Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:15 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi there,

I must say that from not being able to download the Oracle and asking for help on this site I have had so many people pm me to offer advice. Thank you all very much - I now have the paper to look through.
If you want it every month, you will need to email info as the subscriber folder is there.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: Where would you recommend? Nice expat locations

Originally Posted by edebruge
Hi all,
We are moving out to Ayamonte within the next few months and I would appreciate some information on schools my son is nearly 14 so it would be helpful if the classes were in English or even partly .

HI,

we moved here last year with 12 year old son.
Schooling is a very personal choice but I can tell you our experience will pm you with more info.
will say though the younger the child the easier it is.
Our son is very happy here and his Spanish is really good.

Sue
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
The FC La Coruna rumour was definitely to be Esuri but that may have had something to do with the old Fadesa being the main sponsor of their home town club. The new Fadesa may have dropped that link...

...Squeasyjets luggage allowance and one bag policy means that I am not taking my camera but I will endeavor to borrow one over there to get some pics
Thanks, John.
Just out of curiosity, do the airlines allow people to carry cameras slung around their necks? Does this count as "hand" luggage? If you carry a coat, this isn't "hand" luggage, as such.

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

AIRPORT:

Long way off - if it goes ahead...

AVE RAIL LINK:

Under the previous Portuguese government, promises were made with Spain that a total of 6 AVE projects would be undertaken with links to Spain in the north, the centre and the south...

FOOTBALL TEAMS

Ayamonte already recieves major football teams (usually July and January) such as Betis, Sevilla, Real Madrid...
Good post, Fortaleza. Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

[quote=Fortaleza;5881348]

FOOTBALL TEAMS

Ayamonte already recieves major football teams (usually July and January) such as Betis, Sevilla, Real Madrid plus some others from further afield - many of the Scandanvian countries whose leagues don't start until Spring can be found in the area during Feb and March
Hi Fortaleza,

Where do they stay? I thought they had to have golf and training pitches (I suppose they could use the football and athletic stadia) with 5* Spa Hotel. Apart from Canela Golf which is not very big for a footie squad there is nothing else in Ayamonte.

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where would you recommend? Nice expat locations

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
HI,

we moved here last year with 12 year old son.
Schooling is a very personal choice but I can tell you our experience will pm you with more info.
will say though the younger the child the easier it is.
Our son is very happy here and his Spanish is really good.

Sue
Hi Sue,

That's the most important thing sorted and you now have a built in interpreter well done.

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:35 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=John & Kath;5881711]
Hi Fortaleza,

Where do they stay? I thought they had to have golf and training pitches (I suppose they could use the football and athletic stadia) with 5* Spa Hotel. Apart from Canela Golf which is not very big for a footie squad there is nothing else in Ayamonte.

Regards,

John.

The football pitches that belong to Canela golf are of an extremely high quality - better that the stadium - so they train there. They usually stay in the Riu Atlantico.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks, John.
Just out of curiosity, do the airlines allow people to carry cameras slung around their necks? Does this count as "hand" luggage? If you carry a coat, this isn't "hand" luggage, as such.

Good post, Fortaleza. Thanks.
Hi Carol&John,

Stansted probably not, Luton maybe, Spanish and Portugese airports definitely but a Cannon is a bit expensive to be told to leave it in the bin!

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[quote=Fortaleza;5881730]

The football pitches that belong to Canela golf are of an extremely high quality - better that the stadium - so they train there. They usually stay in the Riu Atlantico.
Hi Fortaleza,

So from tommorrow for a week we may be in the company of some Scandanavian WAGS?

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:47 am

[QUOTE=John & Kath;5881749]
Hi Fortaleza,

So from tommorrow for a week we may be in the company of some Scandanavian WAGS?

Regards,

John.

I know there are some Icelandic first division teams on the way this month but don't know when. Anyway, who needs them when the big Lepe-Ayamonte derby is this weekend?????
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!
Shut the shop at 2.00pm on Saturday afternoon, and just logged on to find a new thread and already 7 pages deep - you lot can't 'alf talk
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Surely not as brutal as the damage to the Costa's coastline by concrete, as evidenced by Esuri.
Sorry?

I didn't realise Esuri was on the Coast.Maybe I have been travelling down to Isla Canela without realising their was a closer beach???

You can hardly say that the Costa de la Luz coastline is badly affected by development.

Tony
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by tonyp
Sorry?

I didn't realise Esuri was on the Coast.Maybe I have been travelling down to Isla Canela without realising their was a closer beach???

You can hardly say that the Costa de la Luz coastline is badly affected by development.

Tony
No you are right there is no beach to CE the nearest are Canela and VRSan but the eco lobby are very concerned about encroachment at both Isla Canela and Isla Cristina the tidal action has been changed by the developments and the beach at both erode and acretes. The long term implications have not been studied as far as I know.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

It was reported in the Spanish news headlines recently that many of the posters in the Costa Esuri thread were thinking of "coming out" and discovering the rest of the Spanish forum that exists all around them.

A spokesperson for the thread said "we just never realised it was there, its been a real suprise to us"

The management of British Expats had recently expressed suprise that there was whole other world existing within their Spanish forums that they just hadn't seen. They were reportedly looking forward to welcoming the newcomers with open arms and learning more about the Costa Esuri revolution

...... Reuters ....... Reuters ....... Reuters ........ Reuters ........
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:33 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It was reported in the Spanish news headlines recently that many of the posters in the Costa Esuri thread were thinking of "coming out" and discovering the rest of the Spanish forum that exists all around them.

A spokesperson for the thread said "we just never realised it was there, its been a real suprise to us"

The management of British Expats had recently expressed suprise that there was whole other world existing within their Spanish forums that they just hadn't seen. They were reportedly looking forward to welcoming the newcomers with open arms and learning more about the Costa Esuri revolution

Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

You keep away from us its flat out there and we might fall off the edge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.