Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Dragging up something from another thread is not relevant to this one.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Les and Silke is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Forum Members!

A big Thank you to everybody who took the time and the trouble to answer our questions!

Running the Air Cons in the winter might be a bit expensive. But we will try different suggestions in order to keep warm somehow.

The story about the shooting we didn't quiet understand: Was that in the Esuri Area?

Our Estate Agent suggested to fix barrs in front of the windows
everywhere because we live by the road and not inside the estate which were the houses which were a targeted in the past (he thought).

Could anyone recommend a House Insurance?

Thank's again for all your help!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:19 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya again, yes the bars are a good idea. We are on the perimeter but, regardless, it does give you some peace of mind whne the place is not occupied.

We are insured with Intasure and every year I make the comparison on premiums and they are reasonable.

When we had the bars installed I was advised not to tell the insurance company as they do not reduce the premium by any significant amount however if you had a break in and the bars were not locked the your insurance would be invalid. Same with window locks - don't tell the insurance company.

Good luck with your move

Mel
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Originally Posted by Les and Silke
Dear Forum Members!

A big Thank you to everybody who took the time and the trouble to answer our questions!

Running the Air Cons in the winter might be a bit expensive. But we will try different suggestions in order to keep warm somehow.

The story about the shooting we didn't quiet understand: Was that in the Esuri Area?

Our Estate Agent suggested to fix barrs in front of the windows
everywhere because we live by the road and not inside the estate which were the houses which were a targeted in the past (he thought).

Could anyone recommend a House Insurance?

Thank's again for all your help!
Hola, if you look at the thread about 6 down from this one it is about the gunshot death. It involved a known drug dealer who in British terms was on remand and who had spent time in prison previously and seemed to be depressed about his prospects and his family. The gunshot wound did NOT occur within the boundary of Esuri but on a little used Camino road that winds from Ayamonte to Villa Blanca via Esuri. The body was found by the side of the track alongside his black Audi Q7 with the shotgun that caused the wound nearby. There have been no recent police updates on the circumstances.

I don't think external bars work but there are many precautions that you can take short of imprisoning yourselves. Houses have been broken into in all parts of Lomas but much less recently and I think there is less chance on the boundary than within the estate.

We use Mapfre who have an office in Plaza Laguna and send out their documentation in English as well as Spanish which is useful. There is lots of choice so ask for prices and policies before you decide.

In terms of energy efficiency an inverter aircon is about the best you can get and very quick but not long lasting when turned off. With additional precautions such as the curtains and perhaps other measures on draft proofing and an oil filled electric radiator would be a viable solution.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya again, yes the bars are a good idea. We are on the perimeter but, regardless, it does give you some peace of mind whne the place is not occupied.

We are insured with Intasure and every year I make the comparison on premiums and they are reasonable.

When we had the bars installed I was advised not to tell the insurance company as they do not reduce the premium by any significant amount however if you had a break in and the bars were not locked the your insurance would be invalid. Same with window locks - don't tell the insurance company.

Good luck with your move

Mel
I agree that Intasure are pretty good and would recommend them. They also send out the docs in Spanish and English. We leave a laminated copy in the property for the benefit of potential renters.

I think you need to be careful what you don't tell the insurance company (especially if they ask and they did me) because even if you don't tell them and they then claim that it was an undisclosed material fact then they may scale back your pay out or refuse to pay. I would have thought that any security measure would be a material fact if your cover includes burgary/break-in etc.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:08 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I agree that Intasure are pretty good and would recommend them. They also send out the docs in Spanish and English. We leave a laminated copy in the property for the benefit of potential renters.

I think you need to be careful what you don't tell the insurance company (especially if they ask and they did me) because even if you don't tell them and they then claim that it was an undisclosed material fact then they may scale back your pay out or refuse to pay. I would have thought that any security measure would be a material fact if your cover includes burgary/break-in etc.
Yep, you could be right however I did have friends who told the ins company they had window locks, the premium was reduced a tad and many years later they had a break-in whilst on holiday. The thieves broke a door down BUT the ins company would not pay out as one upstairs bedroom had a window that was closed but the window had not been locked. IF they had not had window locks or not had them entered on the application ( which they did and the premium was insignificantly reduced)would they have paid out ? It is an undisclosed fact that increases your protection and therefore reduces the possibility of a claim - not other way round which would cause a claim to be invalid. BUT this is my opinion only
Old Nov 1st 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Les and Silke is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank's again for replies!

We will look into the Insurances you recommended and get a Quote.

With regards to safety and heating we will also take into consideration all the suggestions.

The next step is now to get more Information about the Esuri Resident Association, which we applied for online.

Just another question: Does anybody know whether there is a spanish course for foreigners in Ayamonte? The Ayuntamiento (or red cross) in Huelva offers courses for Immigrants and Foreigners. Is there something similar in the Ayamonte region?

Thank's!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

With regards to safety and heating we will also take into consideration all the suggestions.

The next step is now to get more Information about the Esuri Resident Association, which we applied for online.

Just another question: Does anybody know whether there is a spanish course for foreigners in Ayamonte? The Ayuntamiento (or red cross) in Huelva offers courses for Immigrants and Foreigners. Is there something similar in the Ayamonte region?

Thank's!
There are lots of courses available. Do you have any Spanish? If so then you could join the free course offered by the Ayuntamiento at the Adultos education opposite the Central Hotel. This is a very good course 4 sessions a week for 3 terms for two years. There are lots of paid for courses at many different language schools in town but the most convenient is at the golf club on Esuri E5 a session. There is beginners and continuation levels.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 1st 2012 at 4:08 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's!
Another option for the Spanish lessons is the language school in Laguna Sq. I have been there last spring and found them very good. I will be going back next year when I am over in Esuri for a longer period of time. They offer all sorts of options from Individual or group lessons or more intensive weekly courses.

The couple who run the school live on Lomas

Here is a link to their website

http://www.escuelaatenea.com/en/span...rse-spain.html

I am not connected to them except as a customer
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Les and Silke;10358523]Hallo everybody!

We are new to this Forum:

Can anyone give us a little bit of Information about living in Costa Esuri/Ayamonte?

- Could anyone give us some Information about the maintenance bills,taxes etc. for a 3-Bed. Corner House up there?

Hi for your info the IBI bill for a 2 bed townhouse is about 400 Euro per annum . Community charges depend on size of your property.Each property is given a coefficient within the manzana.This depends on footprint of property I believe,so a corner house would have a higher coefficient than a 2 bed mid terrace .So the annual charge levied by the maintenance company for the manzana is split by the coefficient of each house.The intercommunity charge uses the same coefficient.

As for living in CE/Ayamonte.
Firstly hopefully you have got a bargain on your purchase as prices are well down from the inception of CE.
You will not be dissapointed with the area.You have 2 countries on your doorstep,Beautiful beaches.The lovely town of Ayamonte.
And the peace and quiet of CE
And there are actually some really nice people living there full time and part time, contrary to what you might read on this forum from time to time.
So welcome and enjoy as we have done for the last 6 years.

Last edited by shirley and anthony hide; Nov 1st 2012 at 5:59 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by N.P
Hope you new comers are getting all your questions answered. On the subject of wild dogs, there are none that I have ever seen. We do however have a big problem with cats here on Lomas. They are everywhere and becoming a real nuisance. Dont know who they belong to or if they are owned by one owner. If you like cats thats ok I suppose.
I would second this - several feral cats live around the bins. Unfortunately some people encourage them by leaving out food which in time can encourage rats.

Aircon tends to heat the top of the room as heat rises so your feet are permanently icy. You can combat this slightly by putting rugs down in the winter so the floor doesn't strike as cold.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N.P
Personally I would prefer that you didnt ask people to keep to the topic. Who do you think you are? .
As moderator of this forum I will decide what is relevant or not.

The comment was a blatant case of trolling. I suggest you read the site rules.

If you wish to discuss it further do it by PM - the forum is NOT the place to discuss moderator action.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by guesswork
Another option for the Spanish lessons is the language school in Laguna Sq. I have been there last spring and found them very good. I will be going back next year when I am over in Esuri for a longer period of time. They offer all sorts of options from Individual or group lessons or more intensive weekly courses.

The couple who run the school live on Lomas

Here is a link to their website

http://www.escuelaatenea.com/en/span...rse-spain.html

I am not connected to them except as a customer

I have just tried that website and was surprised to find someone called Jero on line and ready to chat. Not pushy at all but helpful and friendly.
Kath
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longrangesniper
Welcome to the Ayamoanie forum, I'm sure all your questions and queries will be answered by the good folk here, but I have a question for you..

Are you for or against Jags?
Are you ex 29 commando?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.