Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Very interested in the village of Daya Nueva , anyone know anything about it, whats it like, renting potential etc?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:57 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by moblies
Very interested in the village of Daya Nueva , anyone know anything about it, whats it like, renting potential etc?

We have bought a duplex off plan in Daya Vieja which is only a kilometre down the road from Daya Neuva. We looked in Daya Neuva which is very spanish, but quite a lot of building going on. In fact, there was an article in the Costa Blanca news last September saying that the population was due to grow to to 26,000 - 20 times the current population.

The building all seems to be around the edge of the town, several different builders. We was told by an agent before we went that the costs are very low there regarding local council tax etc. and it is only about 10 kms from the coast. The road down to the coast is very quiet and it only took us 6 mins. The agents said that rental potential was not quite as high as other areas. They are saying that the Vega Baja area which is where Daya Neuva is which is traditionally agricultural land is being reclassified and swallowed up by developers, Rojales, Benijofar and Quesada (nearby towns) will soon be one mass. Having said that we still much preferred that area to Playa Flamenca, La Zenia, Blue Hills and Torrevieja etc.

We are buying from builders called TM Torreblanca who have a website and their development in Daya Vieja is only fairly small and there are duplexes and apartments left there. The build quality is excellent, they are sound-proofed walls and ceilings (which a lot of the builders were not when we checked last September) and they include everything in the sale down to cutlery etc. The development is gated. Daya Vieja is only very small, but has a pharmacy, town hall, 2 bars, supermarket, restaurant and a Dr who visits a few times a week. The mayor has had a villa built right next to the development and this development is the only one around this area. There are a few private houses and farms. The local people in Daya Vieja have been involving the people on the first phase (which is only small) in their fiestas and local football matches etc. The second phase is inly one block. The third phase is about 65 mixed apartments and duplexes with a pool in the middle and there is going to be another phase behind that one of villas with orchards in between. We are very impressed with TM. There were villas and townhouses in Daya Neuva but a lot were sold when we went last Sept.

The big hypermarket Carrefour, cinema, bowling alley Pizza Hut, McDonalds etc are only 12-15 mins drive away (if you like that sort of thing). The town of Almoradi was very nice, very spanish, Quesada had a lot of restaurants, bars etc which is not far away. It depends on what you like.

Hope this is of use to you.

Gill
Old Feb 13th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

Thanks Gill for the info, we are nearing completion (March 05) on a 3 bed duplex in Daya Nueva built by Golfinvest. its on the road into town (Avda Almoradi).

We too liked the traditional Spanish feel of the area and not wanting to be surrounded by thousands of the same apartments houses etc. Daya Nueva has been deserted on nearly every occasion we have visited so a larger population and of course more houses will hopefully be good for our property prices. As long as it doesn't become another benidorm.

The comunity charges for us are less than £100 per year as we have only a communal pool and a grassed area behind the house.

We havent been since November so will be interested to see if any more developments have sprung up.

Best of luck with it

Clinton
Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

gazzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Daya Nueva - Costa Blanca

It’s a small village, but they are having “local problems� with Moroccans who also live in the town
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:54 am
Just Joined

teddybear is an unknown quantity at this point

I was amazed to access your site - I have also purchased a property from same Builder - same site and my apartment is due to be ready at end April.

Do you use your apartment much. How have you found the area.

Michele
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Michele

We completed on our house back in March 2005 and the finish was excellent compared to th finish you get over here in the UK.

No major problems at all infact they are so geared upto selling to foreign buyers its easier than buying in the UK.

The village is very quiet but picking up a little with the number of new apartments / houses etc which can only be a good thing for the long term.

We are on the main road into the village (Avda Almoradi). Very friendly locals and there is also an English Family who do property management NTS Group (Nick) in the village who covers key holding to renting - if you need any info I'll send you his details.

Best of luck

Regards

clinton
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=moblies]Hi Michele

Thats great news we have been really nervous about buying but I fell in love completely with the building and was really impressed with the selling process and its good to hear that there are up and coming happenings in the town. How often do you visit your property - we are flying over at the beginning of April to go to Alicante for our NIE number. We come from Glasgow what about yourself. We have purchased a south facing apartment bottom floor which faces onto the road.

Michele
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:48 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=teddybear]
Originally Posted by moblies
Hi Michele

Thats great news we have been really nervous about buying but I fell in love completely with the building and was really impressed with the selling process and its good to hear that there are up and coming happenings in the town. How often do you visit your property - we are flying over at the beginning of April to go to Alicante for our NIE number. We come from Glasgow what about yourself. We have purchased a south facing apartment bottom floor which faces onto the road.

Michele
hi michelle we live in almoradi just now in an apartment but are looking to buy a bungalow in daya viega next to daya neuava we havebeen here for 9 months and also come from scotland so if you need any advice we are here to help
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Do you not live in your TM apartment or do you let this out - I went out on my own to purchase the apartment so my husband has not yet seen it - I am really looking forward to seeing how its coming along. Whereabouts in Scotland do you come from - you will have guessed by now I am a really nosey wee person eh. Thanks for helping me with this - your emails have cheered me up and put my mind at ease - when we drove through the town with the selling agent I did notice it was small - but was very impressed with what I saw. Do you live over in Spain permanently now then?

Michele

Sorry for all the questions just tell me to mind my own business!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for the confusion I thought I was replying to the person I had contacted earlier and then read the name was different - what a tube I am eh

Anyway thanks for replying so quickly

Michele
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

There are a couple of new aparemtent blocks going up on Avda Almoradi, We are in the bigger of the two rows of white and yellow townhouses nearest the village.

I recall a couple of apartment blocks going up on the road (nearest one has brown or dark doors and windows ?) then another set near the roundabout at the end of the road furthest away from the village.

We tend to go every three months and rent it as and when we can. We are out next month for a long weekend.

Good luck with the NIE numbers - it was an experience but I think they have made it a little easier for people now.

The village has a fair amount to offer with most people very welcoming, I am yet to find anything that the small hardware shop has not got.

We missed the Festival in June but it looked to be a good one, last year saw the first ever foreign Festival Queen (an English girl).

I only hope the village doesn't get too big as this will spoil it, It was put to us that Golf Invest who are one of the biggest builders in the Costa Blanca wouldn't invest in an area that didn't have something going for it.

Regards
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

We have bought one of the TM apartments - your house sounds lovely. Yes we were also told this was an up and coming area and yes you are right it would be a shame to spoil it too much. Hopefully all will go smoothly with our NIE number - what kind of problems did you come up against - is there anything worth warning me about beforehand?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

We found the whole buying process fairly stress free, our agents Medsea Estates walked us thru everything. A good solicitor is the key ! and just bear in mind they dont rush, we are still on the builders Electric and Water supply -will be a year in March 06. still its free. the only other charge we've had is for the Rubbish collection - the large bins are collected 5-6 days a week and the bill in May was about 43 euros and thats for a year.

The furniture companies are all geared up for the quick turnaround and we managed to get all our furniture ordered and delivered during the week of our completion (N G Muebles in Torrevieja) apart from a few things that had to be delivered on our next trip out.

Shop around for Aircon if you need it - Carrefour Hypermarket in Torrevieja sell units for less than 200 euros and some companies will fit these for you.

There is an agent in the village (English Family) good for keyholding if you need it.

If you have any questions on a particular subject i'll do my best to answer

regards
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:52 am
Just Joined

You have been really good at responding to my emails - its difficult when you are away from Spain - luckily we have bought our apartment fully furnished but the aircon you recommended is great we will look into it in April when we come over. I let my husband read your emails and this cheered him up no end - he has been really worried about the whole matter - maybe its because he has not been over to see the complex yet but I am sure he will be impressed when he does see it - fingers crossed.

Michele
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

No problem, We were a little worried about buying Inland instead of near the sea, But we looked at areas near the sea but found it overcrowded with the same houses and lots of tourists.

Although I was supprised how many English people live in the new part of the village. It is nice to come back from a day in Torrevieja to a fairly quiet village. Apart from Friday to Sunday when the road gets busy with people visiting relatives in the village even then the village is basically deserted.

Hope it all goes well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.