Covid update

Old Dec 23rd 2021, 11:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid update

Some people are exempt from wearing a mask due to other health problems making breathing difficult with a mask.

However, I have often wondered why they do not utilise a face shield instead as surely this would not restrict their breathing and would be better than wearing nothing as this would be a layer of protection for other people that they come into contact with.

Taking responsibility for yourself and others is respectful.

Rosemary
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 11:51 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Say what you like. It’s not going to change my views. Just heard before that a friends mother went in for a booster and had a clot and a
mini stroke. Just in time for Xmas.
So how do you know that wasn't going to happen anyway? Anyone can pluck random examples from the air to back up what they are saying.

But it is the scientists, who have used statistics, to demonstrate that the use of vaccines is safe and provides protection.

Do you have any data to support your bizarre views?
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Murcia is operating new restrictions as of tomorrow. All non essential businesses shut at 1.00am -6.00am. Restaurants, discos pubs etc
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 2:08 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not wishing to doubt you, but do you have a link for that?
I had just seen it on BBC news on TV when I posted it - it was a short news item about how different countries were responding to the situation... Not a lot of detail, but it piqued my interest in the ethical arguments on either side.

But its easy to just search for it on the web....

​​​​​​ E.g

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...for-covid-care

I mentioned duty of care and the Hippocratic oath, (my personal interpretation) and this article shows that the doctors are against it, but the politicians are seriously considering it.

Also I mentioned the opposite side of the 'coin' i.e these unvaxed taking up hospital resources that have delayed other key treatments.

A conundrum...

I remain confused about this for the reasons I mentioned, and haven't chosen a 'side'.. and wonder what people think.

Jon
Australia’s peak doctors body has criticised an “unethical” proposal to charge unvaccinated people for their medical care that is being considered by the New South Wales government.

The state’s health minister, Brad Hazzard, confirmed the government was looking at forcing people who had not received the jab to pay for their medical bills if they required hospital treatment for Covid.

“This is an option under consideration by the NSW government,” Hazzard said in a statement on Wednesday evening after it was first reported by Sydney radio station 2GB.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 23rd 2021 at 2:18 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I would have thought that it must be very embarrassing to have refused the vaccine on anything other then fear of needles ( which is understandable) and end up in hospital. I mean how do you reason to yourself?. Do you still insist on believing that it is just a cold? Do you not feel grateful to people helping you by putting themselves at risk. If I was someone who refused a vaccine and believed in my principles I would have the balls to take my chances on my own than go begging for help. Now isnt that the kind of fighting talk these folk profess to like?
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 3:44 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
TBH I would have thought that it must be very embarrassing to have refused the vaccine on anything other then fear of needles ( which is understandable) and end up in hospital.
Just by chance I was watching the programme after BBC breakfast this morning. One presenter mentioned that he wad scared of needles, but he was fully vaccinated. He also mentioned something that Id never heard of before, a cream that dulls the pain of tattoos. He used it for the vaccination and didn't feel a thing. A great idea and I wonder why that hasn't been suggested many times before. So I searched for it...

E.g

https://www.savedtattoo.com/best-tattoo-numbing-cream/

Jon
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Just by chance I was watching the programme after BBC breakfast this morning. One presenter mentioned that he wad scared of needles, but he was fully vaccinated. He also mentioned something that Id never heard of before, a cream that dulls the pain of tattoos. He used it for the vaccination and didn't feel a thing. A great idea and I wonder why that hasn't been suggested many times before. So I searched for it...

E.g

Jon
I dont think it is necessarily the pain as the idea that creates the phobia. Either way I can accept that as a reason not to want to get vaccinated. I think that some adults can get very stressed by the idea ( usually due to a childhood experience) and the reaction could be fainting which they might feel embarrassed by. However, people refusing because it infringes their human rights ( try Afghanistan maybe), or that it is part of some satan loving billionaire-paedophine group, or that it is going to make you feel ill or give you a 60% chance of a stroke etc are entitled to their opinions but at least they should stick to their principles and not bother pleading with a doctor( who actually risks catching the virus daily) to help them. Fair enough?
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

E.g

Jon
I dont think it is necessarily the pain as the idea that creates the phobia. Either way I can accept that as a reason not to want to get vaccinated. I think that some adults can get very stressed by the idea ( usually due to a childhood experience) and the reaction could be fainting which they might feel embarrassed by. However, people refusing because it infringes their human rights ( try Afghanistan maybe), or that it is part of some satan loving billionaire-paedophine group, or that it is going to make you feel ill or give you a 60% chance of a stroke etc are entitled to their opinions but at least they should stick to their principles and not bother pleading with a doctor( who actually risks catching the virus daily) to help them. Fair enough?

Old Dec 23rd 2021, 5:22 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
If I may, I'd like to separate out specifically the needle phobia from the larger discussion, please.

There are 'levels' of phobia from mild to severe. I found the tatoo cream idea a wonderful idea. After all it worked out for the presenter, so it should work for a percentage of the phobia-group.

If I hadn't heard of it - then I'm sure others haven't either. So if this idea can 'get around' it will help to get more people vaxed.... As it did for the presenter. I'm glad he mentioned it on TV as s start.

The more the merrier

Jon
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Part of Gibraltars Chief Minister's address to the country this afternoon

Mr Picardo described how two of the patients currently in hospital were men in their 70s, one jabbed, the other unvaccinated by choice. The former was on the Covid-19 ward, the latter was intubated in the ICU.

Had he been jabbed, Mr Picardo said, he would “very, very, very likely” have avoided the need for intubation.

“That would have saved our health professionals a huge amount of stress, time and expense on his care,” he said.

Mr Picardo said the decision not to get jabbed carried “consequences”.

He urged people with concerns about vaccination to discuss these with their doctor.

“Don’t ask Facebook, Google or YouTube,” he said.

Also today the split of Delta and Omicron is aroung 60-40 however it takes around three days for test results

Last edited by Fredbargate; Dec 23rd 2021 at 5:52 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

If I may, I'd like to separate out specifically the needle phobia from the larger discussion, please.

There are 'levels' of phobia from mild to severe.

Jon
I have needle phobia to the point that I switch off the TV if someone is knitting

For almost two years now everytime I switch the TV on there is a picture of a hypodermic.

However I have had three jabs

Last edited by Fredbargate; Dec 23rd 2021 at 5:50 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh... Just heard that the Aussies are going to charge the un-vaxed for hospital treatment if they get Covid.

Hmmmm I have to think about that.

On one hand it seems to go against sort of Hippocratic oath, duty of care etc etc.

On the other if someone near-n-dear (or me) was refused life saving treatment like (say) Cancer treatment (or it was seriously delayed) Id be very unhappy ....to say the least.

Should the voluntarily un-vaxed (not those who cant take the vax for medical reasons) expect to get the same priority treatment when sick with covid? After all they've paid for it and have a 'contract' with the government and health services....???

Hmmmm. Confused!

Jon
Most of the voluntary un vaxed at the hospital (Bradford)ward my brother works in are Asian and/or obese. They are the people who are really Sick on the covid ward. So people would really have to tread carefully when it comes to that issue. Most vulnerable white people have had their jabs. Same can’t be said about the BAME community.

Last edited by Stingychips; Dec 24th 2021 at 6:09 am.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Most of the voluntary un vaxed at the hospital (Bradford)ward my brother works in are Asian and/or obese. They are the people who are really Sick on the covid ward. So people would really have to tread carefully when it comes to that issue. Most vulnerable white people have had their jabs. Same can’t be said about the BAME community.
Are you now trying to bring RACISM into this thread to justify your opinion?

Rosemary I fell these last two posts should be removed.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Are you now trying to bring RACISM into this thread to justify your opinion?

Rosemary I fell these last two posts should be removed.
nothing racist about that post. Just stating facts about the large percentage of unvaccinated BAME community that covid measures would ostracise. Especially revoking peoples medical care. You really are a wet flannel.
Old Dec 24th 2021, 7:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

nothing racist about that post. Just stating facts about the large percentage of unvaccinated BAME community that covid measures would ostracise. Especially revoking peoples medical care. You really are a wet flannel.
You have never made any secret of the fact that you are racist. If indeed you are purely stating a fact and not being racist you need to provide a link to prove what you have said.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.