Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cold Weather on the Way?

Cold Weather on the Way?

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cold Weather on the Way?

Can you just not tell anybody about it next time, Meg? It might break the jinx!

It's now officially getting colder, I changed into my jeans for the first time since April last night. Now follows a few weeks of changing clothes 3 times a day - warmer ones for early mornings and evenings, cooler ones during the day!
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

The rain arrived here this morning, it was just like a tap had been turned on, cloudy one minute and then the heavens opened closely followed by the thunder and lightening. I think that winter is really knocking on the door to be let in but thankfully nature granted me the padding not to notice the cold to much

Time to put the summer table away and bring out the plastic ones, can not complain to much at least we saw a lot more sun than most of the UK .
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Can you just not tell anybody about it next time, Meg? It might break the jinx!

It's now officially getting colder, I changed into my jeans for the first time since April last night. Now follows a few weeks of changing clothes 3 times a day - warmer ones for early mornings and evenings, cooler ones during the day!
Yes,its jumper on, jumper off, jumper on, jumper off.........
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Got to get past the car looking like a travelling mudpie, though.... -
summer polvo winter sludge until the rain cleans it! I do put it through the carwash sometimes but it seems a bit of a waste of cash when roadworks are sending me daily over 14km of dirt track I wouldn't normally do!
..oh, and of course got the blanket(s) out this morning, plus the washing takes significantly longer to dry! Ho hum never happy
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 3:25 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We keep hearing that it is on the way and it is a lot colder out in the evenings so a coat is needed. I have only worn my coat once during the day and then I had to take it off as I was walking and got hot. Can't complain if the weather changes now as we have been lucky that the summer has been extended Oh ... and I am not in Spain I am in England
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 3:46 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
We keep hearing that it is on the way and it is a lot colder out in the evenings so a coat is needed. I have only worn my coat once during the day and then I had to take it off as I was walking and got hot. Can't complain if the weather changes now as we have been lucky that the summer has been extended Oh ... and I am not in Spain I am in England
I have just been out in the English Autumn, the temp was 14 in the sun, and I wore a coat and glad of it

bbbrrrrhhhh.......
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
I have just been out in the English Autumn, the temp was 14 in the sun, and I wore a coat and glad of it

bbbrrrrhhhh.......
I'm on the south coast
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 5:47 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

17 air temp. here according to my car. Felt hotter in the sun. OK not as hot as the CDS as I hear October has been splendid in Marbella but then I am not here for the weather It has been great in the UK though, unfortunately we were abroad for the 28C days in the UK!

We always had family out in Spain this week for half term and no matter how good the weather had been it nearly always turned rainy, sods law I suppoe.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Got my socks and slippers on indoors tonight for the first time since we arrived back in Sevilla at the start of September.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

The housecoat came out for the first time this week as it's too cool now to take breakfast on the terrace without it......not that that will be happening for a day or two because of the rain.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:11 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Got my socks and slippers on indoors tonight for the first time since we arrived back in Sevilla at the start of September.
was visiting Sevilla at about this time of year 3yrs ago, only had thin tee-shirts with me, fine during the day but after sunset needed to visit C&A and get a couple of long sleeved and thicker tee-shirts to go out in the evening.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:08 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Smelt the first logs burning outside today, still not seen rain since May, though it did try, cloudy today and only showing 18c in shade. In a way I am looking forward to getting my log burner going again, sooo cozy
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:40 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

What have I gone and said?

I't´s peeing it down today
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Here too, 24 hours later than TuTiempo forecast (they are usually very good). One wet man and two very wet dogs!

Still, I have had 700 litres of central heating oil delivered along with two trailer loads of logs. Beef casserole in the slow cooker, vodka and gin pushed to the back of the shelf and whisky to the forefront. Might have a log fire tonight just for the sheer hell of it - even tho' it is not that cold.

I actually don't mind the change of seasons because wall-to-wall sunshine 365 days a year would be a tad boring.

Now, where did I store the Christmas tree?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 10:37 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
What have I gone and said?

I't´s peeing it down today
It appears to be mainly heavy thunder showers, so we likely have the gota fria to look forward to yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.