, especially after a visit the other day to the lakes just up the road from us....
The three lakes are at a frighteningly low level for the time of year, we do need the winter rains or we will be in trouble come the summer!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 8:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No, just to let Mitzy know what he is missing
It's just not fair!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.