Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

The main Malaga bus station is, I think, at the side of the Maria Zambrano train station on
Explanada de la Estación. The bus you are thinking of maybe stops at the port as well, but I'd prefer to head for the bus/train station to be sure.
As far as I know there isn't a bus from the airport that goes Martos way and in any case, on the Alsa website you can select the airport rather than down town.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

AdrianMalcolm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that quick reply Mark. I guess I will have to take a taxi to the bus station and take the bus to Martos from there.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 8:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianMalcolm
Hi.

I want to book the 3pm bus from Malaga to Martos but the alsa booking site doesn't say where in Malaga I have to catch the bus. I was hoping it would be from the airport. Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 8th 2016, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

wicklowjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdrianMalcolm
Hi.

I want to book the 3pm bus from Malaga to Martos but the alsa booking site doesn't say where in Malaga I have to catch the bus. I was hoping it would be from the airport. Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance
yea if you go to the bus stop outside the station in to malga it goes to the mail bus station from there you can get the bus no need to book if you go to the alsa window and get a ticket €15.20 i think BRING SNACKS AND WATER LONG LONG BUS RIDE
Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi wicklowjack. Thanks but did you mean, take a bus from the airport to the station and then another bus to the main bus station as you wrote 'mail'?
Old Jun 9th 2016, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

no take a bus to the staton easy , and you are there at the main station in malaga
Old Jun 10th 2016, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

HappyCouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All Just joined this thread as we are currently looking at buying a property in Martos and will be making a trip to view it. Theres been lots of helpful pointers on here for us and any others would be greatly appreciated so we just wanted to say hi. Could anyone send a small bulletpoint of the process steps we should take.....Like do we need to apply for NIE before we buy the property etc etc. Also looking some info on buying or owning a car out there, can we pick one up for cheap and is insurance & tax decently priced?

Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2016, 6:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyCouple
Hi All Just joined this thread as we are currently looking at buying a property in Martos and will be making a trip to view it. Theres been lots of helpful pointers on here for us and any others would be greatly appreciated so we just wanted to say hi. Could anyone send a small bulletpoint of the process steps we should take.....Like do we need to apply for NIE before we buy the property etc etc. Also looking some info on buying or owning a car out there, can we pick one up for cheap and is insurance & tax decently priced?

Thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 11th 2016, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HappyCouple

Thanks
hi i just bought out there
i went through deigo in undescoveredspain.com
and he looked after everything for me
just go to the notary and give him your power of atorney
that way he can open a bank acc for you
and get electricity and water connected for you as well
super service provided by him
as to a car do not know was thinking of getting a moped
cheep and convenient no parking issues
if you want a car you would need to be using it a lot
better to hire one in jean i think
Old Jun 11th 2016, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, it is Derryl & Diego we have made contact with, it would be them we would make the purchase through, we are just in the first stages, going to head out in around a fortnight to view the house
We didnt think of mopeds thats a good idea, we would need a car for the first year probably though as we need to do a lot of work and would need loads of materials etc so we will have a look at carhire prices in Jaen - thanks!
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi HappyCouple.
Why not rent first and then you can get to know the area before making a commitment?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

good luck with your trip
don't set your standards to high property is all in poor condition there if you are looking at sub 50k houses. but martos is a good town has most things you could want and jean is only 15 mins by car. there thre lots of good bars and restaurants there. along with good range of shops ans supermarkets, as to a car you need some form of transport as it s a very hilly town
use this website when there MIL ANUNCIOS.COM: segunda mano, anuncios gratis, empleo, clasificados... useful for lots of things
and don't worry digeo is very knowledgeable in property there may be a bit slow giving you info but don't worry. i bought one property for 18k / 20k including taxes and am happy so far. and will again to rent out long term maybe 4 or 5 more times it is very hot there now 41 degrees in jean last week good luck on your trip any questions ask here lots of willing helpers
Old Jun 11th 2016, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys! We have reasearched Martos and all surrounding areas, we think that its a good enough base for us and the house prices are definately a bargain. It will be our own project for somewhere to go just when we want. We are away 6/7 times a year so would be nice to have somewhere to call our own. We looked at everything from apartments on Golf Courses to dundering in's in Countrysides and we think that here is great value for money and not too far out from loads of places that we would visit or already have.
Thanks for the link Wicklow we will have a good read through! We have spoke to Derryl now and basically covered everything - house will be a good bit of hard work but we have done it before with one here at home so not afraid of elbow grease! Have you had an Electrical Ugrade done we are being quote in and around 1000euros - is this about right do you know? So glad we joined this forum as we are deadset on buying here. We will see 3/4 houses but have our hearts set on one - but things happen sometimes so we are optimistic

Last edited by HappyCouple; Jun 11th 2016 at 1:55 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Nicola
Old Jun 12th 2016, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Sent you the details in a PM thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.