Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Les and Silke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Just found out that we will be living in a part of Lomas that can use Movistar/ Telefonica because of Landline access. So Movistar quoted us 40 Euros per month for unlimited Internet usage and landline (up to 300 min. national calls free) and would use Skype for International calls. Even BT was offering in our area similar service for same money except the 300 min.free national calls.

Seems the best option for us since we will live here permanently.

Insurance quotes were also very reasonable and we got a good deal!

Now we are checking whether we have Options for Gas, Water and Electricity Companies. Any threads about these Companies anywhere?

Thank's again!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Originally Posted by Les and Silke
Just found out that we will be living in a part of Lomas that can use Movistar/ Telefonica because of Landline access. So Movistar quoted us 40 Euros per month for unlimited Internet usage and landline (up to 300 min. national calls free) and would use Skype for International calls. Even BT was offering in our area similar service for same money except the 300 min.free national calls.

Seems the best option for us since we will live here permanently.

Insurance quotes were also very reasonable and we got a good deal!

Now we are checking whether we have Options for Gas, Water and Electricity Companies. Any threads about these Companies anywhere?

Thank's again!
The Spanish energy market has been opened up and you can move between companies. Endesa are the original electricity company for Esuri and lots of people including us have had problems with their wayward billing. Many threads on the Spain forum and you can find links to a Spanish comparison site such as the UK has. However you will be on the regulated tariff so savings would be small if any. You can get gas and electric tariffs from the same utility. Iberadola have a good reputation for customer service. Water is provided by Ghiasa no alternative.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Up here on Esuri it is important to get your choice of provider right. Some areas particularly around the GC and Jags Spanish mobile reception is poor even where we are where Movistar is OK Portuguese Vodafone was better and that was what we chose for our dongle when that was our only Internet connection. If you decide to go the dongle route sit where you will use your laptop most and check on your mobile which signal you can get best.
Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding. I do not live on Esuri and have no need to change my current supplier for landline and internet. I was making comment on TMN being Portuguese and it being likely some folks were unaware of that.

As an aside my movistar mobile worked fine in both the Club House and Jags as did my laptop/netbook.

Last edited by bxpuser24710519; Nov 7th 2012 at 4:59 pm. Reason: Golf House hahaha Club House I meant
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Just to clear up any possible misunderstanding. I do not live on Esuri and have no need to change my current supplier for landline and internet. I was making comment on TMN being Portuguese and it being likely some folks were unaware of that.

As an aside my movistar mobile worked fine in both the Golf House and Jags as did my laptop/netbook.
Interesting to note that both of these premises were using wifi from a mobile connection based in Portugal they could not get landline. At one time the GC was on the same provider we were using for our dongle.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Mike - VERY interesting.

I use my Dongle with some discipline to save the cost. I connect download email disconnect. Same for sending from the outbox. Surfing/Skype, I do as I like but immediately disconnect when finished. Having Skype OUT is great to call landlines whenever we want ( and PC's of course). We dont need to pay a monthly charge for a phone line.

I don't know what PAYE is - mine is PAYG but if I bought your router, could I do the same, switch it on use wifi, then immediately switch it off? Handy for say my kindle and if friends come over for simultaneous use.

My dongle had software on it that I had to download to my PC and I have to plug it into the PC, each time I do it for the first time I need to reload the autostart programme (quite quick). Then its immediate after that on/off till I switch off the PC. So I don't know how that software could be put on the router.

As you can see I'm not very techie, but would like to have wifi, if it as fast as the dongle now and I can switch on use and switch off, if that switching is instantaneous (ie not having to wait for ages for dis/connection)

All this talk of my 'dongle' reminds me of that old Chuck Berry song 'my ding-a-ling'

Jon
I did mean PAYG (PAYE is income tax!)
I had to put some settings into the router, in adminstrator mode, connected via USB to a PC (which was connected to the internet via the TMN dongle) The settings were on the manufacturer's web site and were quick and easy to set up - about 2 mins. I then disconnected the USB and plugged the TMN dongle into the router's USB port, switched on and it all worked out of the box as they say. No technical knowledge required . I'm not aware than any additional software was required in either the router or the PC, I think it all runs inside the dongle. I think the software loaded on the PC controls the weblink to TMN for messages etc, maybe because it was already on the PC it doesn't need to be on the router. In any case it certainly isn't on my Kindle or the OH's tablet and they work fine.
I did connect my Kindle via the WiFi and downloaded a couple of books from the Amazon UK site. Quite quick and successful.

Last edited by MikeJ; Nov 7th 2012 at 5:48 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 8:25 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I did mean PAYG (PAYE is income tax!)
I had to put some settings into the router, in adminstrator mode, connected via USB to a PC (which was connected to the internet via the TMN dongle) The settings were on the manufacturer's web site and were quick and easy to set up - about 2 mins. I then disconnected the USB and plugged the TMN dongle into the router's USB port, switched on and it all worked out of the box as they say. No technical knowledge required . I'm not aware than any additional software was required in either the router or the PC, I think it all runs inside the dongle. I think the software loaded on the PC controls the weblink to TMN for messages etc, maybe because it was already on the PC it doesn't need to be on the router. In any case it certainly isn't on my Kindle or the OH's tablet and they work fine.
I did connect my Kindle via the WiFi and downloaded a couple of books from the Amazon UK site. Quite quick and successful.
Thanks Mike for explaining this 'taxing problem' to me. This sounds brilliant and I will do this.... Pls can you send me your model name/no? Also will it handle the newer 4G dongles?? THANKS again

Jon
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Mike for explaining this 'taxing problem' to me. This sounds brilliant and I will do this.... Pls can you send me your model name/no? Also will it handle the newer 4G dongles?? THANKS again

Jon
I've sent you a pm as this is probably off topic.