Covid update

Old Dec 5th 2021, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Originally Posted by Barriej
Leaving politics out of it completely.

Again the covid pass means nothing, just that you have had the jab.. (Im sorry to keep making this comment but so many around our way are saying the jab has protected them) But what from? You can still catch it and pass it, you may not die (but thats mainly for the variant you have been jabbed against)
So it allows you to travel, go in a bar or restaurant with more than 50 other people (so 49 is safe) I know a number had to be plucked out of the air..

So case in point... A good friend of ours lives up the hill from the village, rarely goes to town, except on market days to swap stuff he grows, the local butcher takes veg from him in exchange for meat (well stuff he is unable to catch himself), he has chickens, goats and rabbits. Lives off grid and hasn't been jabbed.
What is there to persuade him to get jabbed?

Nothing, he is not at much if any risk of catching it. Even less risk of spreading it.

And before anyone asks, he is a retired Chemistry Professor from Germany.. So not an idiot.

We are not fully jabbed as it took ages to get the temp sip card.
Had to change our plans slightly for Christmas as we were going to a big restaurant (which I didn't want to go to anyway as Im not happy with lots of people around me and I was like that before covid) and I wont pay €40 each for a test just for an expensive turkey dinner.
We are now going to a little local place with a couple of friends.
the only way that covid vaccines will be truly effective is if everyone had the jab at the same time. The whole planet that is. Absolutely no way that is going too happen Even if the jab was 100% safe. The forced lockdowns have made alot of people paranoid and anti vax.
Old Dec 5th 2021, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
the only way that covid vaccines will be truly effective is if everyone had the jab at the same time. The whole planet that is. Absolutely no way that is going too happen Even if the jab was 100% safe. The forced lockdowns have made alot of people paranoid and anti vax.

Have to agree except the jab does not protect people the way they think. And the passport is not a get out of jail free card.

My wife's cousin went to LA for the weekend 'because they were jabbed and they were protected' and while there are idiots like that in this world it will never be over.

So Im finished with these threads as we all have differing views and thats what ultimately will be the reason this will continue.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

People will turn soon. I heard of poor people getting paid to have peoples injections in his arm. He’s getting £500 a jab mind you.
I’m not flying anytime soon. The restrictions have took the buzz out of going to the airport. Also the tests and paranoia of covid politics changing while your away it’s pointless going away anymore. Wouldn’t be surprised alot of airlines go bump in the future. I don’t criticise anyone for not wanting a vaccine. Even though I have always had mine. The forced covid vaccine politics is making me not want to have anymore. What’s going on now in Europe is tyranny.
I am flying home tomorrow

I hope I don't come into contact with one of these selfish dickheads who has cheated in order to fly or any other contact
Old Dec 7th 2021, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I am flying home tomorrow

I hope I don't come into contact with one of these selfish dickheads who has cheated in order to fly or any other contact
Well my brother has covid and has had both jabs. Also his gfs mum who has had all her jabs also has caught covid. So you can still pass it out regardless of how many jabs you have had. People need to relax and learn to live with this virus now. We are lucky that it is no where near as fatal as previous global pandemics.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Well my brother has covid and has had both jabs. Also his gfs mum who has had all her jabs also has caught covid. So you can still pass it out regardless of how many jabs you have had. People need to relax and learn to live with this virus now. We are lucky that it is no where near as fatal as previous global pandemics.
So you are happy for people to lie their way through life?
Old Dec 7th 2021, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

"Almost 70 medics who attended a large Christmas party in southern Spain have since tested positive for Covid-19, authorities say.
Most of the 68 infected are doctors and nurses working in the intensive care unit at Málaga's regional hospital.
Health authorities said they were all at a party attended by about 170 people last Wednesday."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59561876

Old Dec 7th 2021, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
So you are happy for people to lie their way through life?
Not bothered if people want a vaccine or don’t want one. It doesn’t affect me if I sit next to an unvaccinated person or vaccinated as vaccinated people can still catch and transmit the virus.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Not bothered if people want a vaccine or don’t want one. It doesn’t affect me if I sit next to an unvaccinated person or vaccinated as vaccinated people can still catch and transmit the virus.
Oh dear. Quite why do you think hospitalisations and deaths have lower incidence rates compared to last year. Why, Gadzooks, sensible people have been vaxxed. Extreme example but relevant. Fancy catching COVID and having nasty flu? Get vaxxed. Fancy catching COVID and getting hospitalised or die (if old or underlying conditions)? Don't get vaxxed.

The freedom to not get vaxxed restricts my freedom to NOT sit next to higher (and they are HIGHER) risk non vaxxed people.

I am dead against compulsion. But I dont want to have an unvaxxed person coughing next to me on a 3 hour plane trip. For gods sake you're not allowed into several countries without a yellow fever jab, for example. Yet you're allowed into a sweaty night club or a plane without a jab? Freaking bonkers. BONKERS!
Old Dec 7th 2021, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Oh dear. Quite why do you think hospitalisations and deaths have lower incidence rates compared to last year. Why, Gadzooks, sensible people have been vaxxed. Extreme example but relevant. Fancy catching COVID and having nasty flu? Get vaxxed. Fancy catching COVID and getting hospitalised or die (if old or underlying conditions)? Don't get vaxxed.

The freedom to not get vaxxed restricts my freedom to NOT sit next to higher (and they are HIGHER) risk non vaxxed people.

I am dead against compulsion. But I dont want to have an unvaxxed person coughing next to me on a 3 hour plane trip. For gods sake you're not allowed into several countries without a yellow fever jab, for example. Yet you're allowed into a sweaty night club or a plane without a jab? Freaking bonkers. BONKERS!
But does it matter if a vaccinated person or an unvaccinated person coughs on you if you’ve had your jabs. They both can still carry and spread it. Don’t make sense. And had the virus already started to evolve to get round the vaccines. I don’t care anymore. It could be here for the next ten million years. Why let something you have ko control over bother you. If you die. You die.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy

Cant catch yellow fever from someone else though.
The reason for having the jab for that is the same as for covid, hospital treatment.
Its bloody difficult to treat once bitten buy the fly and you never get rid of it like Malaria.
Covid is a different kettle of fish.

If tested before getting on a plane you would be less likely to spread it around, being jabbed does not protect you or anyone else. It just lessens the symptoms and how you suffer.

I would prefer as I've said before to travel with a tested unvaccinated person than someone waving a bit of paper around saying I've been jabbed, I deserve a holiday.

And now for a comparison. Someone years ago waved a bit of aper around saying peace in our time.

Last comment from me. Im getting fed up with people who think getting jabbed allows them to do whatever they want. In my view its why its still rampant..

Oh I been jabbed before anyone adds 2 and 2 and comes up with 7 and thinks I've not been...

Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

I am so glad I am exempt all this bullshit. I go to airport, get on the plane and fly home and do nothing else. My wife has now to go and get a useless lateral flow test and a day 2 PCR test to make the same trip back to the UK next week.......

Its a farce of gigantic proportions.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you dont want to be vaccinated dont get vaccinated but when you find yourself unable to travel, visit a bar, restaurant,cinema, use public transport etc remind yourself that you are cleverer and more important than everyone else and I am sure life on your own want be so bad
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Well if you dont want to be vaccinated dont get vaccinated but when you find yourself unable to travel, visit a bar, restaurant,cinema, use public transport etc remind yourself that you are cleverer and more important than everyone else and I am sure life on your own want be so bad
they won’t be on their own. There are millions of people maybe more that have taken the decision to not have a vaccine. I seen a video of the Xmas markets in Luxembourg I think it was were they tried to stop unvaccinated people from entering. The unvaccinated people just stormed the fence and that was the end of that. I expect a big backlash this winter. The restrictions are just making more and more people resent the governments and fuelling the paranoia.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Have folk already forgotten the pre-jab devastation
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Totally agree, it's for their benefit not mine. I'm sick of pandering to these snowflakes. I respect their right to refuse a vaccine but they must accept the restrictions as their own, not for everyone. They're the same people insisting on gender neutral bathrooms, special pronouns and the cancel culture.

I didn't particularly feel the need to get the jab for medical reasons but I want my life to return to normal so had the jab plus booster. Part of me says they should ban all unvaxxed from flights, but on the other hand my kids haven't been fully vaccinated yet due to their age. Personally I would make it simple, exempt those who haven't had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated and restrict those that refused the chance. As for these absurd tests, I feel it's just a money making exercise to use up the millions of tests ordered on a knee jerk whim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.