Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by Ricardo y Renee
Aaah you see the Dutchman asked for it in inches...................just like the good old days. In fact not being resident there, I believe the last time we walked around a drapery shop( exciting eh?) they were all in inches. I also see we are getting bent bananas and mucky spuds in lbs :-)
I heard people had been fined for selling stuff in lbs, whats it going to be like when the EU makes them drive on the proper side of the road. ;-))
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

can anyone recommend a reasonable car insurance company please. we are buying a car to leave in spain and just use when we visit. thanks chris
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gazzza
It’s a small village, but they are having “local problems� with Moroccans who also live in the town
Can you enlarge on this Gazz
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moblies
Very interested in the village of Daya Nueva , anyone know anything about it, whats it like, renting potential etc?
I have been told that there are a lot of surplus housing available there and a lot of bank repossessions . How true I dont know have not visited myself hear say from bank employee
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

stephendutchman is on a distinguished road

we have had our place in daya nueva ,almost one year ,love it .surrounded by orange and lemon groves .very quiet spanish village .contact louise ,daya home services .spanish estate agent .very helpful she knows what the local property market is all about .no pressure just tell her what price range you are at ,and what type of property you require.
daya home services ,is next to the local supermarket .on the main st.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

griffindor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this information, I have found an apartment in Daya Nueva and I am coming out in April to finalise the mortgage. It reassures me a bit to hear you really like it there. Just have to find a job now!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

gaynormurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by griffindor
Thanks for this information, I have found an apartment in Daya Nueva and I am coming out in April to finalise the mortgage. It reassures me a bit to hear you really like it there. Just have to find a job now!
Hi! We have had a house in DN for 5 years, though we dont live there permanently yet (still trying to sell house in England!!) and we absolutely love it there! Im sure you will enjoy it, the people are really friendly, the village is lovely and its in a great position for the beach, shops, mountains and airports! Everything within a short drive! Whereabouts is your apartment? We live in Antonio Soriano Bri, just beside the town hall, - what sort of job are you after? kind regards
Gaynor & Gordon
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I am starting to feel better about my move hearing from people that are there and happy. I am buying a Lunar Mar apartment just outside the vilage, I can't remember the exact address but it is the new build apartments, do you know the ones I mean?

I am looking for a job teaching English if I can get one, I am just about finished my Tefl course but I have heard this is getting quite hard right now. I work right now in a Further Education College managing the hairdressing and beauty therapy curriculum areas. I would like to do something similar in time over there but I will have to improve my very basic spanish first. I was in touch with the owner of a Beauty Institute in Alicante but they want someone that is pretty fluent in Spanish.

I have heard the work situation is pretty bad out there right now? I will work anywhere initially though (within reason!) as I will have my mortgage to pay.

Gill
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

gaynormurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by griffindor
Hi, I am starting to feel better about my move hearing from people that are there and happy. I am buying a Lunar Mar apartment just outside the vilage, I can't remember the exact address but it is the new build apartments, do you know the ones I mean?

I am looking for a job teaching English if I can get one, I am just about finished my Tefl course but I have heard this is getting quite hard right now. I work right now in a Further Education College managing the hairdressing and beauty therapy curriculum areas. I would like to do something similar in time over there but I will have to improve my very basic spanish first. I was in touch with the owner of a Beauty Institute in Alicante but they want someone that is pretty fluent in Spanish.

I have heard the work situation is pretty bad out there right now? I will work anywhere initially though (within reason!) as I will have my mortgage to pay.

Gill
Well, good luck with the job hunting, I can only speak basic Spanish too, but we are hoping to retire and not have to work! When are you moving? We are over for a week on March 21st, then will probably have to wait until september for a 2 week break! Would be good to keep in touch! PM me if you would like any other info! Best wishes Gaynor & Gordon x
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I am moving over at the end of July but coming out for a week in April to finalise things. I will definately keep in touch and thanks for the information
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

furby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We have a an apartment in Luna Mar and love Daya Nueva. We do not live there full time but love to get out as often as we can. Hope everything goes well for you.

Geraldine
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Geraldine, that is good to hear, I can't wait to get out there and get settled. It is good to hear that it is a nice place as you are never sure until you start living in a place.
Gill
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

furby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gill
What phase of Luna Mar have you bought on .
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by furby
Hi We have a an apartment in Luna Mar and love Daya Nueva. We do not live there full time but love to get out as often as we can. Hope everything goes well for you.

Geraldine
I lived there for approx 1 year ,nice enough place but everyone seemed to be in each others face ,ok if you like that type of thing ,there was never much to do around there but the costa is quite close ,would not like to live there permanently where I lived the walls were very thin and you could hear conversations next door quite clearly not to mention anything else that went on that was in the bungalows was no better in the Duplexes .
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

It is phase 3 (I think!). The village looks really nice and hopefully friendly. My daughter will be with me for a year and then she is coming back to Scotland so hopefully I will have made some friends by then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.