Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi,

don't know if this info will help, but Jon tried to e-mail The Oracle to my hotmail address but apparently a hotmail account is no good for a file this large, so he told me to open a gmail account on google, which I did (it took 2 minutes) and he then sent it straightaway. Opened the file, and spent the next 45 minutes reading the paper. Great articles, interesting info, and hilarious story about the spanish authorities deporting the family from essex.

Karen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks, jdr, I shall pass this info on to my pc staff (ie. 16 yr. old).
Yes mines 23 but they are stubborn by then so I have to wait till he has time!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:51 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Hi All,
I would just like to tell you some things that you may or may not know. I joined this forum way back in 2004 because someone posted misleading information which caused my mobile phone to hop( I am an estate agent) and had to get involved to set the record right.
Those of you that know me from posting will have seen that I posted photos to calm the worries of people who were anxious about their properties on CE. I am sure you all remember the bridge that was never going to be opened and that was sinking, that very same bridge that everyone that drives on to CE uses today.
The negative posts here on this site have been constructive at times. Those of you who highlighted problems on CE have seen some of them addressed. I have been up on the site from the very beginning, way back when you had to dodge those huge land movers and when they were using dynamite to shift some of the rock. The changes have been immense and there are still many to come.
This forum offers information that is invaluable to some, helpful,amusing,frustrating and downright annoying to others. I am totally against censorship of negative posts. Negative can be helpful to all. I have seen some scathing posts here have a positive effect on goings on in CE.
My opinion on CE is that
1. It has a long way to go and shops and hotels are needed to take it to the next step. The high cost of retail units is the main deterrent here.
2. It is a long term investment if you are not going for a lifestyle choice.
3. The golf courses are great, Not that I am a golfer but many of my clients are and their reaction to the courses have been on a whole great.

As is my way on this forum I will continue to post information that comes my way which may be of interest to you.

Regards
Michael H

Last edited by Michaelh; Feb 3rd 2008 at 4:37 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm
hoski and Myra

hoski is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Michaelh
wh
Hi there,

I now understand why I couldn't receive a pdf file of the Oracle. I have just opened a new account with Google. If anyone has the file of this months Oracle could they possibly send it to my email.
Would greatly appreciate it!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:11 pm
hoski and Myra

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi there,

I now understand why I couldn't receive a pdf file of the Oracle. I have just opened a new account with Google. If anyone has the file of this months Oracle could they possibly send it to my email.
Just realised that anybody who is good enough to reply and send the files will not know my new Google email. If you can be bothered you pm me and I can send my new Google email address.

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,
I would just like to tell you some things that you may or may not know. I joined this forum way back in 2004 because someone posted misleading information which caused my mobile phone number to hop( I am an estate agent) and had to get involved to set the record right.
Those of you that know me from posting will have seen that I posted photos to calm the worries of people who were anious about their properties on CE. I am sure you all remember the bridge that was never going to be opened and that was sinking, that very same bridge that everyone that drives on to CE uses today.
The negative posts here on this site have been constructive at times. Those of you who highlighted problems on CE have seen some of them addressed. I have been up on the site from the very beginning, way back when you had to dodge those huge land movers and when they were using dynamite to shift some of the rock. The changes have been immense and there are still many to come.
This forum offers information that is invaluable to some, helpful,amusing,frustrating and downright annoying to others. However I am totally against censorship of negative posts. Negative can be helpful to all. I have seen some scathing posts here have a positive effect on goings on in CE.
My opinion on CE is that
1. It has a long way to go and shops and hotels are needed to take it to the next step. The high cost of retail units is the main deterrent here.
3. The golf courses are great, Not that I am a golfer but many of my clients are and their reaction to the courses have been on a whole great.

As is my way on this forum I will continue to post information that comes my way which may be of interest to you.

Regards
Michael Halligan
Well said Michael..........

Karen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
I would just like to tell you some things that you may or may not know. I joined this forum way back in 2004 because someone posted misleading information which caused my mobile phone number to hop( I am an estate agent) and had to get involved to set the record right.
Those of you that know me from posting will have seen that I posted photos to calm the worries of people who were anious about their properties on CE. I am sure you all remember the bridge that was never going to be opened and that was sinking, that very same bridge that everyone that drives on to CE uses today.
This forum offers information that is invaluable to some, helpful,amusing,frustrating and downright annoying to others. However I am totally against censorship of negative posts. Negative can be helpful to all. I have seen some scathing posts here have a positive effect on goings on in CE.
My opinion on CE is that

Regards
Michael Halligan
Many thanks Michael, you have been so considerate to us all keeping us informed and posting photos......as have many others. Please continue to do so everybody, great way to get info and keep in touch.

Mind you I am on a downer after the Eng v Wales match yesterday. Looked as if we were cruising it..THEN !! what happened, it all changed at 1/2 time.

Mel
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Mind you I am on a downer after the Eng v Wales match yesterday. Looked as if we were cruising it..THEN !! what happened, it all changed at 1/2 time.

Mel[/QUOTE]

Hi Mel - We are still suffering from yesterday. It's not good being English in Cardiff when the result goes their way!!
Sue:
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Costa Esuri is a development that will take years to finish.

But the location is perfect and if/when a Huelva airport opens it will only improve.

It's not a fast return on investment but most people don't appear to have bought for that have they?

I can't wait to get over there and kit it out.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesf
I play a lot of tennis so been to La Manga a lot. It was on it's knees a few years ago...
[QUOTE=John & Kath;5877275]Thats why I posted the other day about the need over time to get all the facilities completed such as football pitches, tennis courts and the hotels...QUOTE]

... My opinion on CE is that

As is my way on this forum I will continue to post information that comes my way which may be of interest to you...

Remember when the news was that FC La Coruna were to train in, where was it, Ayamonte or Esuri? No reason to not contemplate why other teams might use this area, especially if (as mentioned above) the facilities were in place. Also, be it new airport, or AVE terminus in Huelva - all good news, IMO.

Many thanks for all the photos, michaelh!
John&Kath, don't forget your camera (hint, hint)! Best wishes for a safe & constructive journey to you, and others lucky to be going out to CE.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

[quote=Carol&John;5879444]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Thats why I posted the other day about the need over time to get all the facilities completed such as football pitches, tennis courts and the hotels...QUOTE]

Remember when the news was that FC La Coruna were to train in, where was it, Ayamonte or Esuri? No reason to not contemplate why other teams might use this area, especially if (as mentioned above) the facilities were in place. Also, be it new airport, or AVE terminus in Huelva - all good news, IMO.

Many thanks for all the photos, michaelh!
John&Kath, don't forget your camera (hint, hint)! Best wishes for a safe & constructive journey to you, and others lucky to be going out to CE.
The FC La Coruna rumour was definitely to be Esuri but that may have had something to do with the old Fadesa being the main sponsor of their home town club. The new Fadesa may have dropped that link.

The last posted location for the airport just east of Gibralion north of the motorway would have been great just 20 mins from CE and not too close for the flightpath to be intrusive but the orientation of the existing runway at the site would mean serious disruption for lots of towns and villages so I don't think that it is likely to go ahead.

For the time being the AVE linking Faro to Huelva has been dropped and the link from Sevillia to Huelva is to be at a reduced speed but it is still pretty fast.

Squeasyjets luggage allowance and one bag policy means that I am not taking my camera but I will endeavor to borrow one over there to get some pics
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

edebruge is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where would you recommend? Nice expat locations

Hi all,
We are moving out to Ayamonte within the next few months and I would appreciate some information on schools my son is nearly 14 so it would be helpful if the classes were in English or even partly .

Last edited by edebruge; Feb 3rd 2008 at 10:50 pm. Reason: spelling opps
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:22 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=John & Kath;5879611]
Originally Posted by Carol&John
The FC La Coruna rumour was definitely to be Esuri but that may have had something to do with the old Fadesa being the main sponsor of their home town club. The new Fadesa may have dropped that link.

The last posted location for the airport just east of Gibralion north of the motorway would have been great just 20 mins from CE and not too close for the flightpath to be intrusive but the orientation of the existing runway at the site would mean serious disruption for lots of towns and villages so I don't think that it is likely to go ahead.

For the time being the AVE linking Faro to Huelva has been dropped and the link from Sevillia to Huelva is to be at a reduced speed but it is still pretty fast.

Squeasyjets luggage allowance and one bag policy means that I am not taking my camera but I will endeavor to borrow one over there to get some pics
AIRPORT:

Long way off - if it goes ahead. There is a power play going on between Gibraleon and Huelva councils as the proposed airport put forward by Agricola involves both areas. Gibraleon Mayor is against it but is hiding behind the law at the moment. The land is deemed 'green belt' at the moment and as such cannot be touched. Agricola, along with Huelva council, argue that there is a loophole in the law that would need Madrid approval - green belt land can be used if it can be proven that it is in the best publice interest. However this is just one project and there are others flying around. There is a feeling among many that the airport is unnecessary with Faro just 40 mins away and Seville 1hr 10 and Jerez 1hr 45. Within 2 hours there are 3 airports. Within 2 hours of Madrid there is a total on ONE airport!!!!!!! Let's imagine the green belt problem is resolved today, there's still a mountain to climb and IMHO, for what its worth, we'll still be talking about it like this in 5 years time (remember that this project has been talked about for at least 15 years already)

AVE RAIL LINK:

Under the previous Portuguese government, promises were made with Spain that a total of 6 AVE projects would be undertaken with links to Spain in the north, the centre and the south. New governemt came in in 2005 and realised there was no money in coffers and only sanctioned two projects instead of 6. Last November the two projects recieved their EU grant.
For the time being the Faro link is off the agenda and unlikely to be put on any time soon. Instead Huelva City have gone forthe upgrade oftheir station which already recieves an AVE style train in Talgo (not quite as fast but quick enough) - this does Huelva Madrid once a day and takes just under 4 hours. Curiously it doesn't stop at Seville, instead waits on the track somewhere north of the city for the AVE to come through and it is then connected to the back.
With the fancy new station complex, they want to increase the number of trains that travel to Seville.

FOOTBALL TEAMS

Ayamonte already recieves major football teams (usually July and January) such as Betis, Sevilla, Real Madrid plus some others from further afield - many of the Scandanvian countries whose leagues don't start until Spring can be found in the area during Feb and March
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:28 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi there,

Hoski, send the gmail address to info and it will be done this morning
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:02 am
hoski and Myra

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Hoski, send the gmail address to info and it will be done this morning
Hi there,

I must say that from not being able to download the Oracle and asking for help on this site I have had so many people pm me to offer advice. Thank you all very much - I now have the paper to look through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.