COLD

Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

marchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the rough
Angry COLD

I did not expect to have such a low temperature here around Sevilla specialy inside the house, simply freezing!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:33 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COLD

LOL welcome to Sevilla! I was once told it snows only once in about every 30 years around here...so far it's snowed for 3 out of my 7 winters here and we have frosts and sub-zero temps every year...
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

marchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
LOL welcome to Sevilla! I was once told it snows only once in about every 30 years around here...so far it's snowed for 3 out of my 7 winters here and we have frosts and sub-zero temps every year...
Wow I was thinking we will spring temperatures in the winter so I did not worry when I saw there is no heating in any houses in the campo but definitly one is needed or otherwise live in only one room all the family packed together.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

stop complaining & put a jumper on.

its 11 degrees in Denia, 15 degrees more than UK tonight!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I sympathise, having spent two years in Córdoba. It was the heat I was scared of beforehand, but in reality it was the winter really got me down.

Snow - yes, the first year I was there it snowed for the first time in 36 years. The second year I was there it snowed again. I didn't stay for a third.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:52 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
stop complaining & put a jumper on.

its 11 degrees in Denia, 15 degrees more than UK tonight!
He's right - it is bitterly cold in the UK tonight (it has been for a few days now).
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
He's right - it is bitterly cold in the UK tonight (it has been for a few days now).
Yes but the houses in UK are heated and sometimes overheated, the best thing is to be outside all day outside is nicer than inside except today a chilly wind was everywhere.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:01 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

In UK houses you have central heating, carpets, insulation, damp course. In Spain they build their houses to keep cool, lots of tiles and draughts! It doesnt matter about the temperature outside when you're sitting indoors, its expensive and hard work to get a Spanish house warm and cosy, so its usually just one room with everyone huddled around the fire!

Jo
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
In UK houses you have central heating, carpets, insulation, damp course. In Spain they build their houses to keep cool, lots of tiles and draughts! It doesnt matter about the temperature outside when you're sitting indoors, its expensive and hard work to get a Spanish house warm and cosy, so its usually just one room with everyone huddled around the fire!

Jo
I have to admit that in Madrid I found different places had differing ways of coping with the cold. Modern apartment blocks had shared centralised central heating, and were over-powering in some cases. Older blocks (although not freezing) were a tad chilly when winter was at its peak. However I know that detached villas/chalets were often under-powered in this respect. Some of the detached villas where the rich people lived, were in fact the worse places to be once the mercury dipped below zero.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

spot on, I have a thermometer measuring inside & out temps.

at a villa if unused & unheated it is warmer outside than in - to warm up initially I open the windows as its stale air which is cold.

currently (in a flat) it is 12 deg out, 20 deg in. you don't half feel it as it was hot & sunny today, soon as the sun goes down the temp drops 10 degrees.

to anyone in the UK - keep safe & warm, drive carefully tomorrow.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 7:24 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

When I first came to Spain, the winters didn’t bother me and felt a lot warmer than the UK. But I must admit that I get very cold now and need a lot of heating in the house.

I often wonder if my skin has got browner and thinner at the same time. Or have the winters got colder?

Whichever is true, I know that at least three cold months lie ahead.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas dinner was always eaten outside followed by a dip in the sea.

35 years later I believe it's all the cheap booze that has thinned the blood
Old Nov 28th 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice

I have never been so cold as my first few nights in spain, I slept with all my clothes on in a sleeping bag, and was still frozen. But come the summer, had to sleep on the cold tiles on the floor to keep cool.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 9:08 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

My husband commutes and he came over yesterday. He says its freezing in the UK, but the house there is lovely, warm and cosy. He's cold here tonight and sitting almost on top of the gas heater at the moment. He much prefers the UK in the winter cos its geared for the cold!

Jo xxx
Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
My husband commutes and he came over yesterday. He says its freezing in the UK, but the house there is lovely, warm and cosy. He's cold here tonight and sitting almost on top of the gas heater at the moment. He much prefers the UK in the winter cos its geared for the cold!

Jo xxx
Exactly right.
It's beautiful outside here in my part of the UK, with a nice crisp covering of snow.
Lovely and cosy inside, with a property geared up for cold weather.

In fact I'm as as snug as a bug in a rug, and will likely delay my return to Spain until Almond Blossom time or thereabouts.

Now had I still had my place in the Canaries, it might have been a different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.