COLD

Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COLD

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Weather not so good in Spain unless living in andalucia.
Nothing very unusual about that!

Despite what many of the summer visitors think Spain is not a year round hot country, here in Andalucia even though it can and on occasion does get cold we are fortunately warmer than most... which is one reason why it's so popular with the Expats.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Really? Aren't you interested to wonder why the world isn't warming (much)?

It's a bit like putting a second duvet on the bed, and yet not being any warmer than when you had one.

The sun is in a quiet period, and were it not for all the greenhouse gasses we have been pumping into the atmosphere, things would actually be a lot colder.

Pause and think what will happen if the sun starts to run hot again?

Southern Andalucia, even better. Why do you think we came here?
My understanding of it. .............We're actually supposed to be heading for another ice age. But global warming is slowing down the natural Global cooling. (Bil's Blanket). So If Jeremy Clarkson wants to drive 10 times round the earth in a 4 by 4... please Jeremy, go ahead! And please make some more humorous TV programmes to keep us happy while we're shivering would you? :-D We should be putting more research into how we can live with more extreme weather, and how we can use solar, wind and wave power, rather than worrying about a few internal combustion engines. Now, If we could harness the energy wasted in guilt... we'd get some offsetting done. While we're at it we could hook up some of the godbotherers eh bil?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
My understanding of it. .............We're actually supposed to be heading for another ice age. But global warming is slowing down the natural Global cooling. (Bil's Blanket). So If Jeremy Clarkson wants to drive 10 times round the earth in a 4 by 4... please Jeremy, go ahead! And please make some more humorous TV programmes to keep us happy while we're shivering would you? :-D We should be putting more research into how we can live with more extreme weather, and how we can use solar, wind and wave power, rather than worrying about a few internal combustion engines. Now, If we could harness the energy wasted in guilt... we'd get some offsetting done. While we're at it we could hook up some of the godbotherers eh bil?
They should put that brainless, idiot Clarkson in his favourite 4x4, weld the doors shut and drop him from a great height into the middle of the ocean.

I would very gladly put up with any resultant pollution, just to see the back of him.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
They should put that brainless, idiot Clarkson in his favourite 4x4, weld the doors shut and drop him from a great height into the middle of the ocean.

I would very gladly put up with any resultant pollution, just to see the back of him.
Clarkson is like marmite
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:08 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Clarkson is like marmite
Exactly, horrible and disgusting.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:18 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is, we just don't know wheich way things will go. If the sun stays cool, CO2 emissions shouldn't be a problem. The worrying thing is, will it warm up again?

Plugging god botherers into the mains? There's a thought......

Kidding aside, if we wanted a CO2 free energy system, we could have it. Set up wind power where it is windy, some wave where that works best, and solar where it's sunny, for example the deserts. Link them with a DC system (I've heard that is better than a/c) and off you go.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Exactly, horrible and disgusting.
There are three presenters on Top Gear, but he is the main man, and whilst he's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, the series has been a great little earner for the BBC, it's been sold to dozens of countries. I bet the BBC are happy to keep him and pay him well, I wouldn't mind being a few bob behind him.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:41 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like Clarkson (and Top Gear). Last night on the box they were travelling to the Holy Land through various Middle-Eastern countries, and I thought it was highly enjoyable. I have to admit I thought they were being either very stupid or very brave, dressed up in Burkhas and driving along a Syrian highway into Damascus.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COLD

Originally Posted by agoreira
There are three presenters on Top Gear, but he is the main man, and whilst he's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, the series has been a great little earner for the BBC, it's been sold to dozens of countries. I bet the BBC are happy to keep him and pay him well, I wouldn't mind being a few bob behind him.
I think you will find it is a nice little earner for Clarkson he holds the rights to the programme not the Beeb. I used to like top gear when it was a proper motoring programme but 2/3 is now silly and some things downright dangerous with no regard to cost two sets of SLS tyres to drive about 200 miles!

However his regular non-motoring column in the Sunday Times (which he aggregates and sells as a book) is fantastic.