Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

i am in ireland at the moment but will be back soonengot martos
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

westbank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
i am in ireland at the moment but will be back soonengot martos
I'm over for a week to do some painting and tidying up
will be back over in summer
Old Apr 4th 2019, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by westbank
I'm over for a week to do some painting and tidying up
will be back over in summer
i an still stuck in ireland worst luck. but i will be back soon message me when you are coming back again. will show you around. and where you can get a pint not a glass
Old May 3rd 2019, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

molly1664 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martos folks
this has to be the longest thread I have come across on the forum and I have read it several times! Such good info/advice being given. We are almost at the point of making an offer, just need to decided which out of a couple of properties is best for us. Two questions for you all:
1 need recommendation for an English speaking lawyer
2 is it a dog friendly area

thanks
Old May 4th 2019, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

well welcome to martos and the page yes it is a very good dog friendly area in the whole
as to a lawyer you need to find one that you trust only not going to give recommendation here
Old May 5th 2019, 8:49 am
Just Joined

LeeLorraineFaye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Molly 1664,
" Go for it - its a great town"

We bought a house in Martos a couple of months ago !!

We used Diego&Derryl from "Undiscovered Spain" and found them to be very good - but as "Wicklowjack" said its always difficult to recommend someone.

Best Wishes

LBW

Old May 5th 2019, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the responses guys, we have been busy googling lawyers and researching the whole process today. When you say you used Dieago and Deryal do you mean that they recommended a lawyer?
Old May 6th 2019, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

she did not mean that Deryal and Dieago own and run undiscovered Spain. Dieago is a qualified property seller and can transfer the property to you legally . that is what i did and have has no problems in 4 years i have owned the property . This what i did and is the cheapest way to do it about 10% of the property value. good luck with your purchase it is a nice friendly town. and in the most part nice and willing expat community. live the life only cheaper . MAKE THE MOVE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
Old May 6th 2019, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

So what your saying is that the estate agent completes the sale instead of a lawyer? We have been quoted around €1500 for If we instruct a solicitor then obviously the usual taxes on top. As the property is so cheap a flat fee is charged.

unfortunately we cannot afford to make a permanent move but hoping that it all works out Ok as we love visiting Martos.

Last edited by molly1664; May 6th 2019 at 6:02 pm.
Old May 7th 2019, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by molly1664
So what your saying is that the estate agent completes the sale instead of a lawyer? We have been quoted around €1500 for If we instruct a solicitor then obviously the usual taxes on top. As the property is so cheap a flat fee is charged.

unfortunately we cannot afford to make a permanent move but hoping that it all works out OK as we love visiting Martos.
some do undiscovered Spain do . 1500 + taxes is OK but can be cheaper if you go direct. under Spanish law apparently you do not need a solicter to transfer property just someone who knows what thay are doing. i gave Diego limited power of attorney . he set up a bank ac , paid taxes and did everything for me. it was simple i heard of people who went with a solicter and were fleeced by them that is why i am reluctance recommending a lawyer . it is a mine field buying but worth it in the long run i wish you all the best in your purchase . bye the way where is the house you are buying what street is it on.
Old May 7th 2019, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

LeeLorraineFaye is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Molly,

As I said we used Diego same as wicklowjack and had no probs with a competitive fee - Give him a call to discuss (His number is on their site)

LBW
Old May 7th 2019, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molly1664

unfortunately we cannot afford to make a permanent move but hoping that it all works out Ok as we love visiting Martos.
hi Molly
I can recommend a english speaking lawyer in Granada if your still looking. I used him when I purchased in martos 5 years ago. Used him for other stuff also. He is very thorough.
let me know can pm his details.
Old May 8th 2019, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again guys, really useful info. Not sure of the address but it’s in the old town, reckon we are gonna need a couple of donkeys to help with renovating!!!!
Old May 14th 2019, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Mazzaniku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm a beauty therapist and looking to move to martos and also will be looking for clients would you say there are enough brits in the beginning whilst I'm learning Spanish to get a reasonable living?
Old May 15th 2019, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

good luck depends on how much you want to earn. probably yes but hard to get established in martos. but i would think you could . beast of luck with your luck . try and see how you get along. you will not regret it .

In life you regret the things you do not do not the things you do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.