Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by marisol
My brother has a house in la Manga, just in front of the beach and he likes more CE. At the beginning La Manga was great, not much people, not much cars and peace. Now it turned into the opposite, there are too much people, too much cars and too much noise. As i said in my previous post, there must be people that like La Manga more as it is in this moment but i liked much more before, when you could take a walk wherever you wanted. The progress implies inevitably an increase in the lack of safety besides the other negative aspects, so it depends on what you are looking for.
I hope CE never looks like La Manga
Hola marisol!
I remember when La Manga, and (even earlier) Sotogrande were names unheard of outside of Spain. ( I am not that old!) Nowadays Esuri is still a whisper.
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Of course, Sotogrande, and early La Manga are "pre-WWW".

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 3rd 2008 at 11:39 am. Reason: add p.s I'm forever thinking & typing too slowly.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
But the white house is in another country?
ahem! Er, yes! Don't make it that easy for RM!
Oh well, I guess RM has given up? (Sorry, but half-karma is not available.)
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hello Karen,
Nice to hear from you once again on the forum. You are correct indeed in saying that information is power, and the trick is to use it wisely.
I am guilty for posting about my "boiler woes", however, my experience,
I feel, has been of some use to others (especially the technical phrases).
Yes, separate threads with varying topics may be helpful, but it is so easy to search with keywords on this single thread.
Regards,
Carol
Hello Carol,
I agree with you, your post about the boiler had to be very helpful for people with the same problem. I think you all should ask Fadesa to change them, those boilers are already obsolete. If you all agree on that, maybe Fadesa change them, union is strength.
hasta pronto
marisol
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Hello Karen,
Nice to hear from you once again on the forum. You are correct indeed in saying that information is power, and the trick is to use it wisely.
I am guilty for posting about my "boiler woes", however, my experience,
I feel, has been of some use to others (especially the technical phrases).
Yes, separate threads with varying topics may be helpful, but it is so easy to search with keywords on this single thread.
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol,

you cannot possibly feel guilty for posting about your boiler. Not at all. It is great that we are all now aware that there is a potential issue with the boilers that Fadesa have used. This is forums at their best. A potential issue arises, a contributer makes people aware, and owners use that information in whichever way they see fit. That cannot be moaning in anyone's opinion.

I don't think a separate thread for each issue is warranted, but in the particular case of the owners in Rago 1 who are unhappy about the communal areas, it may be beneficial. Who knows???

PS - The Oracle was a good read this month, so relieved that after all Fortaleza's teasing references, he didn't have a scoop about CE being illegal or such like...

Karen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi Carol,

PS - The Oracle was a good read this month, so relieved that after all Fortaleza's teasing references, he didn't have a scoop about CE being illegal or such like...

Karen
Agreed, the article on page 20 "English Family Deported" is hilarious.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Carol,
I agree with you, your post about the boiler had to be very helpful for people with the same problem. I think you all should ask Fadesa to change them, those boilers are already obsolete. If you all agree on that, maybe Fadesa change them, union is strength.
hasta pronto
marisol
Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi Carol,

you cannot possibly feel guilty for posting about your boiler. Not at all. It is great that we are all now aware that there is a potential issue with the boilers that Fadesa have used. This is forums at their best. A potential issue arises, a contributer makes people aware, and owners use that information in whichever way they see fit. That cannot be moaning in anyone's opinion.

I don't think a separate thread for each issue is warranted, but in the particular case of the owners in Rago 1 who are unhappy about the communal areas, it may be beneficial. Who knows???

Karen
Hi again,
Let me just say that my experience with my boiler has been a "learning curve", and that I am quite fond of the old geezer, as long as it performs when I tell it to!
Now, as for Sr. Fortaleza, I believe I must be on his "ignore list", as he has not replied to my posts regarding Morgan's pomade, nor to one about english papers in Cadiz area. Pfff! I have not received my pdf copy via e-mail either! What is a girl to do?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. me voy a tomar una copita...
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

ahem! Er, yes! Don't make it that easy for RM!
Oh well, I guess RM has given up? (Sorry, but half-karma is not available.)
If its to do with that weird country next to Spain..............no not France, the other way, then no, I'm sorry, not too good on that country.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

How about street lights that are there but not on or as at CE Street lights that are on but no houses!
LOL. it is Spain though.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi again,
Let me just say that my experience with my boiler has been a "learning curve", and that I am quite fond of the old geezer, as long as it performs when I tell it to!
Now, as for Sr. Fortaleza, I believe I must be on his "ignore list", as he has not replied to my posts regarding Morgan's pomade, nor to one about english papers in Cadiz area. Pfff! I have not received my pdf copy via e-mail either! What is a girl to do?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. me voy a tomar una copita...
Would not be any good if you did receive it! My pdf contained 0 bytes which in my incomplete knowledge of these things means it was not there but hey ho I sent a message to the editor so perhaps he will re-send it on Monday so I can read it before I go out on Tuesday.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Now, as for Sr. Fortaleza, I believe I must be on his "ignore list"...... I have not received my pdf copy via e-mail either! What is a girl to do?
Hi Carol,

I got my copy 10 minutes after emailing a request for it. It is rather a large file though (17mb) so it's possible your message box on your IP's server is not accommodating it. I scrunched it down to a smaller size in Acrobat Professional and saved it for compatibility with earlier readers, but it's still 12mb. God knows why they saved it so big in the first place. I do a digital version of a client's catalogue every quarter its 240 pages and still under 10meg.

If I manage to get the filesize small enough, I'll email it to you.

Regards
Chris
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Carol,

I got my copy 10 minutes after emailing a request for it. It is rather a large file though (17mb) so it's possible your message box on your IP's server is not accommodating it. I scrunched it down to a smaller size in Acrobat Professional and saved it for compatibility with earlier readers, but it's still 12mb. God knows why they saved it so big in the first place. I do a digital version of a client's catalogue every quarter its 240 pages and still under 10meg.

Regards
Chris
Could you send to me as well you still have my email address for the business cards when I have a full Spanish address. I am on 3 meg BB so size is not really an issue but with my new PC I have vista premium and Adobie 8.1 reader so that might be my problem.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Could you send to me as well you still have my email address for the business cards when I have a full Spanish address. I am on 3 meg BB so size is not really an issue but with my new PC I have vista premium and Adobie 8.1 reader so that might be my problem.
Foreign language to me John. I cross myself when I read anything about PCs. Us Mac users believe Bill Gates is the antichrist.

I'll email it to you a bit later.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Dump Adobe and put Foxit on, much smaller and faster.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Foreign language to me John. I cross myself when I read anything about PCs. Us Mac users believe Bill Gates is the antichrist.

I'll email it to you a bit later.
You must be right there!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
If its to do with that weird country next to Spain..............no not France, the other way, then no, I'm sorry, not too good on that country.
You knew the answer all along! Full karma for your stubborness!

[QUOTE=John & Kath;5877710]Would not be any good if you did receive it! My pdf contained 0 bytes which in my incomplete knowledge of these things means it was not there but hey ho... [QUOTE]
Thanks, John, but you've lost me after 0 bytes...

Hi Carol,
I got my copy 10 minutes after emailing a request for it. It is rather a large file though (17mb)...

Regards
Chris
Oh, you are a star!Thank you for trying!

Originally Posted by jdr
Dump Adobe and put Foxit on, much smaller and faster.
Thanks, jdr, I shall pass this info on to my pc staff (ie. 16 yr. old).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.