Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jul 7th 2016, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

hh
Originally Posted by AdrianMalcolm
Hi Nicola.
Did you find the free wifi spots in Martos? There's one near me in the square with the police station in the old part of Martos. Forgot the name of the square but if you are uncertain where it is I will look up the name.Near the castle with plenty of shade so you can sit down and go online with a good signal. Just down the hill, there's another, with a shady bar on cue - the proprietor lucked out there.
I'm back in the UK at the moment but will be back later this year, not July though.
I love the fact that most people are Spanish although I hardly speak a word.
Take care everyone

Adrian
Old Jul 7th 2016, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
hh
Hi Adrian yes I know exactly where you mean, been up near the castle many times. My house is down from the Police Station square, but up from the pretty square, where the lovely bar is, my local actual!!! It's lovely inside, very 30's, have you been? Yes me too, just need to persevere with the lingo!!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HappyCouple
Hi Guys

hope you are all well

Does anyone know how much it is for skips? We know you have to get permission but how much is the actual cost?
Hey there, any news on the 'electrical upgrade,? Cheers x
Old Jul 7th 2016, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

AdrianMalcolm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola.
Small world, I was in that bar a couple of weeks ago! I think a lot of Martos was embalmed in the 30's.

All the best

Adrian
Old Jul 7th 2016, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

HappyCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola we actually found a property that has the electrics already upgraded, tracked into the walls and everything so we don't need an upgrade of any sort.

The cost i think was for boosters and to up the ampage which i think you already have! Full electrical rewire should be 1500-2000, our friend had it done in Fuengorola and thats what he paid x
Old Jul 8th 2016, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

hope you are all well

Does anyone know how much it is for skips? We know you have to get permission but how much is the actual cost?
very good question i was qust cleaning up my place and wanted to get one as well had 6 big sacks of rubble and waste maybe more and i asked mt neighbor about it . and he just told me to take it to the local collection point and it would be collected every day. ok as i only had a small amount . turned out i had 14 sacks but i had no problems
Old Jul 8th 2016, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a problem in the bins for a small amount skips are available at big mat as well as a service to dump your own rubbish on his tip
at the store there is also a tip on the industrial estate owned by the council
Old Jul 8th 2016, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys

Timmy - do you have contact details for Big Mat? We have googled it and most of it is Spanish so not sure how to go about it. Also where abouts is the Council Industrial Estate please? Is there a service for furniture collection & white goods?

Wicklow - thats great we will dump as much as we can in bins but will definately need a skip.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys

Timmy - do you have contact details for Big Mat? We have googled it and most of it is Spanish so not sure how to go about it. Also where abouts is the Council Industrial Estate please? Is there a service for furniture collection & white goods?

Wicklow - thats great we will dump as much as we can in bins but will definately need a skip.
I havnt got any numbers as its a stones throw from my house , I loaded up my hire car with about 30 bags of rubbish hard core etc and took them to his yard he charged me 10 euro , the council tip is on the polygono opens st 5 in the evening , as for skips you can get them from big mat about 50 euro I believe realy you should have a permit but if your filling in one day I wouldn't bother if you want to get a permit go to Calle doleres Torres council office with flags where you get planning applications done at , but if you can't speak Spanish it would be very difficult , I went about 3 yr ago to get planning for a patio and can speak Spanish but still found it hard , for furniture and white goods I think it's last day of the month if you leave them near a dustbin
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timmyf
I havnt got any numbers as its a stones throw from my house , I loaded up my hire car with about 30 bags of rubbish hard core etc and took them to his yard he charged me 10 euro , the council tip is on the polygono opens st 5 in the evening , as for skips you can get them from big mat about 50 euro I believe realy you should have a permit but if your filling in one day I wouldn't bother if you want to get a permit go to Calle doleres Torres council office with flags where you get planning applications done at , but if you can't speak Spanish it would be very difficult , I went about 3 yr ago to get planning for a patio and can speak Spanish but still found it hard , for furniture and white goods I think it's last day of the month if you leave them near a dustbin
yes that is what i did but not to sure about white goods
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys -you are so helpful, sorry for torturing you - we are looking online for house insurance, any recommendations of companies?
Old Jul 8th 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys -you are so helpful, sorry for torturing you - we are looking online for house insurance, any recommendations of companies?
go to a broker
could not find one on line
i used one that deigo recommended to me
very good policy
coverd me to rent out the house as well
Old Jul 8th 2016, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Wicklow i'll ask Diego

We are getting ourselves sorted out here great, can anyone recommend a good builder? Ive heard a few people mention a Mohammed?.....Need to try and set up a meeting with a builder for our next trip so would like it organised before we leave to go there..

Last edited by HappyCouple; Jul 8th 2016 at 2:42 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Wicklow i'll ask Diego

We are getting ourselves sorted out here great, can anyone recommend a good builder? Ive heard a few people mention a Mohammed?.....Need to try and set up a meeting with a builder for our next trip so would like it organised before we leave to go there..
Ahmed his brother or ash as everyone calls him
Old Jul 8th 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by timmyf
Ahmed his brother or ash as everyone calls him
Thanks Timmy , could you possibly pm us contact details for him ? is he english speaking ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.