Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes I have noticed that some people take their bikes in thro the barrier at the R/about on the main road and then cycle off towards the river so I assume they come out by the sardine factory?
Hi Kath,

Yes the road goes to Calle de las flores where the old cannery was. That is part of the problem what is 2 lane traffic on the new road, suddenly becomes a single narrow road. I know there are plans to alter the road and buildings all along the front, how long this will take is anyone's guess.

Sue
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:25 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a place near Ayamonte to get hold of fake plants, which we need for our balconey. We are looking for ones like small palms, about 2-3 feet tall. Any help would be appreciated.

John
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a place near Ayamonte to get hold of fake plants, which we need for our balconey. We are looking for ones like small palms, about 2-3 feet tall. Any help would be appreciated.

John
Hi
I have thought of having some artificial plants. I have seen them in one of the 'everything but the kitchen sink' shops in Ayamonte but have been put off thinking they may fade quickly in the strong sunlight.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Before I start, I want to say that I have NO commercial, in fact no connection at all with this company. Read any of my previous posts and you will see that I would only recommend someone who delivered a good service.

This company has advertised on this site and is banned, so I wont name them and ask people to PM me if they want the details: Even though they may have messed up their marketing activities, I do feel that its useful to share this very positive experience with other forum members. Also the type of installation and set-up would be of interest to other duplex owners.

I just wanted to recommend an A/C company that did my A/C when we were recently there. They did an excellent job.

I got the lead from the forum, and I apologise that I forget who posted it.

I had the main unit 'over-sized' i.e made it a stronger unit, 'overspecified' in output terms (i.e BTU's etc meaning that there is less stress on the pump and system in pushing out the cold and hot air). This was also recommended in the earlier post mentioned above. The installer recommended it too. Sometimes it is more energy efficient, and generally better, to have a bigger unit operating at say 70% than a smaller unit struggling out at 90%.

We have a duplex and we blocked off off the ducting going upstairs and put a separate unit in the bedroom. This means that we can separate the cooling and not cool the whole flat, and often its OK just to cool the bedroom at night. It gives more options.

We were very impressed with the quality of work, and atention to detail from this company. They pressure tested the pipes with nitrogen to 300psi to make sure that there was no leak - I dont think everyone does this for example. So when everything was hooked up we felt good that the piping was good. We agreed in advance that if there was a leak they would write a experts report for Fadesa. Luckily this wasnt needed. But I wanted this as 'professional backup' if I had to go to Fadesa.

We feel that we have a superior system. Its not the cheapest but for just a small increase in price we have a much better system - good make too - that we are very happy with and.... It still came out cheaper than a lesser system installed by one of the big property management companies. I think it is good to go for quality with A/C as its a high budget item and best to get something that will last.

Just a recommendation for you .... PM me if you are looking for an A/C supplier to add to your list... but of course do your own due dilligence before you sign on the dotted line...

Regards
Jon
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Hi all,

John
There is a massive Chinese owned shop in Villa Real de San Antonio if you drive west of the town just a mile down the road towards Tavira from the ALDI or is it LIDL supermarket island. It is on the right hand side. They have a large selection of what you have asked on display outside. Orange trees, palm trees and the like. Don't know how they would resist fading though. Looks like the real thing and very convincing from a short distance away.

Last edited by Graham G; Apr 28th 2008 at 11:09 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Bennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to allBennie is a name known to all

Hello All, this is my first go at posting and maybe my last if I don’t get the hang of it. I have never looked on this before except when Sammy used to show me pictures when we lived back in England. But I have had a few phone calls lately to say Sammys name and mine have been mentioned so asked her to get this forum up for me. It did make me laugh to see I am a bit of a stud round here.

So I thought while I am here I will give you all a bit of an update and ask Sammy to put some photos up for you.

Life here is fantastic, we have settled in just great. Work is good; I manage Outdoor Living and work with some nice people. Sammy is settled and happy in life over here, and is busy with her work.

Costa Esuri is looking better and better each day. The intercommunity gardeners have now changed and you can see a big difference now. The community areas are now maturing and looking lovely and it’s nice to hear and see children playing in the swimming pools. I have heard a whisper that 2 units at the commercial centre are taken, but you do hear a lot of whispers round here so until the shop fitters go in I will not get my hopes up. Most gardens have been done on RVA 4 townhouses and are making the place look at lot tidier; those that haven’t done their gardens are going to be in for a shock and a big fine!

We have found the best place to eat in Ayamonte in our view. The C.D. Burguer bar on the nightclub street has been taken over by a Portuguese couple. They do the tastiest Portuguese tapas and my favourite is the liver and onion tapas. Sammy’s favourite is the codfish pie. It is very cheap and only 1 euro for a beer and a euro for a coffee. They are going to change the name and also do a bit of renovation so it could turn out to be a very popular place to meet up and have something to eat.

If these photos dont appear I will have to wait for Sammy to come in to put them up.
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-img_0004.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-img_0011.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-img_0026.jpg  

Last edited by Bennie; Apr 28th 2008 at 11:54 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:08 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Thought this may be of interest to those of you who HAVEN'T bought in the area yet:

I met an interesting bloke yesterday who's heading up something that I've not seen in this part of Spain and on the face of it, it looks like a fairly good initiative.

It is a high class luxury development with villas and apartments near Islantilla Golf Course but it is aimed at over 50's. The idea is apparently to have your own private property but with the benefits of a support system on site. A multi-lingual staff (mainly English, Dutch and German) are there 24 hours for all sorts of problems that arise within your development.

Most importantly is the presence of doctors, nurses, dentists etc who all speak different languages.

Knowing of a few older people who've moved here and returned home over the years because of health and care issues, this seems like a good solution.

Wouldn't imagine it's cheap though.

Thinking of the problems as well that many are having with residents associations, snagging, developers etc etc.... this presumably wouldn't be an issue there.

Anyhow, thought it might interest some folk. Can't give the bloke's details here so pm me and I'll pass it on.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:35 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bennie
Hello All, this is my first go at posting and maybe my last if I don’t get the hang of it. I have never looked on this before except when Sammy used to show me pictures when we lived back in England. But I have had a few phone calls lately to say Sammys name and mine have been mentioned so asked her to get this forum up for me. It did make me laugh to see I am a bit of a stud round here.

So I thought while I am here I will give you all a bit of an update and ask Sammy to put some photos up for you.

Life here is fantastic, we have settled in just great. Work is good; I manage Outdoor Living and work with some nice people. Sammy is settled and happy in life over here, and is busy with her work.

Costa Esuri is looking better and better each day. The intercommunity gardeners have now changed and you can see a big difference now. The community areas are now maturing and looking lovely and it’s nice to hear and see children playing in the swimming pools. I have heard a whisper that 2 units at the commercial centre are taken, but you do hear a lot of whispers round here so until the shop fitters go in I will not get my hopes up. Most gardens have been done on RVA 4 townhouses and are making the place look at lot tidier; those that haven’t done their gardens are going to be in for a shock and a big fine!

We have found the best place to eat in Ayamonte in our view. The C.D. Burguer bar on the nightclub street has been taken over by a Portuguese couple. They do the tastiest Portuguese tapas and my favourite is the liver and onion tapas. Sammy’s favourite is the codfish pie. It is very cheap and only 1 euro for a beer and a euro for a coffee. They are going to change the name and also do a bit of renovation so it could turn out to be a very popular place to meet up and have something to eat.

If these photos dont appear I will have to wait for Sammy to come in to put them up.

Hiya Bennie

Great to look on the thread and see a posting from you.....you stud muffin you !!! All the best to Sam and L'l Sam, fabulous photo of him looking very pert indeed. I would bet anybody that John will be heading towards the liver and onions with his nose bag as soon as we are in Ayamonte early June. Glad all is well with you both and look forward to seeing you soon.

Mel xx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:15 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Is that sammy on the right hand picture.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Hi Bennie
Great to hear from you, I agree completely with the way things are looking and maturing at CE, we are delighted, and of course tasty tips are always welcome. Thanks
Kim
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

[QUOTE=Bennie;6282397]Hello All, this is my first go at posting and maybe my last if I don’t get the hang of it. ]

Hi Bennie

Good to hear from you. Look forward to seeing you both soon.

Steve y Pat
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone recommend a good place for a massage (no, the head, shoulders and neck type, not the other!) in or near Ayamonte, for tired golfers? I know the Barcelo, Riu Atlantico and Vincci Canela advertise them - does anyone know if they're any good? Or anyone nearer to Costa Esuri preferably? PMs if you can help would be much welcomed by these ageing & weary golfers....

Who are coming out to Esuri for a couple of weeks from May 10, so if there are any "posters" on this thread out there at that time (especially from Rago 1) we would love to meet you.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by A & M
Can anyone recommend a good place for a massage (no, the head, shoulders and neck type, not the other!) in or near Ayamonte, for tired golfers? I know the Barcelo, Riu Atlantico and Vincci Canela advertise them - does anyone know if they're any good? Or anyone nearer to Costa Esuri preferably? PMs if you can help would be much welcomed by these ageing & weary golfers....

Who are coming out to Esuri for a couple of weeks from May 10, so if there are any "posters" on this thread out there at that time (especially from Rago 1) we would love to meet you.
We are out from the 16th May to 27th and staying in RAGO 1 and we also would be interested interested to know of good local sports massage physios.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bennie;6282397]Hello All, this is my first go at posting and maybe my last if I don’t get the hang of it. I have never looked on this before except when Sammy used to show me pictures when we lived back in England. But I have had a few phone calls lately to say Sammys name and mine have been mentioned so asked her to get this forum up for me. It did make me laugh to see I am a bit of a stud round here.

Hi Bennie and welcome to the forum at long last, feel like we have known you for ages, if you ever get fed up with Esuri we could use a good man like you and of course your lovely wife down Malaga way, of course we are a much nicer type down there you know !!

Keep up the good work and keep in touch, Big hugs to Sam and big pats to Sammy or vice versa......??

BB.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We are out from the 16th May to 27th and staying in RAGO 1 and we also would be interested interested to know of good local sports massage physios.
Hola!
Try contacting Michaelh via PM. There was mention of a physiotherapist, if I can remember, with a Basque (or Scottish?) name: Ainhoa?
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Apr 30th 2008 at 8:58 am. Reason: looked up baby names!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.