Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Old Oct 31st 2012, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Les and Silke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Hallo everybody!

We are new to this Forum:

Can anyone give us a little bit of Information about living in Costa Esuri/Ayamonte?

We will buy a house in Las Lomas:
- We have heard that the fittings of the houses are a bit different and it might be difficult getting things connected.

-How are the houses in the Wintertime. Are they fairly well insulated or do you need a source of heating?

- Could anyone give us some Information about the maintenance bills,taxes etc. for a 3-Bed. Corner House up there?

- Are there many wild dogs or strays around?

- How safe is the area?

- Any problems with rising damp?

We have heard many things but never actually from people who live there, so we really would appreciate any advice or experience anyone has made whether good or bad. We will live there permanently and lived before in a different part of Huelva Province.

Thank's for any replies!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Originally Posted by Les and Silke
Hallo everybody!

Can anyone give us a little bit of Information about living in Costa Esuri/Ayamonte?

- We have heard that the fittings of the houses are a bit different and it might be difficult getting things connected.

-How are the houses in the Wintertime. Are they fairly well insulated or do you need a source of heating?

- Could anyone give us some Information about the maintenance bills,taxes etc. for a 3-Bed. Corner House up there?

- How safe is the area?

We have heard many things but never actually from people who live there, so we really would appreciate any advice or experience anyone has made whether good or bad. We will live there permanently and lived before in a different part of Huelva Province.

Thank's for any replies!
Hi Lee

I cannot give details about the bills regarding the houses because I have an apartment but someone will be along who can.

You will definitely need some form of heating during the winter. Whether you choose to go for Heating by Air con or use some form of electric heating is personnel choice. I have air con but tend to use Oil filled electric radiators. Mainly because the air con tends to give me a sore throat. you can also be more selective where you heat with portable rads.

I have also put a link to the residents association below. You will find some info about the area and it also shows the some social events on Esuri.

http://costaesuriresidentsassociation.yolasite.com/

Last edited by guesswork; Oct 31st 2012 at 7:24 am. Reason: Missed info
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Dear Guesswork!

Thank you for the Link! We will try and have a look at that website!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:23 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hallo everybody!

Firstly... welcome and I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy your home on CE as we have for over 6 years now

- We have heard that the fittings of the houses are a bit different and it might be difficult getting things connected

Never had any difficulty. Are you talking about washing m/c, dishwasher etc?

I have never been there in the winter but YES definately you will need heating

Ours is a 3 bed but not a corner one, I will have a look at our bills and will pm you the info but it all depends on who is there, when and how keen they are to have the aircon ( or as you mention winter ) heating on

Are there many wild dogs or strays around?
No

- How safe is the area?
I would walk around on my own but I appreciate the recent shooting does raise fears - obviously !!

Any problems with rising damp?
NO

Thank's for any replies!
If you need any further info just post or PM, will be happy to help

Mel
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at
http://www.infoayamonte.com/
for some useful information about Ayamonte - also have a look at the useful information thread on this sub-forum, it is mainly about Ayamonte/CE. You may need to wade through additional comments but there are some nuggets.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri/Las Lomas Information

Hallo everybody!

You are very welcome to the forum and to Ayamonte Urb Costa Esuri

Look at the links they have lots of extra info but do ask if you need help, you will find us at the "shop or in the clubhouse"

Our nearest neighbours live on Lomas so we are familiar with the end townhouses. The houses seem to have standard Spanish fitments but you might find problems with the pre-fit for the aircon. The ducting is there to feed all rooms and the room grills are closeable but you have to remove the grill to find the vanes to do that. Also some people have found that the pipework is not up to standard so that the gas pressure is not held. A good aircon fitter should sort all that for you. Sorry to say the insulation is very poor but our house is insulated better than the current standard and is still cold Jan/Feb/March. This is because they are designed to be cool in 45* in August.

See above and I would say that the best way to heat is with inverter aircon but you have to be sensible to keep running costs down. Our friends have a winter time only curtain at the lounge door which keeps the heat in the lounge and it does not escape up the 2 storey stair well. We were so impressed that we have brought some insulated curtains to hang in our porch. Also close those grills in rooms you are not using.

Tax depends on your residence status and income. Utility costs will also reflect how you use the property. IBI (council tax) will be about €200 pa. more for a corner house than mid terrace. Community and Intercommunity charges will be about as much again. Maintenance how long is a piece of string and how proud is your wife?

A few strays but there are such caring people on Esuri and particularly Lomas they are quickly picked up. I have never seen or heard a wild dog.

- How safe is the area?

Very although there has been a recent death which is under investigation and last year there were a number of robberies on Lomas but the GC and Local Police now patrol more regularly and with sensible precautions you should be safe.

No but falling damp has been a problem in the past. and in the winter months you have to be cautious to avoid mold. For that reason I would not recommend gas heaters which create a lot of humidity in the air.

If you were down in the coastal plain not up in the Aracena then it should be much the same Ayamont has a particularly equable climate but is too hot for us in July and August.

Thank's for any replies!
SEE red inserts above.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Dear John and Kath!

Thank you for taking the trouble of giving us such detailed and very helpful answers!

We have 2 Air Cons fitted in the house already, so as soon as we will have moved in we will see how they are working. But Curtains and covering up the grills is something we will try!

We might see you around!

Thank's again!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Dear John and Kath!

Thank you for taking the trouble of giving us such detailed and very helpful answers!

We have 2 Air Cons fitted in the house already, so as soon as we will have moved in we will see how they are working. But Curtains and covering up the grills is something we will try!

We might see you around!

Thank's again!
We use our Air Con to quickly heat up our apartment, but tends to be a bit expensive and like Guesswork says you would be better heating certain rooms with oil heaters than multiple rooms with the ducted air con system. The buildings are not insulated that well as they tend to cool down quicker than they heat up! Good luck with the move etc.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:47 pm
Banned

longrangesniper is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Ayamoanie forum, I'm sure all your questions and queries will be answered by the good folk here, but I have a question for you..

Are you for or against Jags?
Old Oct 31st 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and to Ayamonte. I was in a corner house for a short period and found that yes it was cold in the winter. Modern portable gas fires are much better than they were years ago.Some people run a de humidifier when they have gas fires, if it is well ventilated then may not be necessary. Door curtains and stair curtains really do help and bottom of the door excluders.

Very lucky to have IBI at 200 euros ! I have just paid a bill off approx 900 for the year (not in this area) They doubled it this year because they are flat broke, so will most the residents of that area be
Old Oct 31st 2012, 6:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longrangesniper

Are you for or against Jags?
Personally I would prefer a Ferrari.

Can you please keep to the topic under discussion.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:22 pm
N.P
Just Joined

N.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
Personally I would prefer a Ferrari.

Can you please keep to the topic under discussion.
Personally I would prefer that you didnt ask people to keep to the topic. Who do you think you are? Its a perfectly reasonable question. As for the Ayamoanie forum - that is brilliant. Keep posting longrangesniper. Its all relevent.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:34 pm
N.P
Just Joined

Hope you new comers are getting all your questions answered. On the subject of wild dogs, there are none that I have ever seen. We do however have a big problem with cats here on Lomas. They are everywhere and becoming a real nuisance. Dont know who they belong to or if they are owned by one owner. If you like cats thats ok I suppose.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=N.P;10359828]Personally I would prefer that you didnt ask people to keep to the topic. Who do you think you are? Its a perfectly reasonable question. As for the Ayamoanie forum - that is brilliant. Keep posting longrangesniper. Its all relevent.[/QUOTE

If you read the forum rules and read the details of the poster you ask " who does he think he is" it would all be revealed.

Trolling is normally against forum rules. I am not alone I believe in being fed up of people coming on this forum and just being silly nasty and rude about people who live here and post in the Ayamonte forum.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:04 pm
N.P
Just Joined

[QUOTE=The Capitans Wench;10359866]
Originally Posted by N.P
Personally I would prefer that you didnt ask people to keep to the topic. Who do you think you are? Its a perfectly reasonable question. As for the Ayamoanie forum - that is brilliant. Keep posting longrangesniper. Its all relevent.[/QUOTE

If you read the forum rules and read the details of the poster you ask " who does he think he is" it would all be revealed.

Trolling is normally against forum rules. I am not alone I believe in being fed up of people coming on this forum and just being silly nasty and rude about people who live here and post in the Ayamonte forum.
Good. I also dont think people should be silly, nasty or rude on this site. But if people are commenting on things they believe to be relevant its not for someone else to tell them it isnt, when it is. If you understand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.