Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old May 17th 2019, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Mazzaniku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

So Im going to come to martos and I don't want it to be a wasted journey! So I need to try and gather as much info as possible from you lovely people of martos!

I'm looking at buying and reforming but I need to also consider properties that have been reformed to unreforemed and the cost and effort difference.

Please can anyone advise a rough guide if you reformed on the main things such as roof electrics and plumbing and who you used.

Also if anyone has children that you have enrolled in the local primary and secondary and what your experiences have been.

Much love ❤️

Old May 18th 2019, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there is so much choice in property. SO MUCH. You can but a property from 15 k to 70k. all depends what you want. there are a few builders there some are quiet good. ash / Mohammed is ok of Thomas a 20 something year old who speaks English are ok and the expat community all use them. and a few builder companies easy to find when you are there. it is impossible to guide you on the type of property you really need to be there and see them. i do not know anything about enrolling kids in school. the best advice i can give is just go and see. if you contact Diego or Daryl at undiscovered Spain he will guide you around the property's so you can see for your self. also Carmen in the library is a good English speaker and should be able to help you in enrolling your kid in school. sorry i am Ireland sorting out my fathers house now, a long drawen out prosses in Ireland . but if i was there i would meet you and show you around but cant . Good luck in what ever you decide but go and see what you think and make up your own mind,
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
does anyone have recommendations for trades people in martos specifically looking for electrician and plumber/gas engineer.
Thanks Jon
Old Sep 30th 2019, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Winston2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have just put a deposit on a house near Martos in a place called las casillas we are hoping to move in Feb when I retire we will be looking for initial help in Spanish lessons and general help and advice on things like satellite set up companies buying a vehicle getting logs etc etc basically any pointers to help out. we have two wood burners but may change to pellet burners.
We chose the area due to the size of the property and price and the stunning views of the lake and surrounding area we also want to be part of the Spanish community but would like to touch base every now and then with expats.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

LR2019UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, just bought in Martos last month, only been here once so a bit of an impulse/gut feeling situation. Similar to others, bought a house that needs some tlc so any recommendations on builders/handymen would be much appreciated 😊 (looking a builder who can do a day or two here & there rather than a company to quote all of it! ) tia
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

laurenchalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you but my husband and I are about to buy in Martos through Diego and Derryl, how do you find them and what is it like out there? Thank you
Old Apr 13th 2020, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

LR2019UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laurenchalk
Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you but my husband and I are about to buy in Martos through Diego and Derryl, how do you find them and what is it like out there? Thank you
Hi, that’s exciting. I’ve only been over twice now due to obvious recent events! It’s a lovely place, I’ve a met a few expats and they’re really friendly and helpful! The second time I came over I liked it more and more every day I was there! Things are a lot slower in Spain than the uk in regard to communication which is slightly frustrating but glad I bought in Martos and can’t wait to get back out there and get stuck in!!! 😊
Old Apr 14th 2020, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gail01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

We have been looking not too far from there. Must take a proper look when the lockdown lifts. If anyone is available to give further info please do private message me. Tia
Old Apr 17th 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Sue and chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my husband and I are looking for a house to buy in Martos. We have millions of question but are wondering, from the UK (london) what have you found to be the best ways to travel out? Which airports? Transfer options? Etc. Thinking we would like to come out for one long weekend every month. Very excited.com. thanks in advance Suzanne & Chris
Old Apr 18th 2020, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Malaga airport is the one with the most flights and I have never used any transfer options apart from renting a car.
I think there might be one bus a day going that way, but not sure. I'd expect any taxi/transfer would be a couple of hundred Euros.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sue and chris
Hi all, my husband and I are looking for a house to buy in Martos. We have millions of question but are wondering, from the UK (london) what have you found to be the best ways to travel out? Which airports? Transfer options? Etc. Thinking we would like to come out for one long weekend every month. Very excited.com. thanks in advance Suzanne & Chris
We live near to Alcaudete and before the lockdown there were buses from Alcaudete to Granada, then onto Malaga. Some people hire a car from Malaga to our area.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Sue and chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ricardoylucia
We live near to Alcaudete and before the lockdown there were buses from Alcaudete to Granada, then onto Malaga. Some people hire a car from Malaga to our area.
ok many thanks
Old Aug 9th 2020, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Victoria Rosalind is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi is there anybody on this thread still active?
I can see some posts are quite old.
Thanks
Victoria
Old Aug 10th 2020, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. And I bet there's more than me.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Victoria Rosalind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark604
Yes. And I bet there's more than me.
Hi, I am in the process of buying a house in martos. Do you know the best way to get from the airport to martos?

​​​​​​Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.