Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Be careful in Barcelona !! regards to pick pockets.

Be careful in Barcelona !! regards to pick pockets.

Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be careful in Barcelona !! regards to pick pockets.

Originally Posted by Domino

Enjoy it whilst you have it - once it's gone its not coming back, especially to a city which when I was there 5 years ago looked care worn, dusty, dirty.
Is it small wonder that other places like Singapore, London, Beijing etc are up there luxuriating in what Barcelona used to have.

`
5 years ago I lived there, and things had never been better, busier - or more expensive in Barcelona

The city didnt and doesnt look dirty and worn at all, unless you spent your whole time in the poor neighbourhoods on the outskirts?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:33 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Go and talk to the people who live there. You can see the banners that people put on their terraces or maybe take part in one of the protests againt massive tourism that take place every now and then

Or you can read this article or one of many others that are out there

http://www.ecotumismo.org/turismo-re...-de-la-ciudad/
Sheeet Dominos, y'r real stupit. Ya can toss yer fancy city-boy stat-istics in da loo.

See, all 'em folk makin all 'em protests "againt" da massif turism is da onlly folk who got da facs. Da rest is jus' bankers and loyers and polytichins makin' it up 'cause theys jellos about r' lil' pair-a-dice.

realy big stupit you is. Heh heh heh...
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I agree. Real Madrid have a far more illustrous history to that of the football club Barca....

Of course if we are talking about the city of Barcelona (Barna is the shortened form the Spanish use I believe) then I can understand why Brits and others fall for the marketing. A vibrant modern city with impressive architecture next to the sea... Of course, it probably is the worse place for petty crime like pickpockets, but at least it doesn't have the rep for murders, stabbings etc that other cities may have (regardless of actual statistics).
No doubt better tapas and better trains in Madrid as well Stevie, eh.

I doubt if either of them are major tourist attractions anymore compared to what else is on offer these days.
They are little more than possiblities for cheap weekend visits and flights for most folk these days.
Barcelona naturally being the most popular of the two because of its better known attractions, better location and better climate.

Sorry, Stevie and all that,.... but that's the way it is.

Oh dear, I see Real are even struggling in La Liga these days.
Second to Barca is like nowhere at all.