Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Originally Posted by HappyCouple
Thanks Timmy , could you possibly pm us contact details for him ? is he english speaking ?
No he's not only Spanish I don't have a number for him I contact him on face book messenger but I can get him to make contact with you
Old Jul 14th 2016, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Sam1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Moving in Febuary next year! Can't wait.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any taxi services from Martos to Malaga Airport? And if so, the prices for a 1 way trip.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14th 2016, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1993
Hi Everyone,

Moving in Febuary next year! Can't wait.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any taxi services from Martos to Malaga Airport? And if so, the prices for a 1 way trip.

Thanks!
you can try candy on 651414063 she is good and reliable . i took a taxi last year and cost me €120 before i met candy . it is expensive just take the bus ok longer 4+hrs but only €16 or less leaves every day at 10am
good luck with your move

sorry that should have being 220€ not €120

Last edited by wicklowjack; Jul 14th 2016 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wicklowjack
you can try candy on 651414063 she is good and reliable . i took a taxi last year and cost me €120 before i met candy . it is expensive just take the bus ok longer 4+hrs but only €16 or less leaves every day at 10am
good luck with your move

sorry that should have being 220€ not €120
Thank you so much for your help! So the bus goes directly from Martos to Malaga airport? Do I need to book tickets in advance for it? Is there a website link so I can have a look? Thank you!
Old Jul 14th 2016, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam1993
Thank you so much for your help! So the bus goes directly from Martos to Malaga airport? Do I need to book tickets in advance for it? Is there a website link so I can have a look? Thank you!
was jut chatting to her on fb.€190 to the airport
no need to book tickets just pay on the bus it goes to the main bus station in malaga and you can get another bus from there run every 30 mins to the airport not a problem just a long journey but cheep good if you are on a limited budget
Old Jul 14th 2016, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=wicklowjack;12002522]was jut chatting to her on fb.€190 to the airport
no need to book tickets just pay on the bus it goes to the main bus station in malaga and you can get another bus from there run every 30 mins to the airport not a problem just a long journey but cheep good if you are on a limited budget[/QUOTE

Your help is highly appreciated! Do you know what time the bus leaves Malaga to Martos? Sorry for all the questions! Thank you!
Old Jul 14th 2016, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

i think it leaves at 10 am or 11 am
just go down to the bus station and the timetable is on the wall to the left of the ticket desk. i think it is 10 but can not be to sure
no problem ask any more you need happy to help
Old Jul 24th 2016, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

JacquiC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well. I have been following the forum with interest this past while as I am trying to convince my hubby to come to the area to view some of the good value properties. I just wanted to ask does anybody rent their property for holiday lets? We are thinking of flying into Malaga on the 2nd of August until he 11th of August and are trying to find some self catering accommodation for 2adults/2kids in Madrid area.

If anyone is aware of any I would love to hear from you.
Many thanks in advance
Jacqui
Old Jul 24th 2016, 4:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JacquiC
Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well. I have been following the forum with interest this past while as I am trying to convince my hubby to come to the area to view some of the good value properties. I just wanted to ask does anybody rent their property for holiday lets? We are thinking of flying into Malaga on the 2nd of August until he 11th of August and are trying to find some self catering accommodation for 2adults/2kids in Madrid area.

If anyone is aware of any I would love to hear from you.
Many thanks in advance
Jacqui
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2016, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

i don't yet but i do intend to be in martos in sept at that time if you want to catch up for a drink sometime
Old Jul 24th 2016, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

JacquiC is an unknown quantity at this point

My message should have stated Martos, not Madrid. Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2016, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

ZenaC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Im finally here

I moved into my new house 18th July and am finally unpacked and have nearly finished retidying the back garden which was seriously overgrown. I have a little work to do on the lower ground floor rooms which are all tiled floors and have electrics but need the walls replastering and repainting but the ground floor and upper floor are in perfect condition as the previous owner had a lot of work done on the house last year.

I am a 5 minute walk from the square with the police station.

Time to start brushing up on learning my spanish :/

Zena
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZenaC
Hi all

Im finally here

I moved into my new house 18th July and am finally unpacked and have nearly finished retidying the back garden which was seriously overgrown. I have a little work to do on the lower ground floor rooms which are all tiled floors and have electrics but need the walls replastering and repainting but the ground floor and upper floor are in perfect condition as the previous owner had a lot of work done on the house last year.

I am a 5 minute walk from the square with the police station.

Time to start brushing up on learning my spanish :/

Zena
Hi everyone, back from a very successful, slightly stressful visit from Martos!! The stress being 'IKEA'!!! Managed to get all the furniture I needed eventually, but not particularly easy!!! Wouldn't recommend getting a taxi from the Airport to IKEA , cost 15 euros!! In fa t , apparently anywhere within the city of Malaga is a minimum of 15 euros!!! I was expecting to pay 5!!! My son was actually charged 18 euro by a very 'unhappy' driver! The taxi rank at the airport seems to be controlled quite rigidly, so presuming the drivers are charged high fees to rank there. A 'one off' trip so just payed up!!! No rushing back to IKEA, though I'm minus a mattress and a dinner service!! Didn't pay for theses items, but somehow, along the way, they were deleted from my list! Finding artificial grass also proved difficult. Nothing at IKEA or Brico. However, luckily Trace, our driver could talk Spanish, and the staff at Brico told us there was a Garden Nursery just behind them, and luckily they didsell it! Pretty expensive the decent stuff, but looks really good!! Just pleased I got most of what I needed , after hiring a HUGE van!! Getting it up the hill was pretty eventful in 40 degrees!! Stayed in a little hostel in Malaga Port the first night, before returning to IKEA the next day. 20 minute taxi drive, 16 euros, not bad compared to the airport taxi! Only 20 minute walk to bus stAtion, so when I do take the bus that is where I will stay. Very clean, nice people and very pretty roof terrace! Perfect fora night or two! Martos Lido still great, a little busier on the Sunday than during the week, so bought a HUGE paddling pool to use until Plunge Pool sorted. That will not be for a while, because I'm now officially broke, ha! All worth it though, cheers Nicola x
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Leroy Merlin near IKEA always used to do plastic grass as well.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:45 am
Just Joined

tfirth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to Jaen and Martos folk
I have just purchased a 1 bed town house in Martos but it needs some work and mainly the roof doing first. I have a limited budget and was given one quote for 4000-4500 euros but thought that higher than necessary. Does anyone know of a local Spanish/Expat roofer with good rep and fair on price?

The Initial job is:
The roof needs stripping, water proofing and fully re tiling with modern non porous tiles because the old arabesque tiles are a bit too porous and in heavy rainy seasons can let moisture though.
The Vegas and base compound are good/sound though so no work needed there.
A couple of the lintels need to be replaced on the inside due to excessive water damage because they are rotten.

I welcome input and advice from all

Rgds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.