Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:43 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Originally Posted by jdr
Cutting the quote to suit your reply is naughty.
Only where there is intent to decieve. I merely made the point that a lot of water selling is a pure con. Wasn't it Coke that were trying to sell Thames water as something special?

BTW, if as you posted I have said that a cup of coffee in the morning is all the fluid you needed all day, point it out and I will pay £100 to the charity of your choice.

Put up or shut up.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Only where there is intent to decieve. I merely made the point that a lot of water selling is a pure con. Wasn't it Coke that were trying to sell Thames water as something special?

BTW, if as you posted I have said that a cup of coffee in the morning is all the fluid you needed all day, point it out and I will pay £100 to the charity of your choice.

Put up or shut up.
You do come across as quite aggressive sometimes you know Bill.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:50 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You do come across as quite aggressive sometimes you know Bill.
I require someone to verify what they post and it's agressive? My understanding always was that you shouldn't be a naughty boy and post porkies.

I'm saying that jdr has basically got his panties in a wad, and having been shown up is resorting to childish abuse and posting porkies.

He only has to post where I said what he is claiming and I'll apologise and pay up.

Nothing aggressive there so no need to throw yourself in as his protector, unless of course you too realise that he has got it so very wrong.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I require someone to verify what they post and it's agressive? My understanding always was that you shouldn't be a naughty boy and post porkies.

I'm saying that jdr has basically got his panties in a wad, and having been shown up is resorting to childish abuse and posting porkies.

He only has to post where I said what he is claiming and I'll apologise and pay up.

Nothing aggressive there so no need to throw yourself in as his protector, unless of course you too realise that he has got it so very wrong.
It may take a while to delve though all your crap posts about dehydration is not a major problem, but i will have a look and I promise to put the whole quote in and not an edited one. lol
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:00 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
It may take a while to delve though all your crap posts about dehydration is not a major problem, but i will have a look and I promise to put the whole quote in and not an edited one. lol
I will be waiting.

Presumably if you can't find it then there will be an apology posted and a similar payment to the charity of my choice?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:01 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

So if I was stood face to face with you and you said something like... "Put up or shut up" you would expect me to be happy and walk away chastised would you?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Any kiddies charity will do Bil. HERE

The bit about :

Out of curiosity I tried a test. On really hot days I have drunk very little except strong black coffee, and not so much of that. I monitored urine colour, and how I felt throughout the day. I was carrying out physical work for most of the day, but nothing flogging, fixing a window, doing a bit of cementing repair and some garden work involving weeding and some digging. The temps were about 35C.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:08 am
Straw Man.

jdr, remind me I owe you Karma will you?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:20 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Well thats a turn around, you spent a whole thread telling us a black coffee in the morning would do, and the need to drink water was a con by the drink sellers.
That's what you said.

At no point did I say that a black coffee in the morning was all you needed.

I never specified a single cup, or even a single session.

Better give Mat the karma refund.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:21 am
Straw Man.

So is there any chance we can get back on topic?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:24 am
bil
Banned

So is there any chance we can get back on topic?
About time too.

So what are we going to do with this issue, now that we have established it truly is an issue?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:27 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
About time too.

So what are we going to do with this issue, now that we have established it truly is an issue?
What do you think YOU or I could do Bill? Nothing we do will make a blind bit of difference, as I said on another thread the other day.... you have two camps in the UK. The ones who are letting the "crisis" get to them, go round moaning about it, complaining they can't find work, whining that they are broke (yet happily sit all day on a forum) or you have the type of people who just get on with it, try and make the best of it and hope that, while the shit is hitting the fan all around them, they might, if they are lucky, come out of the other end with some sanity and a little grace.....
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:31 am
bil
Banned

What do you think YOU or I could do Bill? Nothing we do will make a blind bit of difference, as I said on another thread the other day.... you have two camps in the UK. The ones who are letting the "crisis" get to them, go round moaning about it, complaining they can't find work, whining that they are broke (yet happily sit all day on a forum) or you have the type of people who just get on with it, try and make the best of it and hope that, while the shit is hitting the fan all around them, they might, if they are lucky, come out of the other end with some sanity and a little grace.....
Thank god for that. I was for a moment worried. That's probably the most succinct comment I have heard yet on the subject. I keep wondering why all the posts when as you say there is sod all anyone here can do about it, hence my comments about people geting off on publically wringing their hands over it.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
That's what you said.

At no point did I say that a black coffee in the morning was all you needed.

I never specified a single cup, or even a single session.

Better give Mat the karma refund.
Can you not read your own post about you and a cup of coffee, you are welching on a promise to donate to the kids, you are nothing but a bag of shite.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:26 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Can you not read your own post about you and a cup of coffee, you are welching on a promise to donate to the kids, you are nothing but a bag of shite.
Grow up and get the wad out of your panties dear. You claimed I said a cup of coffee was enough. I said just coffee and not that much was enough.

There is a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.