Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Wikiposts

Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:45 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doom and Gloom in the UK and around the world

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
You would think they would be used to it, wouldn't you, anyone would think it was a surprise that it was going to be hot in summer in Spain! And they also say "que frio" every day in winter, even when the temperature is a relatively (compared to the UK) balmy 14 degrees! I just smile and agree!
I explain how few sunny days we get in the UK, and they think I am kidding.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I explain how few sunny days we get in the UK, and they think I am kidding.
Ahh, but you are having a heatwave now, national emergency isn't it? You'll have the army on the streets before long. God forbid it goes over 30 degrees, who knows what will happen!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I must admit that English heat is not as bearable in my opinion, it's really muggy and sticky! Let's face it, there are people in both countries who just moan about everything, any excuse for a good whinge!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:58 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ahh, but you are having a heatwave now, national emergency isn't it? You'll have the army on the streets before long. God forbid it goes over 30 degrees, who knows what will happen!
30 degrees and the humidity, I feel like death having to go out and work. It wouldn't be so bad in the shade with a long cold drink.

If it gets worse I shall simply get up earlier, work first thing and last thing and sit in the shade during the heat of the day.

Rocket science it ain't.

Oh yes, announcement on the TV yesterday. To stave off dehydration, apparantly you should drink fluids.

Now who'da thunk 'a that?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't it just used to be called summer? Why heatwave?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oh yes, announcement on the TV yesterday. To stave off dehydration, apparantly you should drink fluids.

Oh my God ...... now why the hell didn't I think of that
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:48 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh my God ...... now why the hell didn't I think of that
Yeah, me too. Like a true Grumpy Old Man, I was shouting 'No sh*t Sherlock?' at the screen and the idiot hiding behind it.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
30 degrees and the humidity, I feel like death having to go out and work. It wouldn't be so bad in the shade with a long cold drink.

If it gets worse I shall simply get up earlier, work first thing and last thing and sit in the shade during the heat of the day.

Rocket science it ain't.

Well thats a turn around, you spent a whole thread telling us a black coffee in the morning would do, and the need to drink water was a con by the drink sellers.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:11 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Well thats a turn around, you spent a whole thread telling us a black coffee in the morning would do, and the need to drink water was a con by the drink sellers.

Oh dear. Have we gone into a petulant little sulk? I can't help it if you post crap. If you do, you have to expect to have it corrected.

I said that it was sad that there was so much ignorance surrounding how much fluids were needed, and what type. I pointed out how coffee and tea were perfectly hydrating, and you wouldn't die from dehydrating if you got more than 5 feet from a water source, despite what so many seemed to think.

There is a lot of inaccurate, foolish thinking and you seem to want to be known as its patron saint.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:17 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

HA... brilliant!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oh dear. Have we gone into a petulant little sulk? I can't help it if you post crap. If you do, you have to expect to have it corrected.

I said that it was sad that there was so much ignorance surrounding how much fluids were needed, and what type. I pointed out how coffee and tea were perfectly hydrating, and you wouldn't die from dehydrating if you got more than 5 feet from a water source, despite what so many seemed to think.

There is a lot of inaccurate, foolish thinking and you seem to want to be known as its patron saint.
Admit it you stuffed yourself here again.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:35 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
the need to drink water was a con by the drink sellers.

Me, I drink tap water that is effectively free. I'd say that paying over a pound for a glass of water when you can get a glass of tap water for nothing if you ask means that you have been well and truly conned.

Try and keep up.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:37 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Admit it you stuffed yourself here again.

You get it wrong and I'm stuffed? Geeze.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
Me, I drink tap water that is effectively free. I'd say that paying over a pound for a glass of water when you can get a glass of tap water for nothing if you ask means that you have been well and truly conned.

Try and keep up.
Cutting the quote to suit your reply is naughty.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
You get it wrong and I'm stuffed? Geeze.
Time you had a lay down mate, re-read your posts tomorrow after a rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.